Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Dry-Nitrous with Techlusion FI ????  (Read 7180 times)

Offline Gerald

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
    • http://www.cmdra.com
Dry-Nitrous with Techlusion FI ????
« on: November 13, 2002, 12:35:00 PM »
It seems that everyone who is running the dry nitrous systems are using a Power Commander, has anyone used the dry systems with the Techlusion Fuel Injection Controller? I don't think it would be a big deal with the TFI, I was just curious who is doing it and what results you are getting. I am seriously considering getting a dry system for my Busa for next year. I am currently running 9.90's and would like to get down to the 9.60 or better range and the dry-nitrous systems seem like the best bang for the buck.

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 01:12:00 PM »
I've been interested in the Teka SFI and understand they are now being shipped but don't think anyone has had much experience with them yet.  I'll try to get Marc to do an explanation for the board about them like he did for their dyno (Eddy Current) before the big "Hack" when it was all lost.

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 08:11:00 PM »
gerald, I think the TFI would work good with a dry system, just adjust the rpm setting the same as a window switch for the NOS, and add fuel on the top pot. I like mine , glad you turned me on to it.Steve, whats the SFI? same mark as the TFI guy?
MY MOMMA TOLD ME I WAS SLOW!!! What did she mean ?

Offline Gerald

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
    • http://www.cmdra.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 12:19:00 AM »
Glad to hear you like it Dodo, I think I will try it with the dry-system this coming year, I'll keep you posted when it happens.

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 11:23:00 PM »
The Techlusion is by the (I think) previous owner of Dyno-Jet and is a different unit - different company from the people who make the Teka SFI.  The SFI looks like it would be neat as they say you can adjust while the engine is running.  They also make an Eddy Current Dynamometer which looks like it would be kind of neat.  I' ll look up the web sites for you and post them shortly.

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »
thanks steve, I was wandering because Custom Chrome is selling the TFI under the name DFO(digital fuel optimizer) for harleys, and jacked the price!!  

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 12:50:00 PM »
Dodobird:  The web site for the TEKA SFI and EMS is:  www.factorypro.com

I can't find the other - think it was before the big HACK.  Saw it in a bike mag the other day, when I go to the grocery store today i'll get it and then post it.

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 01:40:00 PM »
The other site is:  www.techlusion.com

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2002, 01:42:00 PM »
This is the same unit Don Carlito just asked about in another topic - someone answered who has one - catch the other post.

Offline clockwork

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2002, 09:17:00 PM »
My bike had a yosh box put on it before I bought it. I found this out after buying a power commander, and putting it on a dyno. My bike goes to shit if i hook up the PC. Can I run a dry nos system without a PC? IF not what can I do. My bike makes more power without the PC.

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2002, 01:41:00 AM »
I think I'd remap back to stock with a yosh box, then start clean with either a pc-2 of TFI.