Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Who's the fastest now?  (Read 8876 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
Who's the fastest now?
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:26:06 PM »
 I haven't kept up. Who is the fastest now? Who is faster than the fastest but just hasn't prooved it yet?
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
Re: Who's the fastest now?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:54:15 PM »
Chris Carr, 350.884 mph.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:58:49 PM »
Chris Carr, 350.884 mph.
Actually Sam Wheeler ran 355+, Chris ran 354+ and Rocky Robinson with the twin busa engined (Ack Attack) ran 347+ mph...congrats to all!

I think Rocky will be the fastest in 07.... :bah: :thumb:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:51:01 PM »
Sure, but officially Carr is the fastest. I went 400+ the last time I flew to LA :D

Offline John Noonan

• Restricted
  • Rider
  • What's up...
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 05:05:40 PM »
Sure, but officially Carr is the fastest. I went 400+ the last time I flew to LA :D

Dean,

"Officially" meaning the fastest timed motorcycle in history belongs to Sam Wheeler with a measured AVERAGE speed for a mile of over 355mph... :thumb:

Chris Carr has the fastest "official" absolute record for a streamliner two wheeler. :thumb:

Kind of like I have the FIM world record for any open wheel MC at a two way speed of 250+ however one way I was timed over 259.800mph and a Busa was timed at over 264.5mph in Europe however he is faster and I have the record..

Chris and I hold the FIM records however others have been timed faster than us. :x

When I went to Australia to run my old Busa on the salt there in 06 I had a GPS of 574mph while flying over in the plane..... 8)

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »
I understand, the sanctioning bodies require runs in opposing directions, or it's not 'the fastest'. I would LOVE to see Sam Wheeler go faster, with his ZX11 based machine, sucks he didn't get the chance.  If one way counted, then the UK run and Shierts/Yancy would be fastest open wheel, right? I'm not being a smartass, your track records speaks for itself.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 08:08:11 PM »
I understand, the sanctioning bodies require runs in opposing directions, or it's not 'the fastest'. I would LOVE to see Sam Wheeler go faster, with his ZX11 based machine, sucks he didn't get the chance.  If one way counted, then the UK run and Shierts/Yancy would be fastest open wheel, right? I'm not being a smartass, your track records speaks for itself.

Dean,

Yes you are correct, other's have been faster however some do not have records (even one way) Lee has the fastest record ever for an open wheel motorcycle :thumb:

That bike with a rider Lee's size at a flat/straight venue on pavement would go over 265!  This person would also have to have Lee's talent :thumb:

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »
Noonan missed his chance to go really fast in OZ......some one was playing mind games with the rain gods.......Global warming is geat for 51 weeks of the year :thumb:

Come to think of it , if he did go really fast we'd never hear the end of it  :wink:
1 Fast Hayabusa N/A 217.443mph so far

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »
Is pushing a bike that fast like doing a burnout on wet pavement and not letting up until you're at top speed? What does it feel like past 200? Does the back end want to wash out? How does one make the rear tire not spin? 
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Pete

• Post Master
  • a.k.a 'Geri'
    • Pete's turbo build
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 02:13:28 AM »
Don't need or want burnouts. Stopping the rear spinning is the big trick - getting your weight distribution and power levels right for the grip. The bikes generally become more stable at speed on a smooth surface - very hard to change direction.

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 05:33:46 AM »
Trying to stay in the centre of the track tends to pre- occupy ones concerntration too.......a 3mph or 5mph cross wind has huge effects at high speed.

oh yer its kinda fun to actually be able to run 5 or 6miles WOT at over 200mph and just a little bit in my case................not many places in the world you can do that I'd expect :D

One day it would be great to do 250mph...thats a big hurdle

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 10:28:22 AM »
Are all the 250 mph+ bikes making 500+ hp?

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 11:53:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure SPEEDKING has posted a few years ago that 450hp is good enough

you can do the calcs to see if thats in the ball park

Offline RZ350

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 11:48:20 PM »
404 HP will get you at around 242 MPH, depending on the rider,wheel bearing condition, etc.... ;)

I'm coming back, with less coefficient of drag, but a bit less power to start.... ;)
1650CC APS-BG  record, 236.814 MPH at Bonneville.

242 MPH GPS

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 06:05:03 PM »
I'm coming back, with less coefficient of drag, but a bit less power to start.... ;)

See you in September.
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »
Guy I think RZ is referring to racing at Bonneville..    I would love to see him down at maxton some time though..  Much closer for him as well. 

either way..  See you guys in sept..  gonna bring the new ride out and see wether it runs or blows..   :lol: :thumb:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:05:34 PM by FastGixx »

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 07:22:00 AM »
gonna bring the new ride out and see wether it runs or blows..   :lol: :thumb:

Me too.  Motors are done, New nitrous system installed, I'll finish the tune-ups later this month.  It has been crazy here around the Tiger Racing Laboratories but the "Tiger" is now complete.  I put some street gears on her, maybe I'll get a few rides in this summer.  I'm so tired at looking at this thing on the rack every day.  New air shifter mounting system and controls took some doing, but when you see it, you'll want it too.  Using the big Bimba, no more missed high end shifts this time.

Cya you then,

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »
Looking forward to seeing your bike in action Guy, congrats.

I read a post recently that the FIM allows nitrous in their normally-aspirated classes, did you ever consider going to a BUB meet?

Dean

Offline John Noonan

• Restricted
  • Rider
  • What's up...
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »
Looking forward to seeing your bike in action Guy, congrats.

I read a post recently that the FIM allows nitrous in their normally-aspirated classes, did you ever consider going to a BUB meet?

Dean

Speaking for Guy and on "Behalf" of the Tiger, that bike will not see Salt, Guy cringed when I mentioned it might have to sit outside at my house :bah: as I did not have room in the Garage at the time...he then took possesion so that the Tiger would not ever be left alone out in the cold... 8)

John

PS.  That bike is spotless!!!

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 02:35:33 PM »
 :kickass:
What he said.  My wife thnks I'm nuts for waxing a bike 3 times now that has never left the lift.

Yes, John is correct, the "Tiger" will never see the salt.  But that doesn't mean I would never come to the salt, just not on this bike.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »
hey the wax could be worth a mph rght?   :D

Offline bluesilver

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 04:31:46 AM »
Noonan missed his chance to go really fast in OZ......some one was playing mind games with the rain gods.......Global warming is geat for 51 weeks of the year :thumb:

Come to think of it , if he did go really fast we'd never hear the end of it  :wink:

Where and when do they do these runs here in OZ?  Do they do these at lake gardner?
I wolud be interested to come along to one of these to see what it is all about.
I take it that they probly only run them 1 or 2 time a year here though.

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 03:10:59 PM »
Troy...Guy...you guys coming to Bonneville..?

hope to see you both..!

Bluesilver....go to www.landracing.com......click on DLRA stuff
to see the schedule/past pics/results etc from lake Gairdner.......

Joe :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 03:14:52 PM by joea »
ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 06:02:55 AM »

Where and when do they do these runs here in OZ?  Do they do these at lake gardner?
I wolud be interested to come along to one of these to see what it is all about.
I take it that they probly only run them 1 or 2 time a year here though.

anything you need to know about lake Gairdner or want to know give me a buzz Im the chief motorcycle steward
cheers
gary
the more I learn the less I know

Offline bluesilver

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »
Thanks,  I am just trying to find out when they are held?
Also is there a site for the Lake?

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 11:02:56 PM »
Its held in March of each year..well if it doesnt rain that is...then you have to wait another year :D

http://www.dlra.org.au/lgairdner.htm