Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PROBLEM FOUND  (Read 20696 times)

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
Re: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PICS ADDED
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »
quick question you are riding the bike with a load on it and it only reads 2 lbs or are you reving it in neutral?

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 10:27:52 AM »
thnk u sir
8.51 @166 so far....stay tuned

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 10:29:47 AM »
no i know u need a load on it. it was riding when i saw it

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
    • http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:32 AM »
called back, just so everyone knows

like i told greg, let me know whats going on and i'll help out with it, can't be nothing major, just like greg said on the phone, the drivability of the bike is perfect, its a 2400 mile bike that dennis put together with turbo pistons and tuned,

as far as this sensor hanging or this and that, i dont know, i bought the bike to ride, never owned a turbo bike, i assumed everything is were it's supposed to be,

wheres the guy in cleveland that knows this bike, that originally listed it, maybe he can chime in?
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153
2016 Charger Hellcat 11.83 (stock)
15 CVO Street Glide 127 - 142hp/139ft/lbs

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »
no i know u need a load on it. it was riding when i saw it

k just checken  :thumb:

you shouldnt have to put those clamps on  unless someone  lost the right ones or they stripped out. But i would double check them.

last thing that filter looks like paper ?  if it is it might be bad since it is low to the street it could get wet. i would pull off the filter andride it down the street and see if th efilter is choking it if so i think i have a filter that will work for ya. :thumb:

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »
i did put a different filter on than the bike was tuned with, the other filter was bigger but the clamp wouldn't hold good and i didn't want to cut that much of the plastic, it was more like a k&n type filter, but i didn't want it falling off on the street
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline nitrod86gt

• Post Master
  • Did I say that out loud? Oh god, did they hear me?
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »
i dont know...i kinda see 9r's side of it...that bike is absolutely filthy and when you pay that kind of money for a turbo bike it should at least be clean...but the spray painted stuff?? that should have been disclosed...its not hard to notice that an expensive, extended swingarm is rattle canned..now the whole dyno situation, no one will ever know until someone throws it on there.....9r...if there is a local dynoe, take it to it and run it...until then you shouldnt be complaining...im sure if you explain the situation, the dyno operater will cut you a break..hell the local guy here charges 25 bucks to do an A/F analysis which involves hooking the bike up and making a WOT run....you should do this...otherwise I think that the other stuff can be worked out...10250 isnt a bad deal BUT the oily turbo would be my biggest concern..

2003 GSX-R1000. Velocity Racing Stge 1 Turbo Kit, Aquamist 1s water injection, Motor by Cooper Performance, PVM magnesium wheels, Ohlins suspension, Racefit

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2007, 11:11:50 AM »
I've dealt with and talked to Beefcake on several occasions and I can vouch that he knows nothig about bikes.. lol (no offense terry)
Matter of fact he pm'ed me about getting the airlock fittings for that very airshifter just a while back. If you don't think the bike is right take it to someone that can make it right.. I'd guess you have a boost leak somewhere. It's obvious that you'd rather spend time whining like a baby about this bike then getting out there and fixing it. I for one don't feel sorry for you at all. He adjusted the price due to the bad paintwork and honestly I considered that bike both before he bought it and then again when he put it back up for sale. If I remember right Beef has owned three busa's and has sold them all at one point or another to fuel his desire in owning fast Fords. It's not like he bought this thing complainded of nothing but problems with it and then sold it.
I agree with him about the dyno thing too... if you've ever seen a turbo bike dynoed you know they strap the shit out of it to keep the tire from spinning. They don't do that on cheesy v-twins.  as for the fi light add another check valve in line that should keep the fi light off.. and one more thing.. if your only seeing one or two pounds of boost I don't think it would even throw the fi light.. :wink:
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
The FI Light being on means something, take a paper clip and put it in the dealer connector and see what code pops up.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:12 AM »
i dont know...i kinda see 9r's side of it...that bike is absolutely filthy and when you pay that kind of money for a turbo bike it should at least be clean...but the spray painted stuff?? that should have been disclosed...its not hard to notice that an expensive, extended swingarm is rattle canned..now the whole dyno situation, no one will ever know until someone throws it on there.....9r...if there is a local dynoe, take it to it and run it...until then you shouldnt be complaining...im sure if you explain the situation, the dyno operater will cut you a break..hell the local guy here charges 25 bucks to do an A/F analysis which involves hooking the bike up and making a WOT run....you should do this...otherwise I think that the other stuff can be worked out...10250 isnt a bad deal BUT the oily turbo would be my biggest concern..

the bike was dirty, i'm not saying it wasn't, i started cleaning it the minute i walked in the door from work, and 5 minutes later, the guy showed up to pick it up. i already had all my meguiars stuff out starting on it.

the bike was discounted for the "painted" stuff, that i didn't paint, thats how i got the bike off these boards a few months ago, and how i assumed the bike was supposed to come. it was an 04 se with 06 bodywork, never thought anything about it, i saw the original pictures and thought the color combo was bad a$$, i still think the bike looks wicked, it was a black bike, with a black swingarm, to me that matches, as i've said several times, let me know whats going on,

i talked to greg, he thinks one of the pipes may have gotten a hole rubbed in it, but he's not sure
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »
I've dealt with and talked to Beefcake on several occasions and I can vouch that he knows nothig about bikes.. lol (no offense terry)
Matter of fact he pm'ed me about getting the airlock fittings for that very airshifter just a while back. If you don't think the bike is right take it to someone that can make it right.. I'd guess you have a boost leak somewhere. It's obvious that you'd rather spend time whining like a baby about this bike then getting out there and fixing it. I for one don't feel sorry for you at all. He adjusted the price due to the bad paintwork and honestly I considered that bike both before he bought it and then again when he put it back up for sale. If I remember right Beef has owned three busa's and has sold them all at one point or another to fuel his desire in owning fast Fords. It's not like he bought this thing complainded of nothing but problems with it and then sold it.
I agree with him about the dyno thing too... if you've ever seen a turbo bike dynoed you know they strap the shit out of it to keep the tire from spinning. They don't do that on cheesy v-twins.  as for the fi light add another check valve in line that should keep the fi light off.. and one more thing.. if your only seeing one or two pounds of boost I don't think it would even throw the fi light.. :wink:

thanks, i think, lol, j/k

i do have a conscience and i will do my best to try to help out, but it is just as jody says, bought the bike, rode it a few times, the owner agreed to give me a shelby gt 500 08' at 42k, they are selling for 54-63k, and i couldn't pass the deal up, thats why i sold the car i listed here too, and why i sold the bike, absolutely not tryin to "get over" on anyone,
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »
yea I was razzing you terry. My point was your a good guy and if that bike had a problem you surely wouldn't of dove into it without posting something about it on here... Good deal on the gt500 by the way... :thumb:

Does this bike have an up-pipe that snakes around behind the frame??? or does it go though the ram air tube??
I had the one that snaked through the frame and I had a heck of a time trying to find a boost leak...finally I discovered I had a crack in the backside of the up-pipe and the bike would build almost no boost...
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline busa & 12lover

• Post Whore
    • DIRTY SOUTH RIDERS M/C
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »
just a thought ....when i bought my bike it was low on power and turned out to be a bad injector....and my bike come from Ohio...and its now in Tx...
DIRTY SOUTH RIDERS M/C OF DALLAS TEXASwww.DSRDALLAS.com

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2007, 12:21:11 PM »
snakes behind frame....and im not whining about shit i just want what i paid for..no big deal.

me and terry talked and will get this straightened out..i had emailed and never heard from him and thought he was avoiding the situation but he wasnt..thats why i never threw his name out there....so for all u who think im whining about spending over 10k on a turbo bike to get 157 hp can go f#ck urselfs

i do nothin but try to help on here..people need stuff and i have given stuff to people on here for nothing..im always tryin to help..just didnt think i was gonna get bike #2 in 3 months and have it be shit

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2007, 12:25:09 PM »
oh busa for hire read the other post and realize the other post has nothing to do with terrys bike and he wasnt tryin to help the bike i was talkin about he was tryin to justify the problem if it was his bike but it wasnt...

so till u know what ur talkin about dont post in my thread....if u bought a bike and it made 100 hp less then what u bought u would let it go?bullshit!!!! u would be just as mad

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2007, 12:40:32 PM »
oh busa for hire read the other post and realize the other post has nothing to do with terrys bike and he wasnt tryin to help the bike i was talkin about he was tryin to justify the problem if it was his bike but it wasnt...

so till u know what ur talkin about dont post in my thread....if u bought a bike and it made 100 hp less then what u bought u would let it go?bullshit!!!! u would be just as mad

....no I'd be trying to figure out why it wasn't making the power it should.. When I had my turbo it went back to motorheads and made 65 horse less then it did initially.. we fixed it and moved on. If you owned a turbo bike before and had no issues whatsoever with it your in the minority.. and I did read the other post and I could see how Terry would of been mixed up.
Like I said in the other post he was only trying to help thinking you were still ranting about the bike you bought from him.  I hope that you do get it fixed... but the way you went about dragging it on the board was a little brash. check that uppipe. and like I said I had to pull it off to see that it was cracked on the backside.

Bikeless....for now.

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2007, 02:50:52 PM »
pressure check the intake.  that will find your problem right away.

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2007, 03:18:06 PM »
thats just it i didnt bring it on thhe board like that..i was venting about another shitty deal thats all..terry stepped up and let everyone know who it was..i wouldanever said he name..no biggie

me and terry will work it out

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »
thats just it i didnt bring it on thhe board like that..i was venting about another shitty deal thats all..terry stepped up and let everyone know who it was..i wouldanever said he name..no biggie

me and terry will work it out

yes your right... but you also started this thread...   http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=118003.0  :?
Terry stepping up initially on his own should tell you ther caliber of person he is and I'm sure he intends to make sure things are all good.
I'm sure you guys will figure things out. :thumb:
Bikeless....for now.

Offline lowazzaccord

• Rider
  • 275lbs tryin to go fast
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »
Greg is a good guy.  I've known him for a while and can vouche for his character and his mechanical ability/knowledge.  I see where he is coming from.  All he is hearing is essentially "I am ignorant, and shouldn't have to deal with it," along with "you figure out MY problem, then tell me about it." 

Personally, had I bought a bike with a claimed 251rwhp and received a bike with 157rwhp there would be an issue also.  That sounds like a killer boost leak or a bhg.  Either way, Greg SHOULD have been able to hop on that bike and ridden it with 100% advertised power, no if's, and's or but's.

Big Pete

new project turbo coming soon...

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2007, 08:28:26 PM »
check the header and make sure its all tight and no gasket leaks, i have a few turbo friends who loose boost and sure enough the header is loose.

and on another note, dont buy $10k bikes site unseen. you could have spent $300 on a plane ticket and seen it first hand to see if it met your expectations. you would have been much farther ahead $$ wise

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2007, 08:53:32 PM »
im sorry,but id never buy anything for that large of money,without me being able to look and touch it myself....

put it on a dyno with a sniffer and be done with all the guessing...

like greg said,jump the plug,and see if you get a code,that FI light is trying to tell you something.....

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2007, 11:47:49 AM »
buyin the bike honestly i wasnt worried cause i knew where the bike came from..the guy who started this bike is good friends with the guy i bought my ultra bike from...i contacted him and got the low down on bike....being terry had it a short time i really didnt think anything could be screwed up on it...

as for problems it will go on dyno tomorrow morning..if its a blown head gasket im not gonna be happy....between runnin oct booster and no water inj on bike im kinda scared of the head gasket now seein it has such a huge drop in power...

we will see tomorrow

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2007, 12:17:48 PM »
Sounds like you have bad Karma and should buy a build your own bike from new/scratch and be done...

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
ok i found the issue with no dyno time....someone was right i dont remember who...heres the out come....crack goes from one side to the other...this is not to bash either just lettin everyone know the outcome...not sure where its goin from here yet....

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:26:15 PM by from9rto1k »