Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ZX14 rotors on busa  (Read 4413 times)

Offline KSpecII

• Rider
  • Black & Blue is the fastest color
ZX14 rotors on busa
« on: March 17, 2007, 07:35:54 AM »
anyone tried? does the holes line up properly?

thought it maybe a cheap alternative to wave rotors..  :P

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
Re: ZX14 rotors on busa
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »
lol good idea ill check my buddies see if they are close enough to remove and check....

Offline KSpecII

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 03:36:10 AM »
lol good idea ill check my buddies see if they are close enough to remove and check....

thanks man! do keep us updated..

Offline midnight black man

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:30:50 AM »
zx14 is 300, busa is 320...so,even if you fit 'em, they will turn quicker at the same km, something that will result in higher temperatures...

wavy are nice to look at but worse in braking due to the fact that the braking area is less than the round ones...so...more heat again...

wave disks are mainly used in dirt where keeping the disk and pad clean is more important than keeping temperatures low...

if you punish the hell out of your brakes like i do,just put a radial master cylinder(ap racing or nissin), high pressure lines,carbon lorraine sbk 5 pads ,and you'll se the light...incredible stopping power...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:34:36 AM by midnight black man »
frankly my dear,i don't give a damn...

Offline KSpecII

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:34:33 AM »
zx14 is 300, busa is 320...so,even if you fit 'em, they will turn quicker at the same km, something that will result in higher temperatures...

wavy are nice to look at but worse in braking due to the fact that the braking area is less than the round ones...so...more heat again...

wave disks are mainly used in dirt where keeping the disk and pad clean is more important than keeping temperatures low...

if you punish the hell out of your brakes like i do,just put a radial master cylinder(ap racing or nissin),carbon lorraine sbk 5 pads ,and you'll se the light...incredible stopping power...

i always thought the 14's a 320.

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 05:36:14 AM »

if you punish the hell out of your brakes like i do,just put a radial master cylinder(ap racing or nissin),carbon lorraine sbk 5 pads ,and you'll se the light...incredible stopping power...

unfortunately 300...

Offline KSpecII

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 06:15:04 AM »

unfortunately 300...

haha.. shall go back to saving up for braking rotors then.. :lol:

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 06:23:35 AM »

unfortunately 300...

haha.. shall go back to saving up for braking rotors then.. :lol:

best thing to do.... :thumb:

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 01:07:10 PM »
I HAVE ONE HERE BUT JUST HAVNT TRIED IT YET.. MAN THE HOLES LOOK REALLY CLOSE JUST DONT KNOW HOW THE CALIPER WILL SET ON IT