Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Brainerd The "BIG RACE" Rules & Regulations...  (Read 12929 times)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Brainerd The "BIG RACE" Rules & Regulations...
« on: November 25, 2002, 08:03:00 PM »
Brainerd International Raceway
The “BIG RACE”
Rules and Regulations

The “BIG RACE” rules and regulations will be using current rulebooks in effect that govern the classes in which the racer is a member of for that particular class.  All V-twin style motorcycles will use the AHDRA rulebook as its governing standards.
All import motorcycles will use the AMA/Prostar rulebook as its governing standards.
Any items of difference or importance will be listed below.

Both rulebooks can be downloaded from either the www.AMAProstar.com website and the www.ahdra.com website.

The current NHRA rulebook will govern all procedural rules.

ALL pro classes with the exception of pro-stock will be run on a 32 bike ladder
if the entries warrant it.

All classes and all races will use the 7-second auto start feature in all qualifiers and eliminations.  

All motorcycles will pass over the 2-inch bar by rolling over the bar at the scales regardless without rider with no less than 10 lbs of air pressure in the rear tire.  Obstruction by the ballistic blanket will not be counted.

All Pro-Classes and any motorcycle using Nitrous Oxide must have a Ballistic blanket or a belly pan capable of holding 4 quarts of oil in the event of catastrophic failure installed.

TOP FUEL:

·   The current AMA/Prostar and AHDRA rulebooks will govern class rules and standards.
·   The Top Fuel class will have payouts down to the final 16

Pro-Modified - Pro-Fuel - Funny Bike:

·   The current AMA/Prostar and AHDRA rulebooks will govern class rules and standards.

Pro-Drag – Pro-Gas – Top Gas:

Pro-Stock:

·   The current AMA/Prostar, NHRA and AHDRA rulebooks will govern class rules and standards.
·   This class will race opposite ladders for HD and Import.  The finals will be the winner of the HD ladder and the winner of the import ladder.
·   Both 2 valve and 4 valve rules apply for AMA/Prostar and NHRA.  Either motor may be used.

Pro-Street – Hot Rod Cruisers:

·   The current AMA/Prostar and AHDRA rulebooks with these exceptions will govern class rules and standards.
1.   Air shifters are allowed
2.   The weight break will be 5.5lbs per cubic inch.  1 cubic inch = 16.387 cubic centimeters.  Example: 1800 cc’s = 109.843 ci = 604.13 lbs as the weight break.
·   Ballistic Blankets not required in this class.

Super Modified:

·   The current AHDRA rulebook will govern class rules and standards.

INDEX Classes:

·   All index classes will run with a shaded tree.
·   Any motorcycle that runs in any of the index classes will be governed by the class rules for that particular type of motorcycle only as far as safety equipment is concerned.

PRO - E.T.:

·   All electronic boxes are allowed in this class.
·   Class rules and standards for the current AMA/Prostar and AHDRA rulebooks will govern any given motorcycle only as far as safety equipment is concerned.
·   Will run a .500 tree
·   Slicks and bars allowed.

Street E.T.:

·   NO Delay boxes are allowed on, or even mounted to the motorcycle.
·   Class rules and standards for the current AMA/Prostar and AHDRA rulebooks will govern any given motorcycle only as far as safety equipment is concerned.
·   Will run a .500 tree
·   Slicks and bars allowed.  (yes…you read correctly)

Juniors:

·   All juniors will be run together.

SHOOTOUT E.T.:

·   NO Delay boxes are allowed on, or even mounted to the motorcycle.
·   All dial-ins must be between 8.0 seconds and 17.0 seconds.
·   Will run a .500 tree
·   Slicks and bars allowed.

Only 1 bike and 1 rider allowed per class

Any class rule or safety consideration not mentioned above would be at the sole discretion of the Tech officials for that governing class.

HD Tech official
Steve Vickers

Import Tech Official
Guy Caputo

The “Big Race”, its officials or Brainerd International Raceway for this event, is not affiliated in any way or manner with AMA/Prostar, AHDRA, NHRA or IHRA.  The rulebooks for use as standards are the current rulebooks in effect for the sanctioning bodies of AMA/Prostar and the AHDRA.  Any rule that is not found to apply to a particular situation will be differed to the Race Director for consideration.

There are no Protest, teardowns or technical disqualifications that will be considered unless it is defined in the AMA/Prostar or AHDRA rulebooks unless described as a procedural rule in the NHRA rulebook.  Once the tower sets a ladder, there will be no changes.
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline ATLbusa

• Post Master
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
Did you say bars and slicks allowed in the street et class?

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 10:10:00 PM »
In the "big race" what electronics are not allowed? two step? throttle stops?, air shifters and kill box? ,delay boxs(obvious) , auto shifters? What? need to be clear on this before traveling clean across the US for a race. no mph limit for diaper? just NOS? I know, I know, this is peliminary rules but we need to know , ASAP    .
MY MOMMA TOLD ME I WAS SLOW!!! What did she mean ?

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 06:53:00 AM »
It was the obvious. Delay boxes.  For the Ballistic blankets, it was just what it said:

Pro classes (except pro-street HD) and Nitrous bikes.  We want speed and record breaking runs.  Thats why the rules are so loose.  It's almost a "Run what you brung" kind of race.  Except a ton of CA$H

And oh yea, Slicks and Bars are exactly what you read correctly.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 02:31:00 PM »
$20,000 for an ET race.  Now thats racing!

Whom ever doesn't give this a try can not possibly be called a racer.  They are paying out to the Top 8 and you have 2 chances to win Big dollars by signing up for the Street ET or the Pro ET race also.  

This race is going to be an historic event.  Imagine Top Fuelers from HD and Imports battling for $18,000 in payouts.  How about Pro-Stock Bikes from NHRA battling Pro-stock bikes from HD with each running against themselves on each side of the ladder and the finals will determine a HD against an Import.  

We are only going to take 1000 entries and thats it!!!  No more.  We already have entry inquiries from Austrailia, U.K., and Japan.  This is no ordinary race.  You saw the rules, read em again.  You can run almost whatever you want.  This is a race to end all races and we are hoping to make this as famous as the Daytona 500 or the Sturgis Rally.  C'mon folks, the pre-registration form will be in the website in days.  For God sakes, don't miss this chance to be a part of history.

WWW.birbigrace.com

If anyone has any questions, you can e-mail me at GuyCaputo@aol.com

This is your big chance for fame and fortune.  This is guaranteed $$$$  You have better odds than the lotto and you actually can control your outcome.  What have you got to lose?  

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2Wheeler

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 03:49:00 PM »
I will be there.        
I have never heard of a Street ET class that allowed slicks and wheelie bars. That's an interesting concept.
Can anyone enter the Shootout ET class?
The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 05:57:00 PM »
2wheeler,

Class rules and standards for the current AMA/Prostar and AHDRA rulebooks will govern ..."any given motorcycle"... only as far as safety equipment is concerned.

What do you think?

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2Wheeler

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2002, 06:12:00 PM »
I have never been to a AHDRA race. I have been to one Pro Star race. I don't believe you can run slicks and bars in Street Et at Pro Star races. I raced IDBA and PMRA No slicks or bars in Street ET. I don't really care one way or the other. Who knows, it may keep someone from flipping their bike at the starting line. I just never heard of it in Street ET before.

The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2002, 06:26:00 PM »
We're breaking new ground here.  we want records and fast racing.  We want everyone to have a place to race and bring pretty much whatever they have.
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2Wheeler

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2002, 07:59:00 AM »
Are the dates posted correct? July 21 through July 27. Will the racers get on the track evey day?

Offline Fast Frank

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2002, 12:26:00 PM »
Where is Brainerd?  
01' Black/Silver,lots of mods
204+ @ Maxton

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2002, 12:53:00 PM »
Minnesota  

Offline ATLbusa

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2002, 02:38:00 PM »
Never mind see you answered above.  Just seems silly to allow slicks and bars in a street class.  But whatever its your race not mine, just giving an opinion.    

p.s.  so which rules are we going to have to use in the prostar rulebook, if all the street et class rules are out the window.

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2002, 05:44:00 PM »
looks like you can run a slider too?  talk about having to run your dial, try sandbaging when your running down a bike that could be as much 10sec slower!and 70mph!  

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2002, 07:19:00 AM »
Exactly, no matter what you bring, you have to run your dial in.  I thought slicks and bars was quite an interesting concept.  This race is not a Prostar event or an AHDRA event.  These guys wanted something really different.  Well, I think slicks and bars in Street ET is really different if you ask me.  Look at the purses!!!  No one has guaranteed payouts like this before.  Bring your bike and body up to Brainerd and try your hand at some really big money.  For some of you, it has to be a turkey shoot.

What have you got to lose?  As long as your bike bike passes safety, you have leathers,  snell approved helmet, kill switch, and all the other basics for dragracing, I say go for it.  But remember, only the first 1000 entrants.  The pre-registration form is on the website at www.birbigrace.com

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2002, 09:47:00 AM »
JULY 21-27  every day is our day.  This is an all motorcycle event.  That Monday I think is test and tune.  Friday will be the Shootout ET race.  We are runnnig the entire Shootout ET race in 1 day.  We are allowing 500 entrants into that race with 1 run to get your dial in, then its elimination time.  This was one of the reasons for havin 3 ET races.  Sign up for a Pro or Street ET, and then run the Shootout ET on Friday as an added event.  A ton of $$$$ to be had.  If you do the math and race from sunup to sundown, you can get in all the runs (even with 1 buyback)and have a winner by that night.  $20,000 is a ton of cash, more than the Top Fuel class payout.

What have you got to lose?  And wouldn't you want to be a part of the very first largest motorcycle event in history?  Years from now, your event t-shirt will be a classic.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2002, 11:37:00 PM »
I understand the rules, The only one I see thats kinda fu%*ked up is the diaper for the pro ET class, because you could possibly get a lot of Street ET racers in the PRO ET Class, ,. but the Diaper will keep them out.I know a lot of people that run Pro ET with basically stock bikes. I would think the Diaper is kinda overkill, atleast for Pro ET>Just my opinion.  

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2002, 08:36:00 PM »
Pro-ET is not considered one of the Pro-Classes in this kind of event racing.  If the bike is entered in Pro-ET and yet is a street bike with No NOS, then it does not need a Balistic Blanket.

TF/FB/PM/PF/PS/PD/PG/TG are condidered Pro Classes.  Pro-ET at this event is actually just another ET event for you to win more $$$$ from.  How can you go wrong there.  Quit thinking Prostar and AHDRA, the quickest and the badest are going to be here and we have developed a very liberal rules system to allow most all to contend.  And this is the only event where the underdog has a chance at winning the big dollars in any of the ET events.  Run your number.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2002, 12:51:00 AM »
whats it going to cost for spectators(family)to get in? children(age)cost?

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2002, 08:12:00 AM »
Dodo,

preliminary talks have been $35.00 for all week, $25.00 for the weekend and $15.00 for the Finals.  But it's still preliminary.  The track owner wants to make spectator fees very low.  You will be able to find out everything in the following days at www.birbigrace.com

Guy
Official Site Supporter