Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: GSX-R 1000 Vs. Concrete Wall (Guess who won)  (Read 2755 times)

Offline logan1

• Rider
GSX-R 1000 Vs. Concrete Wall (Guess who won)
« on: July 19, 2007, 11:08:58 PM »
Quote from: SQUID
21 year old bought bike. got checked out by service guys, said he rode dirt bikes. reved bike up several times. let loose of clutch and handful of throttle. made it about 50 feet, right into concrete wall. didnt have helmet strapped, it flew off. guy not hurt... poor bike. frame snapped at welds.. didnt look like weld didnt bond, but you can clearly see where 2 parts put together and impact broke it right in 1/2. 1/2 weld on each side of frame. im sure this is not frame issue. nothing was built to go head on into concrete wall. Is this the first totaled one??? possibly... it was ugly; happened at 6:00 as we were shutting down shop. No insurance. Guy asked what do i do know? i asked if he had insurance. he said no he was going to get it monday. I said well you owe 12k for totaled bike... there suppose to look up parts in morning if fiche is even out yet, tho im sure parts are not available and this guy prolly cant pay cash to fix it.

I saw this on another forum and thought i would cross post it here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:10:53 PM by logan1 »

Offline 396

• Mad Post Whore
Re: GSX-R 1000 Vs. Concrete Wall (Guess who won)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 06:36:30 AM »
I have seen a lot of cracked frames from all sorts of crashes, but this takes the cake. I wonder if something else was wrong with that frame anyways.

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 07:22:34 AM »
Ouch!  :bah:

That's a lesson learned the HARD way for sure.  :(

Offline cstraubs1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 09:17:53 AM »
I have seen a lot of cracked frames from all sorts of crashes, but this takes the cake. I wonder if something else was wrong with that frame anyways.

Yea..it had a moron on top of it...

Offline B Plas

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • Why not just tell it the way it is?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 09:34:35 AM »
Guy asked what do i do know?

Damn, that might be the saddest part of the whole thread. 

:moped:

He probably should have bought one of these instead ^
"A man's gotta know his limitations"

Offline Gixx1300R

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »
I think this was posted last year
War is nothing more than Old Men talking while Young men die

Offline runandgun7

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »
only thing that looks in good shape is that pallet its laying on

busarulz

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »
that was robbed off GIXXER.COM........WAS POSTED ABOUT 8 OR 9 MONTHS AGO ...OLD NEWS    :sprz:....TRY AGAIN
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 01:10:52 PM by busarulz »

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »
Wonder is the motor is still any good?????   LOL
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 10:16:51 PM »
wasnt 8 -9 months ago.. was about 3-4 months ago.. i know.. i took those pics of bike and posted them up here and gixxer.com.  yes motor was still fine. only fluid out of whole bike was clutch mastercylinder when it came off from hitting wall.  guy finally came to pick bike up month later.  said he was taking it to "chop shop" for them to salvage parts and sell them.  havent seen or heard from him since. im sure all parts are gone. someone got good motor out of it.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline Slim

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 11:38:19 PM »
21 year old bought bike. got checked out by service guys, said he rode dirt bikes. reved bike up several times. let loose of clutch and handful of throttle. made it about 50 feet, right into concrete wall. didnt have helmet strapped, it flew off. guy not hurt... poor bike. frame snapped at welds.. didnt look like weld didnt bond, but you can clearly see where 2 parts put together and impact broke it right in 1/2. 1/2 weld on each side of frame. im sure this is not frame issue. nothing was built to go head on into concrete wall. Is this the first totaled one??? possibly... it was ugly; happened at 6:00 as we were shutting down shop. No insurance. Guy asked what do i do know? i asked if he had insurance. he said no he was going to get it monday. I said well you owe 12k for totaled bike... there suppose to look up parts in morning if fiche is even out yet, tho im sure parts are not available and this guy prolly cant pay cash to fix it.

I saw this on another forum and thought i would cross post it here.

Poor guy.  He just bought a brand new 1000, on his way out of the dealer he is feeling on top of the world, and then makes a classic rookie mistake.  I feel bad when I hear these things.  Just think of the emotional 'high" this guy was on and then to end up with $12k down the toilet over just like that. 

Offline ALUCARD

• Post Whore
  • LOVE DON'T PAY THE RENT
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 12:10:58 AM »
bad luck indeed, but that kind of shit is expected to happen. that is why both my son's took the motorcycle safety course. ( passed with flying colors ).have insurance ,& practiced in empty lots till i felt they were ready. so far accident free for 3 years  now.

MARRIAGE IS LIKE A HORSE WITH A BROKEN LEG.YOU CAN SHOOT THE HORSE.BUT THAT DON'T FIX THE LEG

Offline nitrod86gt

• Post Master
  • Did I say that out loud? Oh god, did they hear me?
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 09:38:30 AM »
the problem with that and the K5 frame is (from what i can see and if i was an engineer) that the motor mounts aren't tied into the steering head section of the frame at all...if they would gusset that mount over onto that section of frame, it would be substantially stronger...just my opinion

2003 GSX-R1000. Velocity Racing Stge 1 Turbo Kit, Aquamist 1s water injection, Motor by Cooper Performance, PVM magnesium wheels, Ohlins suspension, Racefit

Offline Headshot

• Post Master
    • http://n/a
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »
only thing that looks in good shape is that pallet its laying on

:rfl:
"Two to the body one to the head"