Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: AMS-1000 ins was:Turbo 1000 will not start, PLEASE HELP!!! ***PING EVERYONE***  (Read 18687 times)

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
Re: Turbo 1000 will not start, PLEASE HELP!!! ***PING EVERYONE***
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »
What do the plugs look like?

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »

yea I Agree.. at this point pulling a plug may be the most telling piece of the puzzle.
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 01:39:12 PM »

What would looking at the plugs of a motor that has never fired up or ran do????? 

OK, I installed a fuel pressure gauge, I have 0 PSI...  I guess that's like having BAD NEWS that is really GOOD NEWS?!?!?!?!  Well the needle jumps a little, but not even to 1 psi.  Might be the pump vibrating.  The pump cycles when i turn the key on, but I get no fuel pressure.  I doubt the brand new Autometer Fuel Pressure gauge is broke, as I have never seen one broke that is new, since they are all individually tested.

Guess I need to call Dave and see what's up.

The PUMP he sent me had a plug from an 01 Gixxer, I had to change the plug back to 2004 Gixxer, but wires were color coded the same.  So what could be the problem???????
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:41:18 PM by 1BadAssBusa »
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 01:54:25 PM »
When I changed the new pump, i had to install a 2004 plug, as stated above.  I just spoke to PINKY (Chris Horoho) and he made a good point, if it's got the wires crossed the pump will come on and make no pressure, as it will be turning the wrong way.  The wires on the old plug and new one are the same, so I just hooked them up the same way.  But I guess for some silly reason, this being aftermarket, possibly something is off.  Or possibly it's wired differently on the inside????

I will try switching the wires, just need to figure out which is witch????  As there are 3 wires....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:57:08 PM by 1BadAssBusa »
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 01:56:16 PM »
If you crank an engine for 5 minutes with no spark and plenty of fuel pressure you would have wet plugs, that would let you know there is fuel.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 01:56:33 PM »
Pinch the return line and see if the pressure goes up maybe the regulator is not seating. or you may have a blockage in the supply line to the pump or you may just not have enough gas in it for the pickup.
Life is to short to worry about what everybody else thinks.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »
is the pump labeled with + and -, put a voltmeter on your wires and see which wire is which from the bike, then match it up on the pump
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »
Well I put the fitting in the return side of the fuel system, not the pressure side.  So I need to put the pressure gauge somewhere else.......

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline Pinky

• HO HO
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 04:09:42 PM »
Well I put the fitting in the return side of the fuel system, not the pressure side.  So I need to put the pressure gauge somewhere else.......

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
joey give me a call when you have time
and quit stressing so much bro
i have a few ideas for you
T70 turbo w/ 60mm wastegate
Megasquirt EFI

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »
OK, Chris.  I might have too stay away from it for the rest of the day though, I am going too fucking freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the factory fitting was the return and the new fitting was the pressure side, guess I was wrong.......  This sux.  But I spoke to Dave and that's the return, which would show no pressure to begin with.  Which I couldn't tell since it's not a regulator I have seen before.  Now i have to go plug that hole and find a new place to T-off off...

Dave made a good point, I could pull the secondary fuel rail out and spray some WD-40 into the cylinders and it should try to start, if it does, then the problem is fuel, not spark....

Dave
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 05:19:18 PM »
OK, it's NOT the fuel pump.  I crimped the return line and the pressure shot right up to 60 PSI.

I also pulled the secondary injectors off and sprayed WD-40 and Brake Parts cleaner into each cyclinder.  Either should have started it, it didn't even attempt to fire or cough, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not pulling the plenum off today, but it look like we can saftly assume it's not getting spark.

OK, what could be causing this???  Does the cam sensor have anything to do with this????  What could be unplugged that could be causing NO SPARK????

I never touched the HALL EFFECT sensor in the starter assembly and the rotor for it only goes on one way, so I can't see there being an issue there.  I haven't checked the CAM SENSOR, but I am sure that pin is pressed in pretty tight and wouldn't come lose.  But I may be wrong.

Before I pull the plenum again, what can I try once it's off????  I can check spark and measure the cam sensor pin, anything else.....
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline Over200

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »
Hmmmm...Maybe us dummies aren't so Dumb!! :wink:
How much for the whole pie...2..3..4..5?

Offline Over200

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »
I know you said you don't have an ignition kill....Which come to find out was a problem I had....But it sounds exactly the same...So I say most Likely Ignition/Spark issue...Not fuel.

:ppcrn:

How much for the whole pie...2..3..4..5?

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
I know you said you don't have an ignition kill....Which come to find out was a problem I had....But it sounds exactly the same...So I say most Likely Ignition/Spark issue...Not fuel.

you da man

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 05:53:51 PM »
It's NOT the PC III.....    :x :x :x :x

well that's good actually..  Now you don't have to buy another PC III    :D

check your pm.  I have some ideas. 

this one is SIMPLE guys..    Has to be.

Once its figured out, you're gonna be like... Oh damn.. I can't believe I did all this work and chased this around everywhere and that's all it was..   :lol: :lol:

been there, done that..

It's the simple overlooked shit that totally eats ur ass up!

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »

Once its figured out, you're gonna be like... Oh damn.. I can't believe I did all this work and chased this around everywhere and that's all it was..   :lol: :lol:

been there, done that..

oh so true   ^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »
Most of the electronic stuff will give fault codes, things like unpluged cam sensor , probably same for faulty cam sensor and maybe if the pin is incorrect height and the ecu gets a crank signal but no cam signal it will also show a fault (can anyone verify)
Try cranking the bike while crimping the fuel return, if you have a measurable 60 psi while cranking and it still does nothing then you can be sure the fuel side is ok.
Also have you checked the fuses ?
Official Site Donor

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »

Once its figured out, you're gonna be like... Oh damn.. I can't believe I did all this work and chased this around everywhere and that's all it was..   :lol: :lol:

been there, done that..

You have too be so right on this!!!!  It HAS TO BE something simple......   FASTGIXX I'll give u a call in a little bit!!!!   :thumb:
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2007, 07:05:16 PM »
Most of the electronic stuff will give fault codes, things like unpluged cam sensor , probably same for faulty cam sensor and maybe if the pin is incorrect height and the ecu gets a crank signal but no cam signal it will also show a fault (can anyone verify)
Try cranking the bike while crimping the fuel return, if you have a measurable 60 psi while cranking and it still does nothing then you can be sure the fuel side is ok.
Also have you checked the fuses ?

Actually I am making good pressure!!!  I know it's spark since I shot WD-40 and Brake Parts Cleaner (both work as starting fluid) in threw the secondarys.  The motor didn't even try to start.  That tells me theres no spark.....
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline Iz

• Post Master
  • "Speed through Lethal Chemistry"
    • Toys I build
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »
I think someone metioned this already but in Trying to help a fellow biker out... Pull a plug wire and spark plug , Plug the spark plug into the wire lay it on the valvecover
and try to start if you aint got spark you know it then for sure..
 Just another though im not sure on 1000s but didnt you say you had a cam in the wrong way? Pinky will Valve shit on a 1000 if the cam is out that far? Could run a quick compression test to tell that part..

Good luck man  :thumb:

Iz
Iz
IsraelSweeney@comcast.net
"At the GAP"

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2007, 08:08:47 PM »
If the cam was out exactly 180deg no they wont hit if they were out like 90deg yes they will hit bending the valves.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »
well,  whats the latest on the 1000?

did you check all the fuses like OzBooster said?

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2007, 12:30:31 AM »

gsxturbo is right.  180 degrees out they don't hit, just no compression is built.  Since both valves are open during the comrpession stroke.  You can't put a cam 90 degrees out, unless you drop it in wrong.  So not an issue if you are careful.

I check the fuses, only 1 fuse was blowm the FUEL Fuse, does this operate the fuel pump or the entire fuel system injectors and all???  I replaced it with one of the spares, it did nothing.  As the fuel pump was working before.....

I need to pull the plenum and leave it off untill I get this bitch running....I had company tonight, so I had to stop.  Going to the lake with a girl I met tomorrow at 10AM.  So HOPEFULLY I don't touch the bike tomorrow either...   :wink:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 12:32:11 AM by 1BadAssBusa »
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline gsxturbo

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?wish i knew
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2007, 12:39:04 AM »

gsxturbo is right.  180 degrees out they don't hit, just no compression is built.  Since both valves are open during the comrpession stroke.  You can't put a cam 90 degrees out, unless you drop it in wrong.  So not an issue if you are careful.

I check the fuses, only 1 fuse was blowm the FUEL Fuse, does this operate the fuel pump or the entire fuel system injectors and all???  I replaced it with one of the spares, it did nothing.  As the fuel pump was working before.....

I need to pull the plenum and leave it off untill I get this bitch running....I had company tonight, so I had to stop.  Going to the lake with a girl I met tomorrow at 10AM.  So HOPEFULLY I don't touch the bike tomorrow either...   :wink:
Well the fuel pump fuse i think goes to the pump relay witch is the main power for the relay so you may have a pinched wire going to your fuel pump or the pump is shorting out for some reason but since you have been moving stuff around you might check the fuse in the starter relay and make sure its not blown.

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2007, 12:47:54 AM »
I fixed the fuse and it doesn't pop now. something must have grounded..  But seems fine now.....
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"