Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: AMS-1000 ins was:Turbo 1000 will not start, PLEASE HELP!!! ***PING EVERYONE***  (Read 18688 times)

Offline Jailer

• Post Whore
New motor I would definitely put my money on air in the system.

Now that you got it running, get working on that ARC-2 testing you are going to do.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :D

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
New motor I would definitely put my money on air in the system.

Now that you got it running, get working on that ARC-2 testing you are going to do.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :D

Rich Stedman will not be back from INDY until Wensday, then he will get too my motor.  Then I can Test the ARC-2......
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
good job on the fix, 1BadAssBusa!
 :beechug:

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore

I knew it was a stupid problem, that once I found it I was going to be like DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I need to checl over other peoples work better, as checking those sprockets was my responsibility and i forgot.  Well i will never make that mistake again!!!!!!!
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
Glad you got it sorted out but I'll miss this thread . It was getting to be like Days of or Lives .

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore

So it seems that FastGixx was able to diagnose the problem over the phone from miles and miles away?  He even found the blown fuse as well, good lQQkin out.

Great Job FastGixx!! :thumb:

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore

So it seems that FastGixx was able to diagnose the problem over the phone from miles and miles away?  He even found the blown fuse as well, good lQQkin out.

J

I was just sitting around, not doing anything................LOL

FastGixx now offers over the phone Dyno Tuning also, but you need your own O2 sniffer...........LOL
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore

J

I was just sitting around, not doing anything................LOL

FastGixx now offers over the phone Dyno Tuning also, but you need your own O2 sniffer...........LOL

Thats exactly what you were doing when you called!  LOL.   Pissed about the bike.  I don't blame you.. I would have been pissed too and I have been there.  Some annoying shit that will drive you nuts.

But yea the only thing I did was suggest to check the obvious.  Stator wires, fuses, and once you cranked the bike after you replaced the fuse I immediately mentioned that it sounded like the cams were in it wrong.   Hey I was just feeling helpful that day and was trying to help you get your stuff sorted.  I am glad it's fixed now and you didn't do any damage cranking it with screwed up cam timing.

Look at the bright side of things..  At least now you know where the fuse box is on that bike.  :D :thumb:

As far as the dyno tuning goes, my bike is closed loop and tunes it's self.  :D

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
Pics of the AMS-1000 install..........

Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Pics of the AMS-1000 install..........

Hate to sound like an azz however after the last debacle have you checked the fuses?

Also, did the bike have the AMS-1000 before when FastGixx was helping you or is the AMS a recent addition?

Have you emailed/called Sebby?

J

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
Joey are you building race bikes or collector bikes?

If race,  what kind of racing?   Are we gonna see you down at maxton?

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Joey are you building race bikes or collector bikes?

If race,  what kind of racing?   Are we gonna see you down at maxton?

From LQQking at the Zip tyes I would guess race bikes??

J

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
Well I think Walter K has the fastest bike in the North East right? 

He's from joizy too!! 

Joey hope you got big balls!!  Walter is fast!   :D

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
SPEED KING:  The fuse was never the problem. And I alone knew before I pulled the motor apart what the problem was.  Actually the ONLY person to diagnois the problem was PINKY.  Plus it was an honest mistake, I figured everything was pressed on correctly, I assumed the job was done right before me.  That's my problem, I relied on someone else.  So when you say when Fast Gixx was helping me, he knew something sounded wrong, but I was wearing a BLUETROOTH headset, no way to hear the problem that way, he just KNEW it sounded wrong.  His main idea was the CAM SENSOR PIN, not the CAM out of TIMING.

The reason I cleared this up is SK after that last comment, I really needed too: "Hate to sound like an azz however after the last debacle have you checked the fuses?  Also, did the bike have the AMS-1000 before when FastGixx was helping you or is the AMS a recent addition? Have you emailed/called Sebby?"

Let me clear this UP!!!!  THE ONLY MISTAKE I MADE WAS RELYING ON SOMEONE ELSES WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Every other motor I have put together, I have had APE Press on the sprockets I bought from them or the motor already had sprockets installed correctly.  So my mistake was not dopuble checking something I have overlooked countless times.  YES IT WAS A MISTAKE, ONE I WILL NEVER MAKE AGAIN!!!!!!  But the questions you posed me SK are obviously meant for someone else.  Read the Thread, before I found the problem, I mentioned in the thread what I thought it was.  I EVEN SAID 180 degrees off on tyhe INTAKE CAM, not just the CAMS ARE OFF, I KNEW WHICH ONE FROM THE SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wanted help in case it was something else EASY that it could possibly be and was willing to try anything before pulling the motor again...  Fast Gixx is the person who suggested I leave the intake off until I diagnois the problem.  And I was SOOOO GRATEFUL that he actually took the time out of his own day to help me over the phone, so I never really cleared stuff up.  But now I really just have too, as this thread has gone in a dissappointing direction.......

I can install an AMS-1000 in my sleep.  I hooked up an AMS-1000, TIC-1000, MT-8 and WIDEBAND COMMANDER in my STAGE II BUSA, did it ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!  That's well over 100 connections.  Bike fired on the 2nd crank over.  EVERYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!  I installed an ACCEL DFI in a Grand National 10 YEARS AGO, that needed to rewire the ENTIRE factory harness.  That car firsed up first shoot, without a single problem.  I'm not just good with electronics, I can install anything with instructions.

Dam someone makes an honest mistake and they are talked too like a newbie.................. LOL   SK, I am in NO WAY mad, I just needed to clear things up, because obviously people have the wrong idea.  As I said in the begining, this problem is going to be a VERY SIMPLE ONE that will make you say DUH when you find it.......  And it was, a SIMPLE MISTAKE!!!!!!!!  But by going on about, you're really infering that the problem rests in my skills and not in the fact (as hard as it is to believe) I am ONLY HUMAN!!!!!!

Fast Gixx: Every bike I build I a RACE/STREET Bike, I don't build collectors.  But if you are refering too the Zip Ties (bar ties) they are there temporary for 2 reasons.  I want too make sure that it fits in there, as I have not installed the nose over it yet. I measured, but that's not certain once it's in there.  Also I will be riding today and I wanted it done.  Over the winter attic dowg is going to make a really nice aluminum mount at work for this, so far everything is a template of what's too come.

Plus, if parts are completely hidden from view, but get pulled out now and then, I think on a race bike Zip Ties are completely acceptable. 

The Zip Ties you see on the AMS-1000 are not holding it down or securing it, they are holding it in place for the time being, as it's locations forcesd the speedo to hold it in place.  I will remove them later after the install is complete.  At that point the wires hold it down and keep it from vibrating.  There is also industrial VELCRO under the AMS-1000 fastening it too a piece os Aluminum plate 1/8 thick that you can't see.......

Don't judge a work of art with what it takes to get there, only the final product counts for anything..........  I do most things twice, just to make it perfect.  If I had another bike to ride right now I would have built all the parts at one time, but riding is more important too me than a few Zip Ties that will be hidden and the onnly possible way you will see them is from under the nose, once it's installed........

And as for BIG ENOUGH BALLS I have that covered........  Not planning on MAXTON, but I may go and try it out.  Not really building the bike for that, as I would use a stock length BUSA for a Speed Bike.  But you need to ask anyone who actually knows me, I'm crazy bordering on retarded!!!!  I broke and/or fractured all my ribs in my 125MPH stunt riding crash, riding my 1st 2004 GSXR1000.  This bike you see it's replacement.  I saw someone ride passed me 3 days after I destroyed my 2 week old GSXR1000 and 3 days after the crash I bought a brand new one and RODE IT HOME MYSELF!!!!!!!!  As soon as I hit the HIGHWAY, I puicked the front tire right up and rode a wheeleie at 100MPH for 1/8 mile.  WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!  Just to PROVE TO MYSELF I still had balls!!!!

I LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE and I WILL DIE ON THE BACK OF A BIKE!!!!!!!!

Most ridiers don't like to hear that, but I have accepted what I do for fun will end me someday and still LOVE every minute until then.......   What do you think is the reason for building a 300HP stock length, stock height Gixxer????  200MPH WHEELEIES!!!!!!  I want to see what that feels like!!!!!!  I have wheelied up too 135MPH on speedo, I want to see what GHOST RIDER does whelliening at those speeds.........   :shock: :shock: :shock:

I also don't have a wife or children, and i am not a selfish person, so when I do "settle down" I may change a little and tone things down........

I just don't say such things, because I know someone is going to jump down my throat about it and I will be forced to defend myself....  But everytime you break the speed limit, you JUST AS BAD as riding a 200MPH Wheelie, breaking the law is breaking the law, the degree doesn't matter....  And there is NOTHING SAFE ABOUT MOTORCYCLES, so safty is a NON-ISSUE, rider skill and PURE LUCK are all that count!!!!!

OPNCE AGAIN, THANX AGAIN, EVERYONE for dealing with me as I was going crazy.  It's funny I figured EVERYTHING out myself, but with out you guys giving me things I could check to get my mind off of things, I would have went CRAZY!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST for dealing with my bitching and belly aching!!!!!!!

BTW:  I was so impressed with how Quickly Atticdog (Jay) picked up everything I thought him (not too mention he is one of the best and most honest people I know), I asked him to be partenrs in my business:  R.P.M. Racing  aka; Ruthless Performance Motorsports...  So be on the look out for our bikes to be hitting thge streets by next summer!!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 09:13:25 AM by 1BadAssBusa »
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
honestly that was just to much for me to read.

i never passed judgement on your mounting or installation of anything though..

glad your bike is fixed.  get it to the track!   :thumb:

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
honestly that was just to much for me to read.

i never passed judgement on your mounting or installation of anything though..

glad your bike is fixed.  get it to the track!   :thumb:

FastGixx, never said you did....  It was more SKs remark that gave me pause..........  Not that I was MAD per say, just felt things needed to be clearified.........
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
I don't think SK meant that there was anything wrong with tie straps though.

just an observation..   

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
I love muh fukin Zip Ties  :twisted:  8)  :wink:  :thumb:
"You're Only Limited, By Your Own Mind..." My Home Page 
I built the Motor and the Turbo System. RIP {CDK} 11-11-08 I miss you...

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore

just an observation..   

Actually it was the comment about calling Seb. to hook up the AMS-1000 that got me......

What would the world be without Zip Ties????  APART!!!!
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore

just an observation..   

Actually it was the comment about calling Seb. to hook up the AMS-1000 that got me......

Relax and take a breater, it did seem funny that you are commenting about the Sebby/AMS1000 and yet you came on a forum and told everyone that you were having a problem with it.  I would have thought you would have asked a pro like Seb.

Well glad you got it figured out. :thumb:

Take care and see everyone in a week.

Gone Racing!!

J

PS, Zip ties rule!

J

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore

just an observation..   

Relax and take a breater, it did seem funny that you are commenting about the Sebby/AMS1000 and yet you came on a forum and told everyone that you were having a problem with it.  I would have thought you would have asked a pro like Seb.

SK I have no idea what you're talking about???  When in this post did I say I needed help installing an AMS-1000???  Only problem I have EVER had with an AMS-1000 is I got a BAD ONE once and needed Seb. to fix it.  Seriously dude, you really have me mistaken for someone else.........LOL  As I would not think twice about re-pinning a MOTEC harness, an AMS-1000 is not going to give me much pause..........LOL

I do feel better now, realizing you're thinking of someone else.................  Although sometimes I do fly off the handle, sorry for that....  You can call me anything you want, just don't say I not any good with bikes (actually anything with a motor in it).....LOL  OH, don't call me late for dinner!!!!!!!!!  LOL

ZIP TIES DO IN FACT RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!              LOL
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
If it wasn't for Zip Ties, 1/2 my bodywork on my 4wheeler, would fall off  :lol:

"You're Only Limited, By Your Own Mind..." My Home Page 
I built the Motor and the Turbo System. RIP {CDK} 11-11-08 I miss you...