Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: yoshi stage 1 vs stock intake cam mod....  (Read 3568 times)

Offline AZIROC

• Rider
yoshi stage 1 vs stock intake cam mod....
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:39:58 AM »
whats the HP difference?    trying to figure out if i wanna drop the sub $100 for 1 intake cam.. or if i should do the Yoshi cams... but not sure if its worth the huge price difference. 

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Re: yoshi stage 1 vs stock intake cam mod....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:51:02 AM »
I dont know the horspower difference, but the yosh cams pull alot harder.  You can feel the difference.  The biggest advantage is that you dont have to pull the engine to put the yosh cams in.  If you put the 2 intake cams in, you have to pull the engine to degree the exhaust cam.  You still have to buy the adjustable sprockets for both intake cams as well.  I've seen those for 100.00 a pop.  You can find aa deal on them if you look.  Ive done both mods before.  I would just go with the yosh's.  Just my opinion though.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »
You don't have to drop the motor to degree the cams.

Two intake cams will be within 5RWHP of two aftermarket cams.  You could put your intake cam on the exhaust side and buy one of Brock's custom grinds for the intake side and save some money going that way.  I had a set of aftermarket Webb cams on my bike and wish I would have just gone with two intake cams and saved the money, to me it wasn't worth it in the end.  Just ask yourself how much each little HP is worth to you and decide from there.  You can pick up an intake cam anywhere from $50 to $100 on here.  A set of Yosh cams is going to run between $400 and $550, your call.

Offline Quasar

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 05:24:58 PM »
In my opinion, cams aren't worth their cost unless you're also going with greater displacement and/or higher compression pistons as well. Yes, it raises the cost, but the overall improvement in performance makes it worth the additional cost involved. Cams by themselves are somewhat disappointing for their cost. The bigger the HP/torque difference that you can actually feel, the more ANY money spent on over all performance feels worthy of its cost.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:07:11 AM »
I agree, when I picket up my bike it showed 13RWHP more than when I dropped it off but whenI rode it I didn't feel a huge difference in power.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 09:21:24 PM »
You still have to buy the sprockets for the 2 cams.  You have to add that into the cost