Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: slave support ????  (Read 2116 times)

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
slave support ????
« on: December 16, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »
First off congrats to Denis and Hank great work on the salt    . Yes I did a search on the slave support and found a lot of info. My question is that I am not sure which way the slave clyinder moves when it flexes. If I make a support that looks like a cup with two slots for lines and bolts to the two bolts that hold the slave cylinder on will this work or will it also move with the slave when it moves? Is this the reason that the one Dennis makes has one bolt on the (water pump) I think? I have the one part hub and changed some steels out 2 months ago and now its starting to slip again. I will be getting the 02 clutch parts soon also. Thanks for any help.  
01 Turbo Busa Blue & Silver (sold)
07 gsxr 1k Black & orange

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
slave support ????
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 07:35:00 PM »
anybody please. I am not trying to cut motorhead out or nothing I just have more time than money and work in a machine shop. I make what I can and buy the rest.

Offline BUSABIRD

• Apprentice Post Whore
slave support ????
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »
You're on the right track. I don't blame you a bit. I did the same thing a couple years ago.

Disengaging the clutch wants to push the slave cylinder and cover out. If you've ever seen a case that has failed you'll see it is in a natural crevace notch. Also you'll notice the excessive span between two of the bolts holding the case on.
I actually welded up mine and welded in or built up a web of reinforcement of material in that corner notch area. It did fine just doing that. It never did fail again but just in case I have since built my own support for it basically going from a couple solid independant case bolts and strapping across the slave cylinder. I've probably got about an hours time in it and a couple bucks for some longer bolts.

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
slave support ????
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »
you need to anchor off of the water pump bolt. there is also a spacer. just pay the money and buy one. Much easier IMO.    

The slave pushes out on the left side of the slave if your looking straight at the sprocket cover. You remove the left bolt from the slave and the waterpump bolt If I remember correctly.
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline TheBull350

• Post Whore
slave support ????
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »
I was confused about this too until I seen dennis slave support. I couldn't believe how wimpy the factory one was till I had the new one!! Hope these pics help ya out, This is a awsome piece of aluminum!!!

Plus it will help in the event of throwing a chain!

marcus

SOLD:2004 Blue/Silver

SOLD:2003 Silver/Grey Busa Velo stage1                                                                                                                                            M109 COMMING SOON!

Offline 01Busa

• Post Whore
slave support ????
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 11:12:00 PM »
Busabird thanks alot thats what i was looking to find out. Thebull350 that is one awsome part takes care of two problems, great pictures. Thanks for the help.  

THEMOTORHEAD

slave support ????
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 11:15:00 PM »
yup i sell em

Offline madcow

• Post Whore
slave support ????
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by MOTORHEAD:
yup i sell em

if you have this kind of stuff in stock when i get my turbo in..i am going to be brooooooooooke. good thing i am saving my pennies.

Offline lesbusa

• Rider
slave support ????
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 04:38:00 AM »
Jesus, what is that monster? I thought you were talking about the support bracket that looks like a mini preload adjuster. That's the one that I have.