Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Great Flood of 2007  (Read 1192 times)

Offline runandgun7

• Restricted
  • Rider
Great Flood of 2007
« on: July 11, 2007, 08:10:15 AM »
Do you think the market is starting to be flooded with used busas because of the new 2008. Im starting to see more and more coming up for sale since the 2008's arrival.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: Great Flood of 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:59 AM »
We havent seen a flood of used Busas on the market here yet, maybe we shall`nt?

Some bikers over here have a belief that new bike models have development glitches or bugs in them that that arent sorted untill a year or two after
launch, so some guys will not buy the new Busa immediatley for that reason.
Remember the ZX12 ? Early Busa recalls ?
Do`nt forget the current bike has been around 8 years now and has a very loyal following. Money is tight here so I do`nt think people will be dropping
their Busas quickly

The Busa engine is very popular over here with the kit car and privateer race car builders, so I do`nt see used Busa values dropping hugely here in the UK ?

I am going to hang fire until I see one in-the-flesh before making any decision  :wink:
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 11:50:32 AM »
The Busa as it is is damn near bullet proof . I'm good until 2010 ...ish .

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:04:46 PM »
I'm waiting to see it in person and pick my color.  I think orange/black. 

Since I want to pay off a car first, I'll probably wait til next spring to buy.  Plus it will give time for the first owners to report back on it, get ZX-14/old Busa Comparos, and let the "brand new" dealer premium go bye-bye...

Mostly though, its because I want to pay off a car first...  :D
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    
2008 Custom RCC Turbo Busa (SOLD)
2005 Red/Black  Stock  (SOLD).
2013 BMW X1:  Dinan tuned (DD Cage)

Offline JohnnyRocketBusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 06:33:57 PM »
I dont think the Hayabusa will be subject to this kind of situation the old vs new and every one jumps to get a new, no I dont think so because the old one is that good and is Less Complicated to Turbo, Nos, Power Command, etc, and CHEEPER to Mod because of it's Less Complicated E.C.U.
And it looks as though the New Busa may have several interchangable parts with the Old Busa, which makes everything so much sweeter for those who own the Old Style Busa, you get to pick & choose what new parts you like & want to get for your Old Bike.