Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PROBLEM FOUND  (Read 20864 times)

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
Re: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PROBLEM FOUND
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2007, 07:23:27 PM »
u know what..i want this ended and ill do what i gotta do

terry u said u would make it right..paypal me the money for a new header and ill pay the labor and tuning....i think this is fair and i want this over with....

can this be settled like this?if u agree terry and u paypal me the money ill delete this post and we will go our seperate ways...ill deal with the tuning and the rest
8.51 @166 so far....stay tuned

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
    • http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:10 PM »
you send me that header, i'll pay for the shipping, i'll have it repaired and i'll send it back,

i'm not building your ultra header for you
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153
2016 Charger Hellcat 11.83 (stock)
15 CVO Street Glide 127 - 142hp/139ft/lbs

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »
louie did not come on here tellin the whole board that his bike made 157 hp on a dyno yet sellin it at a 251 hp....

terry when u saw 157 hp u shoulda right then had it checked to see if there was something wrong before u sold it at 251 hp...bottom line u admitted u saw it low on power and didnt know why but never checked or had someone check before i bought it...

and this 157 hp was never brought up to me till u posted it here...if i had known that i would have been more sceptical on buying the bike and maybe not have bought at all...but u werent honest there and like i said 157 hp u shoulda seen a problem and corrected before the sale...

u dont need to be a turbo guy or anything else to know if a dyno comes up 157 maybe something should be checked..if my bike was down 100 hp id be checkin till i found it....

like i said, i didn't know it was low on power, i thought there dyno was messed up because it was a 200hp dyno and they didn't want to dyno it in the first place and i never had a problem with the bike, so i didn't "know" anything, and thats a fact, put me on a lie detector test
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2007, 08:47:54 PM »
dude ur not buildin a ultra header..when i get that ill be buyin a complete kit not to mention a ultra header will not work with this little turbo

ive talked to alot of people about repairing and was told it will break again even welded..im not takin a bike apart every few weeks or so cause u dont wanna man up and pay for PART of the bill its gonna cost me...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:49:31 PM by from9rto1k »

Offline gr8pumpkin

• Rider
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2007, 08:54:52 PM »
see i think you should have just ponied up another 4k and you could have had my bike which looks alot better and makes way more power and has a boat load more doen to it. oh and you wouldnt have this headache going on either. but hope it works out for you
"Immature Loud Mouth, Shit Talking, Braggart"....

Offline Busa444

• Rider
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2007, 10:23:24 PM »
I have worked around welders that TIG just about everything and they said it wouldn't be a problem welding a stainless header "been there done that."

I quote" It's not F#$% cast iron for gods sake" These guys know what they are talking about.
If done right it no problem :thumb:

Hope you guys get this worked out.

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2007, 11:29:01 PM »
Well i wont get into your disscution about who owes who or what but I have welded a new ghetto header that fell apart in two places and it held till the flanges that go in the head fell off then I tiged those back on and it still holding togeather and i think it was less than a year old, if its done right it WILL hold.
Now if you run it through the rain or get it wet while its hot yes it will crack but it shouldnt crack any faster after its welded than it did from the start.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:30:38 PM by gsxturbo »
Life is to short to worry about what everybody else thinks.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2007, 11:39:51 PM »
Looks like a missing clamp on the throttle body boot ... who worked on this bike?  :?

Possible dirt leaking past the air filter? ... looks kind of dirty inside the turbo inlet.

Low on power? ... I can see why.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
  • I do what the voices tell me to...sometimes..what?
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2007, 11:49:30 PM »
not the point! if the header is cracked, the seller should be liable to send another header, not fix the one that was defective...replace the part and be done with it...or take the bike back refund the money and be done with each other...SIMPLE!!!!

geezz how hard is that!    Terry i have spoken to you and you are a good guy, and greg is a good friend of mine also, there is no reason for this post to go on like this, you are 2 adults trying to work out this situation, and everyone is putting there .02 which is causing more hostility..bottom line...if the header was defective then yes..terry you need to replace it with a new one...

please guys work it out...we are all family here ...if you dont have family ...you have nothing...

tim
Damn you must be fast... cause you were haulin ass when i passed you!

Offline Dragtek

• Rider
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2007, 12:51:42 AM »
whatever u wanna call it....just sucks all around..i just wanted a bike i could pull off truck and ride and no have to deal with issues within first 1 mile of riding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then you should go to your local dealer and pick a bike from the show room floor. and stop buying bikes that  have been preped for racing.    :thumb: :thumb:lol

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2007, 05:24:27 AM »
not the point! if the header is cracked, the seller should be liable to send another header, not fix the one that was defective...replace the part and be done with it...or take the bike back refund the money and be done with each other...SIMPLE!!!!

geezz how hard is that!    Terry i have spoken to you and you are a good guy, and greg is a good friend of mine also, there is no reason for this post to go on like this, you are 2 adults trying to work out this situation, and everyone is putting there .02 which is causing more hostility..bottom line...if the header was defective then yes..terry you need to replace it with a new one...

please guys work it out...we are all family here ...if you dont have family ...you have nothing...

tim

BUT this could of been fixed before it was sold, and the buyer would not have know it was welded until he tor into the bike. so i think rewelding it is the far thing to do.

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »
but it wasnt fixed now i cant ride bike and i gotta spend the money to have someone pull the thing apart...

i bought a bike that wasnt race prepped if it was the map wouldnt be for pump gas....

look im gonna say this one more time and im done...and for u blind people who dont wanna understand dont even bother sayin anything

I WANT THE BIKE I PAID FOR...BOTTOM MOTHER F#CKING LINE....NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND..I WANT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED..NOT BUT A BIKE AND HAVE TO DUMP MONEY INTO IT TO GET IT TO WHERE IT WAS ADVERTISED...CAN U ALL UNDERSTAND THAT ?????????????

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2007, 10:12:05 AM »
but it wasnt fixed now i cant ride bike and i gotta spend the money to have someone pull the thing apart...

i bought a bike that wasnt race prepped if it was the map wouldnt be for pump gas....

look im gonna say this one more time and im done...and for u blind people who dont wanna understand dont even bother sayin anything

I WANT THE BIKE I PAID FOR...BOTTOM MOTHER F#CKING LINE....NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND..I WANT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED..NOT BUT A BIKE AND HAVE TO DUMP MONEY INTO IT TO GET IT TO WHERE IT WAS ADVERTISED...CAN U ALL UNDERSTAND THAT ?????????????

send me the pipe, i'll fix it, even though there is now way i could have known about it, it isn't like you can hear it leaking, you never said anything about hearing an exhaust leak, and the bike was building boost, your claiming no boost and thats a flat out lie, i wouldn't be surprised if you bent the pipe yourself,

you just said before you already had the bike apart, wheels off and stuff? how can you ride a bike with no wheels on it? i sold the bike in good faith, i'll fix the pipe, but thats it
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline BigRed

• Post Whore
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »
i think it would be fair if you pay him for a new manifold and he sends you back the damaged one for you to repair. Then you can sell the repaired one. Somebody said it before in the post but the word "ignorance" really makes alot of sense. It doesnt matter if you didnt know it was cracked or spray painted or whatever. Fact is that it ACTUALLY IS cracked, spray painted or whatever. Id step up and replace his manifold and not sell anything in the future unless you know what you actually have to save all the headache.
Jeff T
Hayabusa Ultra

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
i think it would be fair if you pay him for a new manifold and he sends you back the damaged one for you to repair. Then you can sell the repaired one. Somebody said it before in the post but the word "ignorance" really makes alot of sense. It doesnt matter if you didnt know it was cracked or spray painted or whatever. Fact is that it ACTUALLY IS cracked, spray painted or whatever. Id step up and replace his manifold and not sell anything in the future unless you know what you actually have to save all the headache.

well, i bought the bike 3 months ago not knowing much about turbo's and sold it 3 months later not knowing any more, i'm not a mechanic,

i'll pay for shipping both ways, i've got a killer fab shop here that did the cage on my lightning that builds custom headers and i know they will be honest with me on how it will hold up, plus the fact, if these headers are only good for 1500-2000 miles anyway, then whats the point of buying a new one anyway
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2007, 11:59:04 AM »

What's that old saying again? ... oh yeah, "Buyer Beware".

From the photos you posted I would have thought some "bewareness" would have been present.  I would have asked for good photos from the seller before pulling the trigger on any bike I couldn't inspect in person.

Just send him the pipe for repair ... beefcake is making a fair resolution on that IMO.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:03:12 PM by Busa@11K »

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2007, 12:11:02 PM »
Somebody said it before in the post but the word "ignorance" really makes alot of sense. It doesnt matter if you didnt know it was cracked or spray painted or whatever. Fact is that it ACTUALLY IS cracked, spray painted or whatever. Id step up and replace his manifold and not sell anything in the future unless you know what you actually have to save all the headache.

How can you expect someone to who bought a used bike and then sold it shortly after to be responsible for issues that were there when he bought it and didn't know they exist?

It's important for a seller to divulge everything he KNOWS about the bike and to be honest with the buyer so issues like this don't occur.  BUT, if a seller really doesn't know of an issue and the buyer later discovers something wrong then it's the buyers problem legally.

Now what was that old saying again? ... oh yeah, "Buyer Beware".

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2007, 12:18:21 PM »
But he did know that the problems existed. The bike dyno'ed extremely low, and he blamed the dyno. I argued with him on that thread quite a bit, telling him there was something wrong with the bike. He didn't say he knew nothing about turbo's on that thread, in fact he came across as a know it all. He acted like it couldn't possibly be his bike. My feeling is that he recognized there was problems and sold the bike shortly thereafter, passing his problem on to someone else. He said he was going to re-dyno the bike after the 157 HP or whatever it was, I'm thinking maybe he re-dyno'ed the bike and came up with similar numbers... hence the sale. As far as pictures go, the ones he posted before the sale are very different than the ones the new buyer posted.
Thomas

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2007, 12:34:21 PM »
But he did know that the problems existed. The bike dyno'ed extremely low, and he blamed the dyno. I argued with him on that thread quite a bit, telling him there was something wrong with the bike. He didn't say he knew nothing about turbo's on that thread, in fact he came across as a know it all. He acted like it couldn't possibly be his bike. My feeling is that he recognized there was problems and sold the bike shortly thereafter, passing his problem on to someone else. He said he was going to re-dyno the bike after the 157 HP or whatever it was, I'm thinking maybe he re-dyno'ed the bike and came up with similar numbers... hence the sale. As far as pictures go, the ones he posted before the sale are very different than the ones the new buyer posted.

Well, it could be beefcake knew the bike had issues because of low power (but probably didn't know exactly what they were), and dumped the bike because of it.  If he wasn't honest about the bike's performance, etc then that's deception of the sale.

You got a link to the photos that were posted when this bike was put up for sale?

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
The photos are the ones posted earlier in this topic, which I believe are the same ones the buyer based his decision to purchase from. The bike looks good in those photos, but apparently had a lot of spray paint and other cheap ways to make it look good. I think both people involved in this post were somewhat misled as to what the bike really was.
Thomas

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2007, 12:40:27 PM »
See page 1 reply #13 for the photos
Thomas

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »

how the the pictures be that different other than a wash, i ownded the bike for 3 1/2 months and 800 miles for crying out loud, big deal, the bike needed to be fkn washed, and if your remember i bitched up and down about that dyno,

and again, why would i pay to redyno a bike that was tuned 6 weeks and 500 miles earlier by dennis? the only reason i went there was to house some quick cash

i sold the car and then the bike to make way for the car i ordere which will be here in 5-6 weeks, i carry a pretty big nut each month and with buying a 45k car, it's gonna be a little tight on the toys,

i talked to greg, he said the header can't be welded, too much damage and it will cost $650 for a new one. he said if i send him the $650 he will be happy,
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:12:21 AM by beefcake »
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
There are no winners in this situation. Like I said, I think both of you were misled as to what the bike really was, and the mechanical condition of the bike. Obviously I don't know the entire story, only know what's been posted on this site, but that's how it looks from here. 
Thomas

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2007, 12:48:07 PM »
And there are mechanical issues in those photos that soap and water will not change.
Thomas

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »
There are no winners in this situation. Like I said, I think both of you were misled as to what the bike really was, and the mechanical condition of the bike. Obviously I don't know the entire story, only know what's been posted on this site, but that's how it looks from here. 

like i said, if the driviability of the bike was bad, or it felt like something was wrong, or it was a year after i bought the bike, i might have thought about redynoing it, but the fact that their dyno wasn't rated for the power my bike was making and they didn't want to dyno it in the first place, and the bike performed flawlessly, and dennis had just dyno tuned it, i felt no reason to put any faith in what these guys had to say.

i drive past there shop every day, and every day since then i go, theres  them fukin idiots that don't know shit about bikes,

not to mention the fact the bike is showing about 8psi of boost, imo how can a bike be making 8psi of boost and not even making the power of a stock bike? really? if the bike smoked like it was leaking antifreeze, or something like that, i'd understand. i still don't get the whole header thing as the bike never made less than 7-8 psi of boost any time i looked at the gauge, i would think i would be able to feel if the bike dropped off 6psi all of a sudden.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:13:22 AM by beefcake »
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153