Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 04 busa lost power  (Read 4893 times)

Offline yosimdisam

• Rider
04 busa lost power
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:41:03 PM »
Im new on here and I have a 2004 busa limited, hindle exhaust, k&n filter, and a tune done by the local dyno shop here in birmingham, al. The bike made 164 rwhp. This spring I got it out and had a little tire left so I drove a couple hundered miles to finish it off, well before I put a new tire on it the bike felt like it lost some power, My bike is lowered and it use to power willie in 1st gear and it stoped doing that and it felt slower well i figured it was spining, I go and put a new piliot tire on there and it still feels slower maby even slower well I checked the filter, plugs, every thing looked great so I said ill go to the track and see if I run the same times that I always have ran, well on the way to the track my friend has a 2006 gsxr 1000 and he wanted to play on the interstate and I BARLEY pulled away from him his is completely stock so i knew something was wrong, I go to the track and last year i was running 6.40s to 6.50s this time the best time i got was like a 6.80 and then a 6.78, does anybody know what could be wrong with my bike? I had a guy tell me that a stock computer will only hold a tune for so long, and thats whats wrong with it, does he know what hes talking about? and help would be great. My friend said my bike was smoking a little when I reved it up, thanks for any info

Offline yosimdisam

• Rider
Re: 04 busa lost power
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:57:36 PM »
Does anybody have any kind of idea what it coould be?

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:29:51 PM »
bike coulfd have dropped a map, fuel filter in tank could be clogged and injector may need cleaninf. this is a good start. have air fuel ration checked. Big #1 dyno okay but victory cycles in hoover is cheaper but u have to tune yourself. they have software just not that good using it on busa's
have to bring a A$$ to whip a A$$!!!!

Offline yosimdisam

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »
Ive been told by one guy that it prolly dropped the map and I went to russells speed shop and he said hes never heard of that, but were going to check the air/fuel and do a couple of dyno pulls and see whats changed. thanks for the info

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »
post in the general section for more response :thumb:

Offline Rapstar

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »
Could it be the hot weather?My last two bikes FZ1,and SV1000 both felt like i was loosing 10-15hp every time the temp went above 80 ish! just my 2 cents!