Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: I want a new liter bike - tired of Same O Same O though  (Read 4809 times)

Offline mountainmotor

• Post Whore
I want a new liter bike - tired of Same O Same O though
« on: August 17, 2005, 09:19:28 AM »
I want a new liter bike but the manufacturers aren't giving us the cool stuff like they could . No doubt the inline 4 K5 Zuki is a cool SOB that can make good power but after riding nearly every version of inlines over the years I'm ready for the likes of the Honda V5 , Blata V-6 or to get to the point ..... I want this 65 degree V-4 in street trim .  :D

Imagine how easy it would be to make a forced induction plenum for one of these guys  :D

[/img]

Offline Alaska's Southern Flavor

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:36:42 AM »
That bike looks  :kickass:  :shock:
It is not so much about you owning the Bike as it is the Bike owning a part of you.

Offline Kat_man

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 07:53:02 AM »
I wonder how long it’ll take before we start seeing some Moto GP technology showing up on street bikes?

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 07:45:59 PM »
Quote from: Kat_man
I wonder how long it’ll take before we start seeing some Moto GP technology showing up on street bikes?

you don't think they pull technology from those bikes to apply to the streetbikes already?? :?
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 05:42:33 AM »

...I read somewhere that ducati is coming out with a 250HP, MotoGP spec bike sometime next year as a limited edition. The rumors are that it is going to be priced at around 30,000 Great bratain pounds!!

Offline Kat_man

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 04:39:30 PM »
Quote from: Busa for hire

you don't think they pull technology from those bikes to apply to the streetbikes already?? :?

Yeah, you're probably right.  But I was thinking more along the line of basic engine configurations, like maybe a V5 or V4.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 08:08:36 PM »
Um, Isn't someone handing everyone else their ass in MotoGP with an in line 4 cylinder 4 valver?

I've worked on a couple V4s over the years and wouldn't wish a V on anybody.  V Twins make cool street bikes, but price cams and exhaust for them.  The novelty goes away real fast.

Cost is another issue.

Be careful what you wish for.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 05:14:26 AM »
Quote from: Anonymous
Um, Isn't someone handing everyone else their ass in MotoGP with an in line 4 cylinder 4 valver?

I've worked on a couple V4s over the years and wouldn't wish a V on anybody.  V Twins make cool street bikes, but price cams and exhaust for them.  The novelty goes away real fast.

Cost is another issue.

Be careful what you wish for.

huh?

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 05:45:26 AM »
the M-1?

Offline mountainmotor

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 04:08:23 PM »
Quote from: Quasar
mountainmotor, I'm interested in Honda's V5 engine. That's an engine with some real potential. Unfortunately, Honda's probably not going to make it available to the public.

I beleive that developement of that engine is over and it will be available to engineless chassis makers soon . There are hints that Mondial will soon use it . They are still running it in MotoGP but have a different spec V-5 they are testing currently . Then come 2007 when max displacement of GP engines will be 800cc a new V-3 might be used and spun to the moon .

The shape of things to come there and it's odd . They are dropping displacement in effort to make racing more safe . Depending , the power delivery of the new engines could be like an on-off switch like GP500's of days past . It will be interesting to see how things pan out .

Offline mountainmotor

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 04:17:29 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous

And this pertains to .... what ?

The Ducati set the fastest qualifying lap at Brno . Steadily they improve the engine that was scoffed at in terms of ever being competive but just a few years back . It's honking now that for sure and the Suzuki has been reported to make over 200 crank HP .

Not bad for a 990cc engine