Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: suzuki oil????  (Read 33007 times)

Offline Endless1000

• Rider
suzuki oil????
« on: April 28, 2007, 12:49:15 PM »
I just went to the new suzuki shop in my town an picked up sum oil they only had to kinds of oil

the 1st one said 4 cycle suzuki motorcycle oil 20-40w

the other said 4 cycle ATV suzuki oil 10w-40

I got the 10-40w atv oil but is there a reason why it says atv oil on it???an i can still use it on my bike right???
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:18:24 PM by Endless1000 »
97'Civic DD 38mpg!!!
04'Gixxer1000 Long Low N Loud

Offline dragosbikeworks

• Rider
Re: suzuki oil????
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »
Hello,

Yes you can use it I run castrol 10w-40 in my busa and it make 300hp I also run it in all my customers bikes. Just lok at the back of the bottle if the letters are higher then what your bike wants that is good to use. :lol:
Drago's Bike Works

Offline MREDDIEB

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • "U can't just stop, U have 2 slow down 1st"
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »
that castrol 10w-40 is motorcycle oil or car oil. I'm no mechanic(not joking) but I thought you had to use motorcycle specific oil because it lubes the the tranny and motor oppose to a car's lubricates being separate?
\"Do you know why I pulled you over?\" Md State Trooper

Even the best bike is only as good as it's operator.
"You can explain it to the judge." Va State Trooper

Offline NCR Motorsports

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 11:02:03 PM »
We always use the standard Mobil MXT oil....
1995 Mustang Drag Radial car
Stock Suspension 363ci
Thanks to Vortech Superchargers
Midwest Chassis and Performance
VP Racing Fuels

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »
that castrol 10w-40 is motorcycle oil or car oil. I'm no mechanic(not joking) but I thought you had to use motorcycle specific oil because it lubes the the tranny and motor oppose to a car's lubricates being separate?
I always use the walmart Mobil 1 car synthetic with no issues, we have 2 08s running this oil right now with good results. also used it in my zx14 last year with no issues.
2008 Busa

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 09:34:11 AM »
I just came across this post, and I know some guys are religious in that suz oil in a suz, Honda in Honda, Harley in Harley,  what I have found with Harley's is they don't really care as long as it's a good oil, don't seem to matter weather for cars or bike specific, on my old Honda and the Busa motor wise they prefer 20-50 over 10-40 especially in hot weather, but I don't know why as they all seem to have simalar specs, but some oils cause clutch slippage in boosted or nitrous bikes even with clutch mods
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 09:45:43 AM »
I just came across this post, and I know some guys are religious in that suz oil in a suz, Honda in Honda, Harley in Harley,  what I have found with Harley's is they don't really care as long as it's a good oil, don't seem to matter weather for cars or bike specific, on my old Honda and the Busa motor wise they prefer 20-50 over 10-40 especially in hot weather, but I don't know why as they all seem to have simalar specs, but some oils cause clutch slippage in boosted or nitrous bikes even with clutch mods

What type of oils might you be talking about? 

Kind of a baited question, I know, and I likely agree with you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:47:17 AM by EtrnlSoldier »
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
I just came across this post, and I know some guys are religious in that suz oil in a suz, Honda in Honda, Harley in Harley,  what I have found with Harley's is they don't really care as long as it's a good oil, don't seem to matter weather for cars or bike specific, on my old Honda and the Busa motor wise they prefer 20-50 over 10-40 especially in hot weather, but I don't know why as they all seem to have similar specs, but some oils cause clutch slippage in boosted or nitrous bikes even with clutch mods

What type of oils might you be talking about? 

Kind of a baited question, I know, and I likely agree with you.
First before I get started I DO NOT want to start another oil debate that takes up a dozen pages...... What I know with my own bike even new, before turbo every now and then it would act weird like jumping or slipping momentarily only under a hard pull in no particular gear this is with the recamended 10w40 suz oil but it would not do this all the time and really not enough to worry about, installed and tune stage1 turbo, problem got worse put in HD clutch springs worked OK but wanted to run 20-50 to deal with the turbo heat a little better used Motul 20-50 worked OK tried a diesel oil we have at work no clutch problem but trans shifted funny, a bud works at pep boys he said they had some 20-50 castrol motorcycle oil tryed that made cltuch start slipping again, went to suz dealer they had 20-50 oil but it was some old stock had not used in a while tryed it, this was the worst oil I ever had in the bike, went to wally world they had 15-50 Mobile 1 I have used this in race car with so-so results lost to much oil pres when hot, anyways put this in bike clutch worked fine no trans issues, but as you see I change my oil a lot and I was not paying $9+ dollars a qt for oil there ia a Honda shop a couple of lots down from my shop and one day I was relaying all this shit about oil and one of the guy thats be there forever ( i think he was born before dirt) told me to try the Honda 20-50 they also have Suz but he still said use this Honda oil, I have ben using the Honda oil for the last year with no clutch or trans issues whatsoever, I have always advocated that oil was oil and still for the most part it is, I never did try the 15-50 Suz synthetic it was as much as the Mobil 1....I realize if I went with a stronger clutch or maybe a lockup this may not have be a issue,  and before anybody comes back and says, gee you pissed a lot of oil away, not true, most of the oil I drained out of the bike I used in my car, truck, moms car, and lawnmower, if it still looked real good I used it in the Harley,  and I DONT WANT TO HEAR STUFF ABOUT THE HARLEY
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »
Haha.  Cool Dave.  You'll get no guff from me.  I also use the Honda 20-50 GN4 non synthetic, with zero issues in anything. 

To each their own.
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »
Thats the same I'v ben useing for the last year and the last oil change the Harley got it also.   and the Harley comment WAS NOT directed toward you at all

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 01:08:06 PM »
in the end just find something that works for u.. i have been using mobil one synthetic for a bout 20000 miles on my 2002 busa and not problems.. track, street and riden hard. took everything apart this past winter and everything looked brand new. so i will stay with it and use it on my 2008. MOBIL ONE WORKS FOR ME.(15 W 50 FULL SYNTHETIC)
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
Did not have a problem with Mobil 1 just a bunch of money and I agree that synthetic is a better choice for oil but like I said I like to keep my oil clean and the M1 is to pricey

Offline 071300r

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 05:37:33 AM »
bobstheoilguy.com

oil is oil as lond as its not energy conservitive. I read a bit and have been using shell rotella full synthetic,  for over 5 years.... no problems at all internals look great, no slippage of the clutch and I bought my 2007 busa new in july of 2007 and have put 21000 miles on her so far.....

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
bobstheoilguy.com

oil is oil as lond as its not energy conservitive. I read a bit and have been using shell rotella full synthetic,  for over 5 years.... no problems at all internals look great, no slippage of the clutch and I bought my 2007 busa new in july of 2007 and have put 21000 miles on her so far.....
Dam dude are trolling old posts ? all I will say on this oil stuff is the castrol motorcycle oil make my clutch slip, so does the suz 10-40, also the rotella, and a couple of others I have forgot the onlt two I have used with no clutch trouble is the Mobil 1 and Honda 20-50

Offline 071300r

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »
I am trolling, bro think ----- you responded, at least I put a web site down for info, as far as the rotela making the clutch slip, don't see why it would there is more ash in that oil then all out there. Read up on some facts then comment, I have had rotella in my 07 busa my 04 raven R1, my 01honda 1000, and a honda 919, and a yamaha fz1, never had it slip 1 time!

Offline Big Coop

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »
Castrol Act-Evo 20-50. :thumb:
BigCoop

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
I am trolling, bro think ----- you responded, at least I put a web site down for info, as far as the rotela making the clutch slip, don't see why it would there is more ash in that oil then all out there. Read up on some facts then comment, I have had rotella in my 07 busa my 04 raven R1, my 01honda 1000, and a honda 919, and a yamaha fz1, never had it slip 1 time!
Mine did not slip ether untill I put the Turbo on, and I have the HD springs, but still the clutch got fussy, when it was stock it did not seem to bother what oil was in it

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 11:36:15 AM »
Mine did not slip ether untill I put the Turbo on, and I have the HD springs, but still the clutch got fussy, when it was stock it did not seem to bother what oil was in it

Might not be the oil causing the problem.
1 piece or 2 piece hub?  Better be 1 piece with a turbo. 

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 12:55:58 PM »
Walmart Super Tech :thumb: :thumb:
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
Mobil 1 gold cap fully synthetic 15w50 w/turbo application all us turbo guys in indy run it