Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PROBLEM FOUND  (Read 20824 times)

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
alot u of u seen what i went through a few months back with the zx14 i bought..well i went through dumped a shit load of money into it to get it back to where it should be and realized i did not like the bike at all...parts were to expensive,and just wasnt enough u could get for it being its so new...so i sell it and decide i need another busa....now i sell bike the way it is suppose to be..all together,mint clean as hell ready to go....

so i go on the board and buy a turbo busa...i cant lie after i sold my ultra to buzard the whole way home i wanted to cry like a little girl who go pushed on the playground....it was depressing....so anyway i buy this new one off this board under the intentions its mint,the hp is what the guys says,etc etc...

well bike shows up yesterday and holy hell...looks like it came straight from the mud pit....dity as can be,rubber caked  all over undertail and swingarm from someone doin burnouts,oil leak i cant find,rash on stickers where someone tied it down before,air shifter not workin,chain is shot,forks are twisted inside tripples so bars are cocked while riding,and the list goes on...but the biggest damn thing killin me is this is a supposed 250 hp on pump gas bike...i ran it against a i mean bone stock busa and could just barley pull him..i coulda pulled him better with a piped busa...so here i am once again with a bike im completely unhappy with and feel i was lied to about the shape,condition and running condition of the bike....

why do people when they sell there stuff do this?seriously be honest so when the peron buyin ur shit is sitting there waiting impatiently for it to show up when its gets there the smile on there face doesnt disappear...

im not droppin names and ill eat this damn deal like i did last...ill send the bike this winter and have it built the right way,re powdercoat,everything,get all new plastic,and have motor built....just sucks cause my riding season is now over cause i dont even wanna be out on this thing...

and i know of one other person on here who has been screwed on a bike real recent too....if ur bike has issues and u dont wanna deal with them be honest and make the price fair to compensate the next person to deal with the shit

i guess my big gripe is we are a pretty tight site here..why screw ur fellow members that would do anything they could to help u out in a situation
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:22:14 PM by from9rto1k »
8.51 @166 so far....stay tuned

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
Re: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »
Sorry to hear Greg..You just have some bad luck with deals...I told ya to keep the black bike!!!

And turbo bikes always seem to have problems in general....the only thing You could do now is rip it apart and fix whats wrong...

Good luck with it Bro!!

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »
Quote from: from9rto1k
guess my big gripe is we are a pretty tight site here..why screw ur fellow members that would do anything they could to help u out in a situation

+1

I know a few of you have help me get my busa back on the road after my deer incident. Thanks again to you all.
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
No way to do business regardless of if the person is from the boards or not...

Sell it as advertised! Why is that so hard?

If it makes 250hp, there'd better be a dyno sheet! If the motor was just freshened, who did the work, and where are the receipts?

Can't be too careful nowdays.  Lots of shit floating around, and it's unfortunate that we sometimes catch it.
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 01:25:15 PM »
eddie thnx man...like i said i guess ill have to eat it and build it and have it done right....

just sux to have to put another 2-3 k into a bike to get it to the point where i was told it would be when bought..i just did that with that zx14..now this....

Offline Rokitman1300

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »
I can understand not putting someone out there but if the deal is as bad as it sounds!! Man i want to know who it is just in case in the future they might be selling another bike or parts this is the type of person i don't want to deal with :evil:. I bought my 03 Pumpkin from a guy on this board and it was Mint just as i was told but it only takes a few bad apples for you not to trust anyone. Sorry to hear you got a bad deal again my advice would be to go look at what your getting if its to far wait till one comes around local to you!!

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »
i havent even gotten the title for bike yet so to be honest im not throwin nothing out there unless the deal gets worse...i have given this person the opportunity to make it right or atleast help with the fact the bike needs to go to dyno and find out why it has no power and the cost its gonna cost to get it to where it should be....but i have emailed him 2 times and have heard nothing back...we will see

Offline lowrider99

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »
If he doesn't do right by you, you owe it to the board to report it and who it is.
My .02
Lowrider99

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »
yea if he doesnt do right by u.. let all know so we dont buy anything from him... sorry to hear.zay
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 06:04:10 PM »
guys i completely understand...but like i said ill let him make right first

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 06:27:04 PM »
How long has it been . Mint is just like the word implies ....Mint . Not wrecked . I'd be looking for my money back right away . There are other turbo bikes for sale that the owners but love into I'm sure . Thats why you always do the deal face to face so you see what your getting .

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »
 for the life of me I can not understand this buying stuff  sight unseen over the internet ..  Sure get in touch with sellers that way but personally , I want to see a bike in person before my money comes out.  You know the guy had to be a scumbag to sell off a bike in that condition and call it mint .
Lotsa shysters go to the net to get rid of their junk .
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
    • http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 09:47:17 PM »
i'll post up, i guess i just don't know enough about these bikes,

one of the guys from the board posted the bike up for sale for a buddy in cleveland, i cant remember who posted it originally, they are both in cleveland. dennis did the turbo and tuned the bike. i bought the bike for $11,500. i talked to dennis and the guy that posted it and they both gave it a clean bill of health, had less than 2k miles on it.

dennis told me that if i was running pump gas, i needed to bring the bike to him before bringin it home so he could detune the bike. i hung out for a couple hours, he had other stuff goin on, i saw a pull with 220-230 hp, while he was finishing the bike, i helped pick up another customers bike with the trailer i bought up there as well.

when i got back later, dennis said the bike made 251rwhp.

got the bike home, took it down to have the oil changed by buddy at a local shop and put a new shinko on the back of the bike. cut the plastic around the turbo pipe.

rode the bike 3 or 4 times, took it down to dave page to have an air shifter put on it, he commented on how great the drivability was and how great the bike ran.

took the bike to a cruise in, they had a 200hp only dyno, i figured i'd max it out, they said it was around 157 hp, i said they were stupid, the bike must have been spinning the tire, or they were doing somthing wrong.

the bike ran great, felt strong to me, i don't have anything to compare it to as i've never been on a turbo bike. the bike doesn't sputter, spit, i took it out for a 300 mile run one day and it was flawless,
dennis said it made 251, dave said the bike ran great.

as far as the bike being dirty, the last time i rode it, i got caught in a huge rain. i had full intentions of doing a full wash wax on the bike, i got a check on saturday for the bike, greg said he was going to have the bike picked up, i assumed i would have more than 15 mintues to get the bike cleaned up, as far as oil, there isn't a drop of oil in my garage and the bike has been parked there for a few months in the same spot. i haven't had the plastic off since it was first off when i bought the bike,

twisted inside triples, i have no idea what that means,

as far as the one smallest sticker on the bike that is scratched, i was told it was coming in the mail to me and i said i would forward it with the pegs, i also said if the previous owner didn't forward the pegs and sticker to me in a timely fashion that i would pay for them.

we agreed on a price of 10,750, you then called and said you talked to the same guy in cleveland that i talked to and he told you the bike had painted parts on it. and that was a problem for you. i told you then, i never really noticed, i just thought the 04 se looked great with the 06 body kit. you said it would cost $500 to have the parts powder coated. i said i really don't want to discount because i have other buyers and i'm already taking a hit on a bike i rode 7 times. but, i said you sent me a $200 deposit, just send me 10k more and i'll eat $550 to that you can have the stuff powder coated. so i've already paid for that. you knew they were painted (i could care less they were painted as i thought the bike looked great and got nothing but compliments), but you seemed to have a problem with it, so i sucked it up to get rid of the payment because of the car i have on order.

as far as the air shifter, i really don't have a clue, i only used the thing 3 times and it worked fine, i've only rode the bike like 7 times since i got it.

i bought it the way it sat and thought it looked great, everyone that saw it did nothing but compliment me on it. i took a hit on a bike i bought from here, that i loved, on recommendations form dennis, and the other guy in cleveland. i rode it 7 or 8 times,  only because i needed to get rid of the payment. i'm far from mechanical, i pay people to do just about everything. i paid dennis to tune it, i paid dave ot do the air shifter, and a shop to do a new tire and oil change.

bike has performed flawlessly from the minute i got it. i guess i just don't know how fast a turbo is supposed to be, i never raced the bike.

if the power is not there, then i was lied to by dennis
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:06:44 AM by beefcake »
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153
2016 Charger Hellcat 11.83 (stock)
15 CVO Street Glide 127 - 142hp/139ft/lbs

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:40 PM »
heres the pics that were posted when i bought the bike

and then i took posted the pics i took in front of the dealership

i thought / think it's a great looking bike, again, if i had more than 15 minutes, i would have had the bike lookin as good as my pics
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:09:13 PM by beefcake »
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 11:23:38 PM »
 :roll:  bike looks okay to me?

Maybe the thing is pushing out a gasket or something? Maybe the boots are blowing off the tb's under boost? Maybe a line came somewhere?

240-250hp should be pretty standard for a stage 1 without any crazy mods.

Don't know about twisted triples or anything of that sort.
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 11:42:20 PM »
u said right in what u just posted a dyno told u 157...u never ever told me that....and to be honest thats about what it feels like...i barely pulled a stocker and the guy was 260 lbs to my 210.....

see now more stuff is coming out man this is bullshit now....u guys all see the pics he posted..someone please post the pics i took tonight of the bike and tell me its the same as those pics...

someone chime in and ill send pics to u

took the bike to a cruise in, they had a 200hp only dyno, i figured i'd max it out, they said it was around 157 hp, i said they were stupid, the bike must have been spinning the tire, or they were doing somthing wrong.
THIS IS UR POST>>>WHY WOULDNT U BRING IT AND HAVE IT CHECKED BEFORE U SOLD IT?OR DID U REALLY FEEL IT WAS LOW AND OFF IT!!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:44:04 PM by from9rto1k »

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 11:59:44 PM »
ok guys these pics kinda blury but ull get the idea...if this looks to be the same mint clean bike then let me know

ok notice melted air shifter line,air temp and map sens just hanging out,plug in plenum where air temp goes,bolts missing out of where belly wing goes on,random plugs unplugged and no clue where they go,motor is filthy and covered with that white stuff looks like from salt on roads and its all over brake lines as u can see which everywhere it is is pitting the parts,2500 miles suppose to be on this...turbo looks like its 10 yrs old..inside turbo is filthy, riding lawn mower air cleaner,crushed in up pipe in 2 spots...ill get better pics of motor but i can tell u i had a 1000 with 36k on it and it wasnt near this dirty....u can see by pics bike is far from mint..ill take pics of plastic tomorrow also and of under tail and swingarm covered with rubber that wont come off

PLEASE TELL ME IM LYING

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 12:01:59 AM »
since u now publically announced u had a idea it was down on power by a dyno tellin u..i have copy and pasted all this and saved it to a file showing u advertised as 251 hp and u knew there was a chance of it being low....now public sees this i hope u will make this right now

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 12:04:47 AM »
also if u payed a shop to do oil change what kinda cycle shop uses fram oil filters?

u know i tried keepin u out of this and just wanted u to make it right...i emailed and u wouldnt respond...u had no prob callin me when the check was being done...i would have never said a word of who or what bike it was if u tried to make this right but instead u come on here and tell people theres a chance its only 157 hp..thats about how it feels too...come on man do the right thing

since u publically announced u knew something was up...gimme a full refund on the check..keep the 200 and take the bike back....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:16:50 AM by from9rto1k »

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
Re: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PICS ADDED
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 02:13:06 AM »
cancel the check, send the bike back...and stop buying bikes site unseen, dude!!

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline busa & 12lover

• Post Whore
    • DIRTY SOUTH RIDERS M/C
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 04:37:52 AM »
how are you supposed to clean the inside of a turbo....mines kinda dirty because i RIDE it :lol:..and a little soap and water will clean the bike back up....not knocking your thread , but some things are alittle ANAL....and its gonna be kinda hard to please you....just just like Bonedust said .....stop buying site unseen....and i don't believe anyone who rides there bike daily or races it  will have a perfect , nonblemished zero issue machine......and who rides a turbo with the wing?

but i hope the issues you have with the bike are resolved.....
DIRTY SOUTH RIDERS M/C OF DALLAS TEXASwww.DSRDALLAS.com

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 06:17:20 AM »
u said right in what u just posted a dyno told u 157...u never ever told me that....and to be honest thats about what it feels like...i barely pulled a stocker and the guy was 260 lbs to my 210.....

THIS IS UR POST>>>WHY WOULDNT U BRING IT AND HAVE IT CHECKED BEFORE U SOLD IT?OR DID U REALLY FEEL IT WAS LOW AND OFF IT!!!!!!

because the bike didn't have any problems, and dennis had just dyno tuned it a couple hundred miles earlier, i'm gonna take dennis's word over some chopper bike shop that didn't have a clue what a turbo was and didn't even know how to strap the bike down
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 06:21:04 AM »
since u now publically announced u had a idea it was down on power by a dyno tellin u..i have copy and pasted all this and saved it to a file showing u advertised as 251 hp and u knew there was a chance of it being low....now public sees this i hope u will make this right now

i emailed you last night when i got home from work?

it's the same bike i bought off here 3 months ago everyone was foaming over even me, and i thought it was a great bike, i didn't think the bike was down on power, it pulled everyone i rode against, i had it dyno tuned by the owner of this fkn site, and he is supposed to be the best i'm told, i didn't come on here bithching when i bought it 3 or 4 months ago because i thought it was a nice bike

and as far as getting caught in the rain, the frikin dirt wipe off for crying out loud,
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 06:23:25 AM »
how are you supposed to clean the inside of a turbo....mines kinda dirty because i RIDE it :lol:..and a little soap and water will clean the bike back up....not knocking your thread , but some things are alittle ANAL....and its gonna be kinda hard to please you....just just like Bonedust said .....stop buying site unseen....and i don't believe anyone who rides there bike daily or races it  will have a perfect , nonblemished zero issue machine......and who rides a turbo with the wing?

but i hope the issues you have with the bike are resolved.....

thats what i'm saying, i never said it was a show bike, i said it was bought off here, the guy raced it, had to selll the bike, i said where it came from, he talked to the same guy i did about the bike, he knew where it came from before me 3 months ago or whatever it was

i never got a chance to race it, so i wasn't using the air shifter i just spent 500 bucks on, the plastic line is like 30 cents, i'll send more line i have left over with the sticker
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 07:06:06 AM »
ok heres the bottom line man,,i showed u pics..shits melted,dirt everywhere nothing like pics u posted...oil all over stuff..

bottm line u said a dyno pulled 157 out of it...yes man dynos lie but not 100 hp...so either make right on this part or got he next step...u publically showed u saw 157 hp after u  owned bike and sold it as a perfect 251 hp.....

as for emails i have gotten none

as for makin me happy with stuff..i bought the ultra bike off louie(hayabusa200) and it was exactly how  abike should be....i rode that bike for sme good miles and raced it and the inside of my turbo was spotless...theres a aircleaner right there to keep it clean so how is dirt gettin in there mixed with oil?????

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:08:36 AM by from9rto1k »