Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Details of Danno's Mishap  (Read 10467 times)

Offline The Bus Driver

• Rider
Details of Danno's Mishap
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2002, 11:43:00 PM »
Hey, buddy, get well... glad you made it with the bumps and bruises... and that leg thing... aahhh, the stories you'll tell.

Offline oldtimer

• Rider
    • http://none
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2002, 05:28:00 AM »
Thanks so much fulltilt for the update! Give Danno my best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.  His angel was working overtime!  

Offline HOG SLYR

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2002, 02:00:00 PM »
626 851-6180 and when ya get the voice mail press 0 and ask the operator for Dan Ross. I just talked to him and he sounded good but was waiting to hear if they needed to do more surgery on his leg.

Offline markand justin

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2002, 06:52:00 PM »
glad to here hes all right fuckers got more lives than a cat.split sec is all it takes. hope u get better soon .
what were dealing with here is just a total dis respect for the law.when i get home im going to punch your mama right in the mouth.

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2002, 05:54:00 PM »
Hey I went to visit Dan at Kaiser Baldwin Park Tuesday night. Here are more details from the incident. Balboa Bl. @ the 101 in Reseda, CA.
Dan was going about 40+ when he impacted and spun the SUV around 180 degrees. This is probably why he ended up close to his bike. When he attempted to reach the bike to shut it off, he realized his leg was twisted around next to him (ewww). Also, his Garmin Etrex GPS unit landed nearby and he was able to reach it. Dan cleared... uh, a number from the GPS but doesn't remember what happened to it. The GPS may have been purloined.     (I am working on getting contact numbers for the police report and so we can retrieve the bike.)
  Somebody trying to remove Dan's Shoei wasn't exactly being gentle about it....Dan exclaimed
"Whoa - don't need my ears ripped off too, pal!"

Dan remembers the ambulance ride being quite rough "...didn't feel like there were any shocks on it" so that was quite painful. His leathers and helmet were transported with him. He is being given Demerol and a blood-thinning agent. He has 4 incisions and a 12" titanium rod in his left leg. At the topmost incision the doctors tried to install screws into the rod, however, Dan's muscles spasms were unscrewing it!  
"Conan, what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"