Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Pics of Oxford Humpback tailpack and panniers  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
Pics of Oxford Humpback tailpack and panniers
« on: December 28, 2002, 06:17:00 PM »
These are the pics I took of my Oxford luggage. The pics of the tailpack and panniers are with the bags empty. The ones with just the panniers are with them full on my trip to MO.
Notice that the blue is just slightly lighter than the blue '00.

tailpack unzipped from base showing the shoulder straps for converting to backpack...very nice feature!

these are all with the tailpack not expanded. Ran out of film before I could take pics of it expanded.

Hope these work!

Offline BADZXELEVEN

• Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 07:16:00 AM »
I like the way you have that satalite mounted to your tail sectiom.
How's the reception at 180mph?  

Offline Inf Soja

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2002, 08:01:00 AM »
They look cool. Did you consider a tank bag? That's all I have right now, and I barely use it. I would love to take a road trip with at least one other person. Now that I think of it, I'd rather have the luggage behind me than in front. I tend to sit up more with the tank bag and I probably burn more gas. You don't see    many stock busas, but the ones that are run perfect. Once I changed my pipes, the $$$ mods started adding up and the problems started.

Soja
Ride at your own pace.

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2002, 05:37:00 PM »
That dish mounted to my tailsection is my super-duper fuzz sniffing radar jammer!    Actualy it is at my sister's house near Joplin, MO. It was rainy and colder than a sombitch up there and on the way home.

I decided to buy the panniers and tailpack due to personal preference, cause to me having something that big and bulky up front just looks like crap! No offence Soja, just my opinion ya' know. If you are interested, Oxford makes adapter bases that you can use to transform the tankbag to a tailpack and vice-versa. All you have to do is unzip the one base and zip on the other. I thought about getting the mag base just in case I need it for a short trip or something. I'm curious, does the tankbag come with the shoulder straps? The only difference besides that would be the "map window" if you could call it that. I can't wait till I use all three pieces on another trip. The trip to MO all I had was the panniers, but they were better than nothing.      

Offline TyGras

• New User!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 11:20:00 PM »
I have a tank bag and saddle bags. I rode to Toronto Ont from Victoria BC back in Jul 02 when I got back from the gulf. The tank bag is great you can lay on it and it will help support you weight. On the way back I picked up a Corbin 3 piece seat. It is a must for long trips. I rode one up to Toronto and two up on the way back.

Offline suzukidude

• Rider
    • http://www.streetsouljahs.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »
can't view the pix

Offline Gottabusa

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by suzukidude:
can't view the pix

Sorry! Printroom quit linking to third party websites!            
It's getting to where you can't get anything for free anymore!