Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 08 Hayabusa water/air intercooler plenum  (Read 4815 times)

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
08 Hayabusa water/air intercooler plenum
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
Since im going to be having all winter long, i plan on making my own water/air intercooler plenum. What im asking for is what size of radiator core would i need to make the plenum? What size of core has everyone else used? Possibly know where i can get a core at? Also what pump does everyone else use to circulate the water from the tank with? ANY help would be greatly appreciative!
When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes DUTY! -Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
Re: 08 Hayabusa water/air intercooler plenum
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
Since im going to be having all winter long, i plan on making my own water/air intercooler plenum. What im asking for is what size of radiator core would i need to make the plenum? What size of core has everyone else used? Possibly know where i can get a core at? Also what pump does everyone else use to circulate the water from the tank with? ANY help would be greatly appreciative!
I don't think many have attempted this with success but all the luck to you. I'm sure you could buy the electric pump from RCC that everyone uses with these kits. The only other guy i have heard of that builds these plenums is Tony Finley. You can probably get in touch with him on "turbobikes.org" RCC is the only proven product that i know of that is used on the street, track and LSR. I'm not saying no one can build to the same quality or effectivness as RCC i just haven't seen or heard of it done yet. I have a ultra plenum on my bike and its a great addition to any turbo kit. Good luck
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »
 I hear the trick is to get enough cooling to be worth it, without creating excessive pressure drop. I think you have to have alot of research put into this one to get good results. Post up pics of your project, sounds like it will be cool (no pun intended...o.k. maybe it was). :D  No pressure though  :D
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
I think i have a brand new Bell intercooler core still from an past thought that we were going to make a Liq to air cooler. I will check the dimensions.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning