Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: AFTERMARKET WHEELS  (Read 1007 times)

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
AFTERMARKET WHEELS
« on: July 19, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »
What is the average gain in e.t. in a 1/4 mile with after market wheels on a stock busa vs stock busa with stock wheels? Just curious to see what kind of difference they might make. You hear people talk about rotating mass but does it matter in the real world?

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
Re: AFTERMARKET WHEELS
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
bump

Offline reaper0995

• Post Master
    • my turbo project
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »
they might, but buying them for this reason would be a bad choice IMHO.  if you wanted some bling or bragging rights, then they would be great!  but yeah, for $2k, you can do a LOT more better for your money :lol:  i would think that tires would have more to do with 1/4 than the wheels they ride on...

dont have evidence to back it up, but it just doesnt seem like it would help too terribly much.  especially if you were to get an aftermarket exhaust, you would have like $3200+ in those alone, and maybe gain 3-4 tenths.  a turbo is barely more and would knock off a second or more.

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 08:40:16 PM »
In theory, you should see some gains...  In practice, that's another thing all together.  :D

I installed ceramic bearings in my stock wheels a few years ago.  Zip, nada, nothing gained at the track (the bike was easier to push, though  :lol: ).  Later down the road, I replaced the stock wheels (with ceramic bearings still in them) with my Carrozerria wheels that are on the bike now.  Again, ZERO gains netted at the track.

The person who bought my old wheels to replace his saw no gain from the ceramic bearings either, and his wheel bearings on his old wheels were SHOT.

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 08:55:10 PM »
I saw an average of .09 gain when going to Marchessinis. An expensive tenth :lol: Wheels are a mod to go for when you have exhausted your basic changes and your looking for all the et you can get :thumb: