Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: fade between 2000 and 2008 busa differences!!!!  (Read 6743 times)

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
Re: fade between 2000 and 2008 busa differences!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 04:03:03 PM »
Pretty cool. Gives an idea on body lines.
YEAH, IT'S STOCK. :trb:

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »
 :thumb: Thats a pretty cool effect. I curious to know how the fairings come off now .
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 04:13:42 PM by tinmann8 »

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 06:31:01 PM »
Cool

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 04:39:23 AM »
The Tank doesn't look any lower in those pictures...   :roll:
I wonder how much lower it really is without sacrificing Fuel Capacity???

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline busa 2002

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 09:31:53 AM »
it looks like you could use standard tail if you want.its slightly longer from the new rear tail.and just slightly taller wind screen

Offline m3bimmer

• Rider
  • 2004 LE
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 11:12:24 AM »
What a good special effect, but is there any way to slow the fade effect down a bit?

Offline reaper0995

• Post Master
    • my turbo project
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »
The Tank doesn't look any lower in those pictures...   :roll:
I wonder how much lower it really is without sacrificing Fuel Capacity???

i think it was just the front were the helmet goes that is lower.  it kinda looks lower in the fade thing, but i think that there is a dip in the tank (cant see in side profile)....

not really a way to slow it down... i didnt save the file i used to make it, so it would be kinda hard to go back now (would have to redo the re-sizing and such). 

Offline reaper0995

• Post Master
    • my turbo project
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »
and i think from the way it looks i may have to snag myself a 2008 tail since no-one wants them.  i kinda like them, but it will need a touch of work to get my final approval.  i think that covering part of the rear light up will really improve the looks :thumb:  and maybe making some CF covers for the side light things.

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 09:46:17 AM »
 :thumb:

Offline busa4speed

• Restricted
  • Post Whore
  • Cincinnati, Zone 15
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »
Very nice  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »
It's starting to look like a catana.  Looks like the rear caliper hanger got moved to the top.  I like that.  I can't see any difference in the front brakes.
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline luvfastbkes

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 04:41:09 PM »
It's starting to look like a catana.  Looks like the rear caliper hanger got moved to the top.  I like that.  I can't see any difference in the front brakes.

front brakes went to radial (same as gixxer 1k, 6, & 7)

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 04:51:12 PM »

front brakes went to radial (same as gixxer 1k, 6, & 7)

I knew that from the specs, just can't quite see the difference in this picture.  I'm still not certain that I even know the difference.   8)
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline reaper0995

• Post Master
    • my turbo project
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
I knew that from the specs, just can't quite see the difference in this picture.  I'm still not certain that I even know the difference.   8)

the old brake bolts that held the caliper are in the same axis as the axle nut (left to right on the bike), the new ones (radial) follow the direction of the spokes (out to in).  so pretty much the bolts went perpendicular of previous....not sure on how or why this makes better brakes, but the new bikes tend to like them and they do look bomb!

but they even kept the logo on both brakes in the same location :lol:

Offline Quasar

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 04:06:24 AM »
How disappointing after waiting nearly a decade for a new, sleeker appearing Hayabusa. It offers nothing of significant worth over my modified 99 Hayabusa and its rear tail; what an eyesore. It reminds me of some old cars that had wheel covers intended to hide the wheels. But who knows, much like cancer, it may eventually grow on me. :lol2:

Offline reaper0995

• Post Master
    • my turbo project
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 10:10:39 AM »
How disappointing after waiting nearly a decade for a new, sleeker appearing Hayabusa. It offers nothing of significant worth over my modified 99 Hayabusa and its rear tail; what an eyesore. It reminds me of some old cars that had wheel covers intended to hide the wheels. But who knows, much like cancer, it may eventually grow on me. :lol2:

what about the factory dual injectors, dual fans, 1000 style forks, different motor combo (probably better rods), heat disapating cylinders, better head flow, better combustion chamber, gear position indicator (now dont need to open tranny for it).....

i would say from what i seen/heard, the new busa is even MORE tailored to boost than the first one.... well, needs a spacer to reduce compression, but that looks like thats all.  i mean the old busa pistons are good for 460, crank 500+, rods ~325, so not that the rods are most likely improved, it may be that the new level of hp on a stock, spacer motor will be 400 8)

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 11:22:16 AM »
I believe that Suzuki REALLY listened to the customers, probably us as well.  (I'd be willing to bet on that).  The bike has a few other things that I noticed that make it more suitable for boost as well as top speed.

The oil sending unit mount has been changed and should be easier to get a high pressure oil out for the turbo.

The radiator spout has been moved to the back.  (No more modding the rad to get an intercooler on).

The aeros look to be really designed with a rider onboard, based on the pictures I saw in cycle world last night. 

The tank has indentions for your arms as well as your head and knees.

The tail is wider to let the air flow off your butt and reattach itself to the hump and flow on back.

The main parts:  engine and frame are the same dimensions, which will support the aftermarket that we already have     
  going.

These are just off the top of my pointed little head. 
233 mph Texas Mile