Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: neutral switch question  (Read 3830 times)

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
neutral switch question
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:41:56 PM »
were is it located? whats the easyest way to get to it with out ripping half the bike apart.
the bike wont start unless the kick stand is up, cant put the stand down in neutral or it will shut off. and does any one know how much $  the dealer get,s for one
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Re: neutral switch question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »
were is it located? whats the easyest way to get to it with out ripping half the bike apart.
the bike wont start unless the kick stand is up, cant put the stand down in neutral or it will shut off. and does any one know how much $  the dealer get,s for one

It's probably a problem with the kickstand interlock switch, not the neutral switch.  You should be able to have the kickstand down in neutral and have the engine run.  If it's in gear though, and the kickstand is down then the engine will cutoff and won't even crank over if you try to start it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 02:17:04 PM by Busa@11K »
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:54:42 PM »
with the stand down it wont start. with the stand up it will start. that tells me that the stand switch is working. also neutral light does not come on.
it wont run with the stand down because it doesnt know that its in neutral, because the switch is bad

It's probably a problem with the kickstand interlock switch, not the neutral switch.  You should be able to have the kickstand down in neutral and have the engine run.  If it's in gear though, and the kickstand is down then the engine will cutoff and won't even crank over if you try to start it.

it burn,s when i pee

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:06:23 PM »
  i guess i said it wrong, it doesnt shut off with the stand down. it wont cranck over with the stand down

it burn,s when i pee

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 09:00:15 PM »
with the stand down it wont start. with the stand up it will start. that tells me that the stand switch is working. also neutral light does not come on.

Use an ohmmeter at the gear position switch connector to test the operation of the neutral switch.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
make sure gps sensor is plugged in other the tank.  Do you have a TRE on the bike?  There is ablue wire at the 3 pin triangular GPS connector under the tank.  The blue wire becomes a ground when the bike is in neutral.

I have messed with tons and tons of gps sensors, never really seen one bad that someone didn't monkey with and make it that way. They are $50 new from bombaybusa.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com