Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Header heat coatings....where?!?!?  (Read 5648 times)

Header heat coatings....where?!?!?
« on: November 26, 2002, 10:26:00 PM »
I am looking for a coating that goes on the outside of header/exhaust that cuts the heat down on the outside of the pipe.I know I have seen this coating before but can't remember where. I don't want to have to use that header wrap tape!!!
Anyone know what I am talking about??

thanks bobby

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 11:14:00 PM »
We use Jet Hot.  

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 11:59:00 PM »
The coatings can only be applied to non-titanium type materials. If you have a titanium system then your only path is to use standard header wrap. I've had mine wrapped for over three years with no ill effects....
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline racedrvr

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2002, 01:26:00 PM »
I used Jet-Hot and couldn't be happier. I got the Sterling Silver color and it looks like stainless. It has held up well and is virtually scratch resistant. Their customer service was excellent.
Cost me about $135 for a USED header and midpipe plus return shipping. It was turned around in a couple of days after they received it.            

I feel the need for speed!!!
9.9 @ 145

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2002, 02:12:00 PM »
HP Coatings can evidently do titanium as they show a header assembly they did.