Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ~FOUND the CULPRIT!!~ Miles traveled VS Tank of gas~UPDATED~  (Read 7534 times)

Offline •Khandy•Rhed•Bhusa•

• Post Whore
driving with a good mix of city and highway, lets say I can go 140miles maybe a bit more, on a full TTT tank of gas.  Is this good? Comparable to what you guys are getting?

ok well false alarm.  I really checked and the residue on the plugs and stuff is oil. Oil from when I dramatically overflowed the engine.  it CLOGGED my air filter as result of bad gas mileage no?  also the oil, underpressure seem to get out any way it could lol every connection there was oil residue where it had leaked.  I am getting the CR9EIX just for the heck of it 17+ no change plugs.  See if my airbox is dirty enough

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:46:17 PM by Hayaboosta03 »

• Post Whore
Re: Lets compare Miles traveled VS Tank of gas
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:27:41 AM »
I am wondering because I have a 650mile trip to make in 2 weeks.

Offline badboysbailagnt

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:30:21 AM »
mines bout 120 lol  1397 though  i think i use to get 200-240 when it was stock

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:41:33 AM »
damn if thats the case then that sucks, because that means that much feul I am wasting! Thanks for your input.

Offline coop

• Post Master
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 12:10:22 PM »
driving with a good mix of city and highway, lets say I can go 140miles maybe a bit more, on a full TTT tank of gas.  Is this good? Comparable to what you guys are getting?

Not really considering yourtank is 5.5 gal. Thats about 25.5 MPG, not bad if you never shift past 3rd gear. :lol:

Offline casingbill

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 12:15:08 PM »
maybe 200 but i never go past 150 without fueling
--------------------------------
2001 Silver/Black Busa

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 12:19:50 PM »
When my bike was stock, I could get  from 175 to 200 miles on a full tank.  Depending on how I rode it.  120 seems a little low, unless your at full throttle 90% of the time.

Offline ALUCARD

• Post Whore
  • LOVE DON'T PAY THE RENT
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »
WENT UP TO ROCKFORD,IL YESTERDAY.2 HOUR TRIP TOTAL ON THE EXPRESSWAY.AVERAGE SPEED OF 90 MPH.138 MILES ROUND TRIP , USED ONLY1/2 TANK.MY BIKE IS PIPED,SMALL BOX MOD, GEARED.

MARRIAGE IS LIKE A HORSE WITH A BROKEN LEG.YOU CAN SHOOT THE HORSE.BUT THAT DON'T FIX THE LEG

Offline ludikrisspeed

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 12:25:43 PM »
I ride pretty easy now, and unfortunately, most of it is city... but I'll get 160 before the light comes on usually...

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 01:31:23 PM »
When tank  gets empty stop and put more in. :lol: Thats all you,ve got to know
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline 06moneypit

• Rider
  • need boost!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »
I get about 200 per tank. no mods to the motor. just lowered 1" fron 1.5 rear and motor head under tail.
no light weight mods or motor mods . I do gas up at about 175 unless i happen to be on the highway.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 03:35:17 PM »
How many gallons you use to get the 140 miles? is the little light on?

Figure 5 gallons at 140 miles is about 28mpg
If you useing 4.5 gallons then it would be 31 so its hard to say

Stock motor, piped and tuned with a PC at 17/43 and corrected speedo I get about 36 at 85 on highway, and about 43 at 50 mph.
So if I do 5 gallons at 35 mpg that would be about 175 but I would be on fumes.

Also is your speedo corrected and have you dont any gear changes that will effect you hard core.

Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 05:35:56 PM »
I have no mods done to the motor, just tre and small box.  I'll be lucky to push 120 before I refuel the next time.  I am above the red barely and this was not quite a full tank I put 10bux instead of the 13 that takes to fill it.  But as suspected I am loosing fuel before it gets to my motor as I stated in a recent post earlier last week.  The bike runs fine, shows 39.6 on the MPG was over 40 before I started playing.  So a guy with a 1397 is getting same/better than me :(

Offline havabusa12r

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 12:21:49 AM »
When tank  gets empty stop and put more in. :lol: Thats all you,ve got to know

That does not always work in some of the western outback country.   :D

Offline havabusa12r

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 12:25:11 AM »
Where is your trip from and to?  650 miles is about 3-4 tanks of highway miles. 5 if you mix in some city.

What are you worried about?

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 08:26:15 AM »
Where is your trip from and to?  650 miles is about 3-4 tanks of highway miles. 5 if you mix in some city.

What are you worried about?

I dunno im gonna do it either way, just seeing how much I am loosing in gas compared to normal people

Offline h82bbad

• Post Master
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 08:41:33 AM »
IF YOU HAVE A FUEL LEAK WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CONSIDER A 650 MILE TRIP, UNLESS YOUR TRYING TO CATVCH IT ON FIRE FOR INSURANCE REASONS.
exhaust by Motorhead.

• Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 05:13:39 PM »
IF YOU HAVE A FUEL LEAK WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CONSIDER A 650 MILE TRIP, UNLESS YOUR TRYING TO CATVCH IT ON FIRE FOR INSURANCE REASONS.

Well I don't even have insurance so thats out of the question.  I am going to see my 16mo daughter, she moved with her mom (my ex) been too long.  cell pics and vids only go so far.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 05:44:04 PM »
Where you located bro, if you are near Louisville Ky bring the bike by my place I will look over it for you free of charge. I would not want to hear about your bike catching on fire, if you got a fuel leak I will find it. How many miles you got on the bike and more important the plugs? Maybe its time for a change, you might not be leaking fuel just not getting a good burn. Also air filter is it dirty might be time for a changeing.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Ct Chip

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 09:13:49 PM »
Between 200 + 250 all the time.
Pipe & mapping - box stock motor.

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 10:25:59 PM »
I've ran out of gas on my Busa once, that was at 210 miles of mostly twisties.
That's the only time I've ever gone over 200 miles on a tank.

I never spend enough time at a good gas-saving speed to see how much the thing might really get.

Keep in mind, this is with a corrected speedo (7.75%) 200 x .0775 = 15.5 miles, or 235.5 showing when I ran out if it were un-corrected.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 07:59:34 AM »
wow BiggerDanno thats a big difference, but then again its because of the variable error in the speedo, also the MPG calculator is wrong aswell.  and Quijinn, thanks for your offer.  I live in Houston TX so I know I am too far.  I will take a closer look at the bike and the filter.  17k+ miles on the bike, had the bike since 5172k miles and have not changed the plugs.  Is it easy to do? I will do it within 2 days if it is. I have the freaking PDF manual but its on another comp that is not with me.   can I just remove the airbox?

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 09:44:21 AM »
Yah remove the air box. Then pull the coils off the plug, there not wires like a car the coils are right on the plugs. So pull them off and set them by each plug they came off. Then use a real spark plug socket to pull the plugs. Its pretty simple and straight forward, while you are in there look for anything that might be residue of a fuel leak. Check the air filter as well if its dirty gas milage will go straight to hell.

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »
ok well false alarm.  I really checked and the residue on the plugs and stuff is oil. Oil from when I dramatically overflowed the engine.  it CLOGGED my air filter as result of bad gas mileage no?  also the oil, underpressure seem to get out any way it could lol every connection there was oil residue where it had leaked.  I am getting the CR9EIX just for the heck of it 17+ no change plugs.  See if my airbox is dirty enough

• Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
there are even solid stuff wedged in the folds of the filter too