Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PROBLEM FOUND  (Read 20872 times)

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PROBLEM FOUND
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »
bummer that sucks, shouldn't be too hard to fix hopefully.  That definitely will limit boost being produced.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
    • http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com
Re: whats the deal with buyin and sellin bikes these days?PICS ADDED
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »
bummer that sucks, shouldn't be too hard to fix hopefully.  That definitely will limit boost being produced.

okay, i'm at a loss,

first off on the weak dyno the bike was on, i just talked to dave page, and he told me he had talked to those guys at the dragstrip about dynoing some of his stuff for him, and when he said he had a turbo hayabusa, that they said they won't dyno them, the dyno won't handle it, the day i was there, 5 of em gathered around discussing my bike in the corner before they even agreed to strap it down. like i said then, i believe they were trying to fug me. i also asked dave in his honest opinion, if the bike had a cracked header, would he have heard it (i've only put 100 miles maybe on the bike since it got the air shifter put on), he said he would have definately been able to hear the bike if it had a header leak on it,

i don't know bikes, i know cars, and i know what an exhaust leak sounds like. on top of that as far as boost. i am not buying the 1-2 psi of boost. i 100% positive know the bike was making 7 to 8 psi of boost. the last time i rode it before i listed it, i did a 151 mph blast on the road just to see what some of the higher speed stuff felt like, i could barely hold onto the bike, i looked at the boost gauge and it was sitting at 8psi, that was 20 miles ago on the bike, i rode it home, the car sold a couple days later and i listed it for sale, it was never showing 1 to 2 psi, no way, no how

buyin the bike honestly i wasnt worried cause i knew where the bike came from..the guy who started this bike is good friends with the guy i bought my ultra bike from...i contacted him and got the low down on bike....being terry had it a short time i really didnt think anything could be screwed up on it...

as for problems it will go on dyno tomorrow morning..if its a blown head gasket im not gonna be happy....between runnin oct booster and no water inj on bike im kinda scared of the head gasket now seein it has such a huge drop in power...

we will see tomorrow

now, the guy he says he talked to about the bike is name louis i believe, i'm not sure what he posts on under here, but he's the one that listed the bike i bought, this bike. funny thing is, he is the same guy that greg bought the ultra bike from that he whined and complained about all over the place on here. if he screwed him on the last bike so bad, why would he be calling him on this bike?

on top of that, i just spoke to john mckenna, the guy i bought the bike from, he told me that 2 days after he bought the ultra bike from louis, he called him telling him the turbo was cracked on the bike and demanded money for a new turbo.

okay......

now, my next question is this, greg just called me demanding $1700 to build a new header and tune the bike because it's gotta be pulled apart now or he's gonna sue me.

what i want to know is, whats involved in building an ultra bike? i've heard this term thrown around the last couple times. when greg bitched about the painted stuff on the bike, that i already took a $550 hit on, he said he was gonna use the $500 to have the stuff powdercoated while the bike was down, because it was going to be down anyway converting it to an ultra bike? when he first put the deposit down, he told me he was gonna buy a new busa, but when he saw the 08's they were so ugly that he decided to buy a used one to convert it into an ultra bike

john (previous owner) told me an ultra bike needs new headers, bigger turbo raked forked and all kinds of stuff, like 15k or so worth of stuff, i don't know if thats true or not, but what i would love some guys that no what this "ultra bike is" to chime in.

now, the bike definately did not have an exhaust leak, and i'm willing to bet the pictured pic of the header could have easily been pushed down by him, because there was no exhasut leak on the bike, it was super quiet until you started getting into boost, i don't know turbo's, but i know boost, and i know there was a definate whistling sound, 8 psi, followed by a big woosh when you shifted or let off the throttle,

all i know is the bike was scary fast, scary, with perfect drivability
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:02:51 PM by beefcake »
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153
2016 Charger Hellcat 11.83 (stock)
15 CVO Street Glide 127 - 142hp/139ft/lbs

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
1700 for a header??? RCC sells them new for like 5-600 i believe....

ultra kit is like 12500$ or so....

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »
1700 for a header??? RCC sells them new for like 5-600 i believe....

ultra kit is like 12500$ or so....

+1 dont know how he got 1700 out of 600. or you can even go to a metal shop and they can weld it up for a few pennys.  it does not look like that crack is going to make you loose 6 psi.

on a side note. you are not going to here that header leak with dump pipes.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2007, 03:18:51 PM »
header probably cracked during that final ride in the rain,  stainless doesn't like extreme temp changes.

i would say $5-600 + dyno time($2xx) would be fair.

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2007, 03:20:20 PM »
header probably cracked during that final ride in the rain,  stainless doesn't like extreme temp changes.

why would you need dyno time, if the header is the same  :?:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »

make sure the header crack is the only problem and that the  bike makes the advertised HP.

Offline Pinky

• HO HO
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2007, 03:24:02 PM »
busamagic had the same problem
it cost him 25 to fix it
it was down on power too
T70 turbo w/ 60mm wastegate
Megasquirt EFI

Offline night ryder

• Rider
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »

make sure the header crack is the only problem and that the  bike makes the advertised HP.

well i would say fix the header, take it out, and if it still does not feel right then add the dyno cost. but seems to me that the buyer is trying to get every penny he can out of this

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »
i would agree that $1700 is ludicrous.

Offline Pinky

• HO HO
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2007, 03:35:15 PM »

well i would say fix the header, take it out, and if it still does not feel right then add the dyno cost. but seems to me that the buyer is trying to get every penny he can out of this
no it looks like he is tryin to be a fuckin thief and he really needs to step back and look at this deal
i wouldnt ever sell a turbo bike for that cheep
then he begs it down more
then cries like a bitch on this site (no offence greg but thats what it looks like)
its bullshit
fix the header at a weld shop that knows how to weld SS and it will be fine
hell RCC doesnt charge that much to fix it either

greg please quit being a prick and check the cost of a repair to the welder before you really look like the bad guy

Megasquirt EFI

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »
1700 was a quit est by a dealer for rcc to get header,take bike apart,reinstall header,retune...

650 for header,4-600 or so for labor and 400 to dyno tune...thats just the quote i got ok...

and yes a turbo ridden in rain with the stainless that hot then coldwould crack it
8.51 @166 so far....stay tuned

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »
oh and pinky get ur facts straight ..the header cant be re welded...all it will do is crack around the weld then..i talked to richard today and i know what im talkin about...

and yes when i bought my ultra bike the turbo backin plate broke....called dennis and dennis had me send turbo to him and he would have it fixed..they knew it was a problem on the t61..backin plates were made to thin....well on this deal now i have called dennis's shop and u never get a call back...richard will relace header if its with in the 2 yr date which he needs header to be able to tell...

and as for people wanting to say im whining...u all would do the same thing if ubought a bike for 10k and couldn ride it and was not was advertised....

like i have said from the beggining...i want the bike 251 hp like i bought it...ive looked up the ohio lemon law on rivate sales and there is steps to take....all i want done is it made right to me like terry said....i dont care if it cost 100 dollars or 1500 dollars...he said he would make it right and thats all i want period.....

oh and why dydno cost was because the header is on a ghetto kit....a rcc header may not be exactly the same so it will need tuning to make right...why put on a slightly diff header and end up burnin a piston or something from not tuning it to header

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:20:55 PM by from9rto1k »

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »
1700 was a quit est by a dealer for rcc to get header,take bike apart,reinstall header,retune...

650 for header,4-600 or so for labor and 400 to dyno tune...thats just the quote i got ok...

and yes a turbo ridden in rain with the stainless that hot then coldwould crack it

the last long run wasn't the run in the rain, i started to ride the bike one time after that, and got 2 blocks from my house and a freak downpoor popped out of no where, so i went 2 blocks turned around and came home, so bike wasn't that hot

and the way greg made it sound on the phone was that there was a hole in the pipe the size of a quarter or something,

and again i still ask, what parts are involved in an "ultra bike"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:23:15 PM by beefcake »
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2007, 04:27:46 PM »
ok but hot stainless gettin cooled off real quick is bad...like takin a old small block chevy with it hot and sprayin it with cold water...could crack the block...

for everyone on here who wants to voice the opinion cool...if u cant see all i want is the bike to do 251 hp like advertised like i bought then please let me find u guys when i wanna sell something..ill just make it to be something diff then when u get it i guess ull see how shitty it is...

like ive stated 100 times...i want 251 hp and a bike i can ride like advertised...

oh and a ultra kit is totally diff and this kit will be sold when i start a ultra bike..i just wanted something to finish the year on...no frame mods needed on a ultra kit...and what does me buildin a ultra in winter have to do with this...

my bitch,gripe,whine whatever u wanna call it is i want what i paid for

never made it sound like a hole..the weight of the turbo pulls the crack open especially when it gets hot....welded stainless like that will do nothing but crack next to the welds..

ultra kit includes....well a ultra turbo kit,full motor build,and tune by richard...pretty cut and dry..nothing from this kit will be on it...but i do need to finish my year of riding with this kit so i would like it to run properly

so there for with the header like this..its a good reason why bike made 157 on that dyno
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:33:08 PM by from9rto1k »

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2007, 04:38:24 PM »
ok but hot stainless gettin cooled off real quick is bad...like takin a old small block chevy with it hot and sprayin it with cold water...could crack the block...

for everyone on here who wants to voice the opinion cool...if u cant see all i want is the bike to do 251 hp like advertised like i bought then please let me find u guys when i wanna sell something..ill just make it to be something diff then when u get it i guess ull see how shitty it is...

like ive stated 100 times...i want 251 hp and a bike i can ride like advertised...

oh and a ultra kit is totally diff and this kit will be sold when i start a ultra bike..i just wanted something to finish the year on...no frame mods needed on a ultra kit...and what does me buildin a ultra in winter have to do with this...

my bitch,gripe,whine whatever u wanna call it is i want what i paid for

never made it sound like a hole..the weight of the turbo pulls the crack open especially when it gets hot....welded stainless like that will do nothing but crack next to the welds..

ultra kit includes....well a ultra turbo kit,full motor build,and tune by richard...pretty cut and dry..nothing from this kit will be on it...but i do need to finish my year of riding with this kit so i would like it to run properly

my point was, you told me you were buying the bike to convert it to an "ultra show bike", and you told me you were gonna be taking it apart right away and getting the stuff powdercoated while it was apart, i'll see if i have those emails as well, i know some of the stuff we discussed was already posted in some of the emails i already posted. the point is, if you are planning on putting everything new in the bike, while it's apart, get the header welded and ill gladly send you the $25 or $50 to weld it, or ship it to me, i'll pay shipping up and back, i've got a professisonal fab shop that will fix it, and i'll pay to fix it
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »
yes bike is apart right now actually..wheels are off and so are all small pieces..i just didnt send them anywhere cause i didnt know where this whole thing was gonna go..i woulda rather had u refund me and sell it to someone else like u said u coulda...

now i got a bad taste in my mouth about this bike like i did the 14...sold that cause it started off wrong...now ill probably sell this cause it started off wrong...i bought the bike to get on it and ride it for a few more months...but i want it how i paid for it...not a big deal....

but i see u all on this site think that im wrong for wantin what i paid for

Offline Pinky

• HO HO
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2007, 04:51:38 PM »
yes bike is apart right now actually..wheels are off and so are all small pieces..i just didnt send them anywhere cause i didnt know where this whole thing was gonna go..i woulda rather had u refund me and sell it to someone else like u said u coulda...

now i got a bad taste in my mouth about this bike like i did the 14...sold that cause it started off wrong...now ill probably sell this cause it started off wrong...i bought the bike to get on it and ride it for a few more months...but i want it how i paid for it...not a big deal....

but i see u all on this site think that im wrong for wantin what i paid for
not wrong just going at it a little wrong
he didnt know there was a problem and you act like its his fault and that he knew
which i doubt he did
he had posted that one thread here a while back
so he had never truely lied about anything
please dont feel im tryin to fight though ok
Megasquirt EFI

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2007, 05:15:13 PM »
well, i got an email that hayabusa 200 had made a post, thats louis i believe, but then it's been deleted already?

anyone see what was posted?
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline Hayabusa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »
Terry, this is Louie the guy who helped sell Johns bike and who sold the Ultra to Greg. Just for the record, the ultra that  I sold Greg was about as clean as you are going to get with a used bike,  and I doubt very much he would deny that, and ANYONE that knows me personally will vouch that I would rather take a hit on something than to screw someone over intentionally. The problem that Greg had with my Ultra was a fluke thing that I had "NO" idea existed. I do not  recall the time frame of how long after i sold the bike that Greg encountered the problem, but when it left my house I sold it with a 100% clear conscience.  If I remember correctly, the turbo backing plate came loose and the impeller got wiped out ( correct me if im wrong Greg). When that bike left my house there was nothing that indicated a problem, and it was something that I honestly never checked when going over my bike. Anyone who has had anything high performance knows that things can take a turn for the worse at anytime, and preventative maintenance is a big part of keeping it running, but obviously it was something I overlooked.  Now that I have heard second hand what can happen,  I will keep an eye on that with my new bike. If I thought for any reason there was a problem with the bike when I sold it , I would have either fixed it or credited Greg with money to fix it. Never once did I have an issue with Greg demanding money from me. He was very cool about it, upset of what happened, and rightly so,  but not pointing the blame on me. So just to let you know, I did not screw him and he never put the blame on me personally. Also with the bike that you bought off of John, that I helped sell, I tried my best to describe it, and relayed the information that I had from the owner to you. Remember this was not my bike, but a friends. All I know is that it was a respectable bike, which im sure you wont deny, and it ran fine when you picked it up. I just want you to know that I never did or will intentionally try to stick it to someone.   :wink:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 05:24:50 PM by Hayabusa200 »

Offline beefcake

• Post Whore
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2007, 05:25:46 PM »
Terry, this is Louie the guy who helped sell Johns bike and who sold the Ultra to Greg. Just for the record, the ultra that  I sold Greg was about as clean as you are going to get with a used bike,  and I doubt very much he would deny that, and ANYONE that knows me personally will vouch that I would rather take a hit on something than to screw someone over intentionally. The problem that Greg had with my Ultra was a fluke thing that I had "NO" idea existed. I do not  recall the time frame of how long after i sold the bike that Greg encountered the problem, but when it left my house I sold it with a 100% clear conscience.  If I remember correctly, the turbo backing plate came loose and the impeller got wiped out ( correct me if im wrong Greg). When that bike left my house there was nothing that indicated a problem, and it was something that I honestly never checked when going over my bike. Anyone who has had anything high performance knows that things can take a turn for the worse at anytime, and preventative maintenance is a big part of keeping it running, but obviously it was something I overlooked.  Now that I have heard second hand what can happen,  I will keep an eye on that with my new bike. If I thought for any reason there was a problem with the bike when I sold it , I would have either fixed it or credited Greg with money to fix it. Never once did I have an issue with Greg demanding money from me. He was very cool about it, upset of what happened, and rightly so,  but not pointing the blame on me. So just to let you know, I did not screw him and he never put the blame on me personally. Also with the bike that you bought off of John, that I helped sell, I tried my best to describe it, and relayed the information that I had from the owner to you. Remember this was not my bike, but a friends. All I know is that it was a respectable bike, which im sure you wont deny, and it ran fine when you picked it up. I just want you to know that I never did or will intentionally try to stick it to someone.

i never said he was actually screwed, i said he claimed he was screwed, and he even posted in here about all the "problems" he had with his last bike, i believe you listed the bike in clear conscience as i relisted it in clear conscience. the bike rode as great the last day i rode it as the first day i rode it, i guess i just don't know how a turbo is supposed to feel, cuz to me the bike felt frikin nasty , on the painted parts and stuff he complained about, just like john said, you order the arm black, chrome, or polished, i would have even thought that was something to think about, john said he mailed me the one little corner sticker that got rubbed and i should have it in a day or two and i will forward it to greg. as far as what john told me today that you told him, i can only go by what he said, he told me that you said he called you up complaining about the turbo right away,

again, i loved the bike when i first saw it, thats why i offered john $500 more for the bike than someone else offered him, and i loved the bike when i sold it, but i'm buying a 45k car that most people are buying for 55k+ and i'm getting it for $42k, thats the only reason i sold it. to me there was no indication of anything wrong, even when the dyno thing happened i posted in here how i got fuked by the chopper shop just as someone mentioned as i was pretty pi$$ed at them
2011 Mustang GT 7.71@178
2015 Mustang GT 8.86@153

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2007, 06:13:34 PM »
louie i agree 100 percent and have posted in here buyin ur bike may have  spoiled me to the clean part of buyin used..bike was perfect...yes backin plate broke and louie stepped up 100 percent and said he would back up 100 percent of what it cost..just so happened that it was a known problem and fixed for free..

louie did not come on here tellin the whole board that his bike made 157 hp on a dyno yet sellin it at a 251 hp....

terry when u saw 157 hp u shoulda right then had it checked to see if there was something wrong before u sold it at 251 hp...bottom line u admitted u saw it low on power and didnt know why but never checked or had someone check before i bought it...

and this 157 hp was never brought up to me till u posted it here...if i had known that i would have been more sceptical on buying the bike and maybe not have bought at all...but u werent honest there and like i said 157 hp u shoulda seen a problem and corrected before the sale...

u dont need to be a turbo guy or anything else to know if a dyno comes up 157 maybe something should be checked..if my bike was down 100 hp id be checkin till i found it....

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2007, 06:15:32 PM »
oh and terry i bought rear pegs and brackets cause i dont wanna have bike fixed and not be able to take the girlfriend for a ride so i payed for a set already no need for u to go out of ur way to get the ones i was promised with bike

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2007, 06:51:38 PM »
now i got a bad taste in my mouth about this bike like i did the 14...sold that cause it started off wrong...now ill probably sell this cause it started off wrong...

No - you just sound like a head case... :thumb:

Offline from9rto1k

• Post Master
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2007, 06:53:59 PM »
whatever u wanna call it....just sucks all around..i just wanted a bike i could pull off truck and ride and no have to deal with issues within first 1 mile of riding