Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ***** Maxton Event News *****  (Read 23057 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
***** Maxton Event News *****
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:19:07 PM »
Alright everyone, start posting results and nobody gets hurt  :vl:

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
Re: ***** Maxton Event News *****
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 03:50:55 AM »
well :?:

Offline Racetrack14

• Post Whore
  • First Father Daughter Team to Join the 200MPH Club
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 06:47:19 AM »
Still waiting on updates - Please.............

Racetrack14

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
talked to dans wife and she said there was a large turnout on saturday. chad made 1 pass on the kws 1000 and went 204. it sounded like all they could get was 3 passes on saturday. dan made a couple passes at i believe 194.
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 09:21:33 PM »
Just rolled in and don't have much to update......sorry.
For the first time in 6 years of going to Maxton I don't even know what everyone ran due to the crowd.
They used the return road for the line up and let about 10 vehicles go thru at a time to the starting area, I bet the line went back a half mile toward the pits. With 3 hour waits between runs there was no luxury of facilities ( toilets, water, etc.) to hold you over 'til the starting area.
With no radio around there was not a way of keeping track of the runs. In two days I made a total of six passes with a best of 193, 10mph off my best there. My old bike with 29,000 miles is like me.......kinda tired.
Chad rode the GSXR1000 that is in this months Motorcyclist that Don Smith built with the help of KWS. First pass was 201 then 3 more at 204. Although it's not the fastest bike he's rode there, he said it's the most fun.

After a long winter and everyone wanting to make the first meet while it's reasonably cool, it's just too crowded with the Hot Rod Shoot-Out.
Good to meet some folks I didn't know. All in all..........still glad I went!
Dan

Offline shiphteeey

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »
188.9 mph 1350cc fuel class naked.

A.
Fastest ZX-12R in the USA:
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville
203 mph at Maxton naked
193.9 mph @ the 9/10
200.28 mph @ TX Mile

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »

A.

Ali,

188 with Nitrous or just in a fuel class with an easy record??  What did you run on motor only without the juice?

I heard it was way busy there..

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 11:18:39 PM »
At the end of the meet I was able to get 7 runs in. My top speed was 187.926 mph. I did a sprocket change and was waiting to do one more run to try to break 190 but they called the meet due to oil sprayed on the track. (It would have taken until past closing time to clean the track so they just called it a day). I was ready for more but feel good leaving the meet knowing that, even if I didn't get a chance to do it. It just leaves something for me to do next meet!

Like the others said the lines were long, I waited 2-3 hours between each run all weekend. It was difficult to know more then what went on with the 20 people around you in the lanes. Not to mention if you managed to pull off a port-a-potty visit you'd return to find the lines had moved and you had to figure out in what position you had to return! I was there but I'm waiting to read on the internet what actually went down. Well, other then Walt's kick ass run!!!! That one wasn't to be missed!  :thumb:

BTW, my Cycle-tek shifter worked flawlessly!!! Impressed a lot of folks on the line! (Thanks for making me look like I can actually shift with percision! :lol: )

Deb (#1302)

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 03:42:11 AM »
 :thumb:

Offline EXTREMEFUN1300

• Cycle Tek
  • Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • www.cycle-tek.com
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:33 AM »
KICK ASS DEB!!!!!!!  I'm super pumped everything worked well for you, most of all you returned safe  :thumb:
Congrats on the run, you're really flying!  Did Todd run too?

Matt

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:19:13 AM »
Well a few people may be wondering what happened. Ran my first run after waiting about 3 hrs in line. Did a test run in the  190's, and the bike felt great, but got sprayed with coolant at the 3/4 mark. Went to the pits could not find the leak coming from any hose. Filled the coolant back up and went back in line. The next run at I was at the 3/4 mark, blew coolant all over again, couldn't see after that due to coolant on my shield and windshield, so started shutting the bike down early before the Timing lights. Got to the pits, and the GPS read max speed 214mph, but only went in the 190's through the traps, run felt great so disappointed.
Congrats Walter on the new record....will be back in May......Trillium
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 08:35:26 PM by nickelcityracing »
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »
Thanks Trillium, sorry about your trouble with the head gasket.  Glad to hear you and Jody will be back in May.  Always a pleasure to see you two.

It seemed like I ended up in line near Deb all weekend, and I really enjoyed her and Todd's company.  Deb's enthusiasm is infectious.  We were all pulling for her.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard, DaveO, Rick

Offline shiphteeey

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »

A.

Ali,

188 with Nitrous or just in a fuel class with an easy record??  What did you run on motor only without the juice?

I heard it was way busy there..

J

Hey John,

I usually spray the 40 shot.  The fuel and gas class had the same MPH and the MPH ran in the Fuel class was run n/a I believe.  I have a little bit more in it....I was kinda "in between" teeth gearing-wise  :? if you know what I mean.

I have a newfound respect for naked riders....especially those that go over 200 mph  :thumb:  It was violent but a good violent!   :twisted:
Fastest ZX-12R in the USA:
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville
203 mph at Maxton naked
193.9 mph @ the 9/10
200.28 mph @ TX Mile

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 07:07:44 PM »
Thanks Trillium, sorry about your trouble with the head gasket.  Glad to hear you and Jody will be back in May.  Always a pleasure to see you two.

It seemed like I ended up in line near Deb all weekend, and I really enjoyed her and Todd's company.  Deb's enthusiasm is infectious.  We were all pulling for her.

Walt

Glad to hear you kicked and took Walt.  I sure hope you weren't wearing those same ragedy assed shorts I saw you wearing in one of the pictures from a past event.  :wink:
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile