Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ATTN!! 2008 BUSA..NEWS! **update new pic**  (Read 78192 times)

Offline Soprano

• Rider
  • Once you're in this family, there's no getting out
Re: ATTN!! 2008 BUSA..NEWS!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:47 AM »
Don't they have a ZX-14 site to play on? 

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 10:37:30 AM »
hope it doesn't have those ugly ass tail scoops  :x

I am not feeling those scoops either  :cry: :grn:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:31:46 PM by tinmann8 »

Offline Soprano

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:57 AM »
I'm not feeling those either.  Also.  Why the signals on the mirrors?  Did they make the fairings more narrow?  Are the ram air intakes larger?  I understood the mirrors to eliminate the Frankensteins.... But they're not exactly attractive IMO.  I know it's not speed related, but if I didn't care about the looks I prolly would have bought the ZX-14 instead of my Busa to have the fastest thing out at the time I bought it.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007, 10:52:16 AM »
I like the turn signals in the mirrors, I also think they would be easier to see.  The scoops don't get me excited but i don't think they are terrible either.  Looks like the same exact headlight with two small pieces added onto it.  Who knows, I'm sure it'll look better in person though.

Offline Soprano

• Rider
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »
I guess you're right on being easier to see.  And from a manufacturer and dealers standpoint they only have to inventory one mirror style for production and in the parts room at the dealership.  Anything to cut costs is a plus I guess if it doesn't take away from quality or performance.  Although we may vary a little on opinions of style you know what opinions are like right?  I can't say I dislike them so much that I wouldn't buy the bike because of them.  I would just prefer the existing style I guess.

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 11:42:09 AM »

Ha ha, you fucking morons.

wow, an extra 40ccs, same frame, same engine. I am impressed.  NOT!

:bigfu:

For someone who supposedly hates Busas you sure are here an awful lot. :lol:

He's a POS troll. 
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »
He is a transsexual or a cross dresser  he rides a kawasaki buts wants a suzuki

Offline Busacraver

• Post Master
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »
Who cares which bike has 1 or 2 more whp then the other.  I bought my busa because it was fast to ME fit ME and the looks were in MY department.  I'm not gonna buy a bike because someone on sportsrider went 9's on it stock.  Nobody is going to keep anything stock anyway and everyone will run their bike to their capabilities.  Don't liike the mirrors, change it, don't like the hp, mod it, don't like the 14, buy a busa.  It's really simple. 

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 12:32:29 PM »
I not saying this is not true about the New bike. But I rather wait to untill Wenesday when we are sure, For all we know it could be a 1400 cc motor.
Why would they only bump it 30cc? What will they call it? The New Hayabusa 1330? Then the motor has to be more high strung then the ZX-14. I said it before, And I will say it again, Suzuki is known for Big Bore Mild tune engines. Which is easy to pass the New Euro EPA, A tuned up 1330 busa, or a 1400 or more Mild tune? And why would Suzuki let people/ dealers in a few days before the Grand show?
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
  • I do what the voices tell me to...sometimes..what?
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »
there is actuall no 1300 decal on the bike...just hayabusa  :thumb: the scoops may be a bit smaller and the hump been changed too
Damn you must be fast... cause you were haulin ass when i passed you!

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »
i hope your right revalot!

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
  • I do what the voices tell me to...sometimes..what?
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 02:04:06 PM »
i hope your right revalot!
he's not...trust me its a 1340cc bike...and i'll take any bet on that right now! i need some cash anyway  :lol: and american suzuki has their own meeting before the dealers get to look at them.
Damn you must be fast... cause you were haulin ass when i passed you!

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »
If this is it, then there may be more than meets the eye.  With the front signals out of the cowl, there are aerodynamic gains to be had (I would suspect).  Likewise, the scoops in the tail may help to bring the air coming from your legs and ass back into laminar flow to the tail (by flowing along the outside of the scoops).  This is definately worth a few MPH, even on a stock machine at speed.  JMTC.   8)
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ply500cid/
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »
"cheese and rice"  is anybody else as tired as i am with  1300hemibusa and his comments?  i don't doubt his scootay is as quick as he says but i have never seen a 14 with the same mods go as quick. he must be one of the few and/or a flyweight. and i am so tired of his constant defense of the 14 i'd like to give him a new name. anyone remember phantom12 and his tireless defense of the zx12? i'd like to start calling him phantom1352hemininja but i guess i shouldn't cause i always lose in a bar fight. anyway, just stating an opinion. let the comments roll on.
Hey ..lol... the difference between me and PH12 is that he is an ass hole  and i'm a nice guy ..Unlike PH12 i like Busa ... I had a 99 and a 05 and was hoping for a 2008 with Big HP ...I don't have a brand stamped on my arm, i like all of them ...In 37 years of riding i have owned more Zooks than anything else...The fact that Some of the guys on this site have bad info on the zx14 is why i post about mine ...Many many busa owners on this very site have made the switch and they have told you the same things about the zx14 as i have .... :thumb:
2012 ZX14R   Best ET 8.42  @  163.95
  Stock motor on 89 pump gas ..

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »
i wondered how long it was gonna take Queersome Kawasucki to chime in with his broad drama....

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline gsteve1

• Rider
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2007, 02:38:33 PM »
   Im not loyal at all.   Id buy a R14 if they ever made one.  The new zx14 is faster and better than the old busa.  Its also homely and forgetable.   The new busa wont be much faster than the 14 , if any.  It will be splitting hairs to pick which one is the performance king.  BUTTTTT.... the busa is and will be dead sexy . :thumb:

formerly gsteve
04 blk/blu
yosh cams , hindle pipe , dave's ecm
and a many extras... never enuff
"  Its not done till its overdone"

Offline nitrod86gt

• Post Master
  • Did I say that out loud? Oh god, did they hear me?
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
I think its funny how all of you guys keep going back and forth about a bike that no ones even RIDDEN yet....how can you Kawi guys say that it barely matches the 14?? seen any performance numbers yet? NO....same thing for the Busa guys though...cant really say its going to anihilate the 14 when again no ones thrown a leg over it...your looking at a possible pic talking about theoritcal numbers...the answer to this battle will not come for a few months so you guys keep on argueing...if you guys are wanting more power and a smaller, lighter ride, buy a 1K :)

2003 GSX-R1000. Velocity Racing Stge 1 Turbo Kit, Aquamist 1s water injection, Motor by Cooper Performance, PVM magnesium wheels, Ohlins suspension, Racefit

Offline First Born

• Rider
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »
Don't they have a ZX-14 site to play on? 
misery loves company brother! thats all..........Hell even Ricky Gee knows what that turbo busa did to that ass! So let them hate bro theyre just happy they finally can compete with 8 yr old engineering! :P

Offline First Born

• Rider
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
i wondered how long it was gonna take Queersome Kawasucki to chime in with his broad drama....
I was wondering the same thing lmao! He may died of shock when he got the news about the busa! lol ! he doesnt have the fortitude of wet tp! so he changed his handle and got flushed hahahah! jmtc! :P

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2007, 05:55:51 PM »
Personally I'm a little disappointed by the news its going to be a 1340 cc engine . I was hoping for at least a 1363 . Or even a real 1400 (1397 out of the friggin box ). I really am not a fan of the turn signals in the mirrors . I wonder how much it's going to cost to replace those after a tip over . Now keeping my 04 and getting this is looking more attractive :  210 HP 3300 Hayabusa Package

We've taken our 200 horsepower Street Busa package and tweaked it for another
5% horsepower gain. Like the 200 hp package, the 210 hp package utilizes
the renowned Carpenter Racing 5-axis CNC head porting.

The 210 hp Busa package features:

* Hotter intake cam shaft than the 200 hp package
    * Custom valve springs
    * Additional porting to match new cam lift

This package records 210 rear-wheel horsepower at 111 ft lbs of torque
with stock pistons and stock valves!

Using this package Steve Jester has gone 8.83 @ 159.90 mph on motor
with DOT rubber and 60" wheelbase!

Complete with Clutch Fix, Air Box Mod and Power Scoops installed

Price complete $3,300
Turn-key: Drive-in, drive-out

AND .....We are not talking 210 HP at the crank either . Best to wait and see the real deal . We have all been thru this for the last couple of years with the rumors of a new Hayabusa . Two more days and the truth will be known. No more internet photo chops . Real photos.....Damnit

You might say that a turbo kit only cost another grand , BUT....then your not taking in to consideration the install , and tweaking on the dyno .

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2007, 06:17:29 PM »
Personally I'm a little disappointed by the news its going to be a 1340 cc engine . I was hoping for at least a 1363 . Or even a real 1400 (1397 out of the friggin box ). I really am not a fan of the turn signals in the mirrors . I wonder how much it's going to cost to replace those after a tip over . Now keeping my 04 and getting this is looking more attractive :  210 HP 3300 Hayabusa Package

* Custom valve springs

Price complete $3,300

AND .....We are not talking 210 HP at the crank either . Best to wait and see the real deal . We have all been thru this for the last couple of years with the rumors of a new Hayabusa . Two more days and the truth will be known. No more internet photo chops . Real photos.....Damnit

You might say that a turbo kit only cost another grand , BUT....then your not taking in to consideration the install , and tweaking on the dyno .

From what i've been reading I'll be dissapointed!

Offline Tybalt71

• Restricted
  • Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2007, 07:56:38 PM »

* Custom valve springs

Price complete $3,300

Is it just me or does this sound like a shameless plug? lol   "this can be all yours for ........  while supplies last " lol

Offline fstbusa

• Mad Post Whore
  • g0t B00st?
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2007, 08:01:16 PM »

thats was all included in the price when I bought it from dennis
03 40th Ann. Ghetto Busa

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »
anyone like to take a guess at where the xtra 40cc comes from?????..longer stroke or bigger bore??? :lol:

taking guesses :?:

and will the rev limit be raised to gain the xtra ponies
1 Fast Hayabusa N/A 217.443mph so far

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ply500cid/
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »
anyone like to take a guess at where the xtra 40cc comes from?????..longer stroke or bigger bore??? :lol:

taking guesses :?:

and will the rev limit be raised to gain the xtra ponies
I would guess bore size ....Much cheaper and easier than a stroker...
2012 ZX14R   Best ET 8.42  @  163.95
  Stock motor on 89 pump gas ..