Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hayabusa Stage 1 Turbo Kit  (Read 21753 times)

Online 2wicked

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
Hayabusa Stage 1 Turbo Kit
« on: September 16, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »

Custom Garret turbo, modded for external wastegate
38 mm tial gate (external)
304 grade stainless steel header and flanges
braided oil feed line and fittings
oil return line and fittings
new in-line fuel pump
rising rate regulator (FMU)
fuel lines for the fuel system
polished aluminum sheet metal air box
crankcase vent filter
boost gauge
K&N air filter

all vacuum lines, connectors, hose clamps, and fittings. Power Commander maps will be supplied with kits.

Options:

--------Heavy duty clutch springs-------$80 USD
--------Tial 50 mm BOV---------------------$375 USD
--------Full pipe and carbon can----------$540 USD
- ------Water injection----------------------$840 USD
--------0.080" Base Spacer----------------$55 USD
--------Intecooler Option------------------$1200 USD

This system will make 250 Hp on pump fuel without any engine work. It fits inside stock body work for a very stealthy look. This system can be upgraded to over 400 HP with slight engine work and the addition of secondary injectors.

all workmanship comes with a 2 year warranty ----ie. cracking pipes or fittings

turbo unit comes with a 2 year warranty

fuel pump and FMU come with a 2 year warranty

Price: $ 4200 (USD)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:46:31 AM by 2wicked »
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

RCC Turbos & Richards Custom Cycle
"Manufacturer of the Worlds Best Production Turbo Kits"

PH#:1-519-335-6504
richard@rccturbos.com

Online piratediverjefff

• Universal Post Whore
Re: Hayabusa Stage 1 Turbo Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Hi Richard,

I'm having a friend of mine/yours install one of your Stage 1 kits on my stock motored '03 Busa (15,000 miles)in the next couple of weeks and i'm wondering what octane gas you recommend?We have 87,89,and 91 down here and i know a lot of guys on the board say 87(on a stock motor anyway)gives you less heat/slightly more power and just wondering if you agree with this/what should i run with the Stage 1?I'm gettin' a little excited,have never ridden a turbo before and Chris(Phipps)is installing one along with a 6" over arm and Catalyst tail,new trans. with all the goodies(i had that 2nd gear problem),43T rear,air shifter w/co2,lowering both front and rear,billet oil pan,Tobin front and rear seat mods,and all kinds of misc. bits and pieces(all new rotors,braided lines,etc.),should be a fun ride for an old dude(54)like myself.Do you have any of those great looking RCC TURBO stickers i can run on the sides of my new 6" over tail section?Not having the GSX1300R repainted on and am thinking your stickers would look good(i have the silver/blk. '03 color scheme).

Thanks,

Jeff
Snoop says all the real dogs run to the West Coast

Online 2wicked

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 01:58:50 PM »
Stickers are included with the kit, and I recommend using the 91 octane. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Looks like your kit is in La Grand Vista, should see it next week.

Richard
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

richard@rccturbos.com

Online piratediverjefff

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
I think Chris also recommended 91 but couldn't remember for sure so thought i'd ask.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »
Some one on the site said the you build the Ghetto kits, is that true...what is the difference??? Also I am new with Turbos, had one on an old car and gave me ton of problems. Although I'm sure things have improved since then, but I was wondering how much can I upgrade the stage one kits, before I have to start building the motor.  I'm on a budget, so I would like to start with the basic kit, but I would also like room to upgrade, like adding a BOV, water injection, some type of boost controller, secondaries, etc... Is it possible with the entry level kit, or should I save my money and go all out???

Online dave3.4

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »
      I am seriously considering ordering your stage one kits for my busa but I do have some questions cause I am new to turbos.I have a thinner head gasket in my bike now that I know I need to change so should I put the OEM one or a .080 one in and what would be the benefit of a .080?If  I do put the .080 one in will the cam timing be off? I also have a question about the blow off valves you have a option for one and I was wondering what would be the benefit of that?Your stage one kit is set at 6psi  I think  how hard would it be to turn up to 7psi and would  that be still safe for stock internals? Please let me know  cause I will be ordering  your kit in the next few days.thanks and also how long does it take for delivery?thanks again   dlbeitler@yahoo.com

Online 2wicked

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
Some one on the site said the you build the Ghetto kits, is that true...what is the difference??? Also I am new with Turbos, had one on an old car and gave me ton of problems. Although I'm sure things have improved since then, but I was wondering how much can I upgrade the stage one kits, before I have to start building the motor.  I'm on a budget, so I would like to start with the basic kit, but I would also like room to upgrade, like adding a BOV, water injection, some type of boost controller, secondaries, etc... Is it possible with the entry level kit, or should I save my money and go all out???

The stage ones now come with a turbo that will support over 400hp, you can start of making 250 hp on pump fuel on a stock engine, then if you want to upgrade in the future you have the option of going over 400hp

Richard
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

richard@rccturbos.com

Online 2wicked

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »
      I am seriously considering ordering your stage one kits for my busa but I do have some questions cause I am new to turbos.I have a thinner head gasket in my bike now that I know I need to change so should I put the OEM one or a .080 one in and what would be the benefit of a .080?If  I do put the .080 one in will the cam timing be off? I also have a question about the blow off valves you have a option for one and I was wondering what would be the benefit of that?Your stage one kit is set at 6psi  I think  how hard would it be to turn up to 7psi and would  that be still safe for stock internals? Please let me know  cause I will be ordering  your kit in the next few days.thanks and also how long does it take for delivery?thanks again   dlbeitler@yahoo.com

The thin head gasket will need to come out, but the 0.080" item you are referring to is a base spacer. If you think you will be happy making 250 hp them I would recommend installing a 0.030" cometic head gasket in place of the thin one. The stage one kits are set at 7 psi and that is safe with stock internals, if later on down the road you want more, you will need to do some engine work, add in secondary injectors and you can make over 400hp with this kit. About 4 weeks for delivery after we recieve deposit, I sent you an email but lately if I send to a yahoo address it ends up in the junk or spam folder,

Richard
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 07:45:22 PM by 2wicked »
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

richard@rccturbos.com

Online piratediverjefff

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 07:53:54 PM »

Just had an RCC Stage 1 kit installed on my '03(stock motor)and made 243 hp/134 torque and am extremely happy with it for daily driving/running it through the gears now and then. :thumb:

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »
Richard might be talking to you hear really soon... You have any kits up and ready?

Online 2wicked

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 06:35:53 AM »
Sorry we build them as they are ordered, typicaly about 3-4 weeks from time of 50% deposit to delivery,

Richard
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

richard@rccturbos.com

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 09:24:03 PM »
Ok well get ready cause I'm getting the money together right now.. So I will be calling within next few weeks hopefully... Do I send money order or paypal for the deposit? and Do I pay balance right before shipping out?

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:18:29 PM »
it will be the longest 3-4 weeks of your life :P

but worth the wait..... and then some :thumb:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »
LOL I bet I'm ready for it now...

Online 2wicked

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »
Ok well get ready cause I'm getting the money together right now.. So I will be calling within next few weeks hopefully... Do I send money order or paypal for the deposit? and Do I pay balance right before shipping out?

Money order is best as paypal gets me twice with fees, please be sure that the money order is cashable in Canada, the US postal services like to issue money orders that are only cashable in the US. You will need to make sure it is an International money order. Yes 50% deposit to make the order and balance when kit is ready to ship out the door,

Richard
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

richard@rccturbos.com

Offline jdcfrank

• Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »
Best thing I ever installed on my bike. Thanks Richard and Mike for putting up with all my questions.  :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to upgrading to your Stage 2 over the winter. Will be talking to you soon.  :thumb:

Thanks Again.

Dave.
Stolen:  2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa

Online piratediverjefff

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 08:12:05 PM »
I'm agree with Dave,best thing i ever did to my bike also(just came home on the freeway,cruising along about 90 and rolled it on...even in 6th it's amazing how hard that little Stage 1 will pull :lol:). :thumb:

Offline C-Nyl

• Rider
  • HD Quad
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »
I am considering a stage one turbo insted of a big block motor. My question to you, is the rcc turbo kit the best or say better turbo kit on the market? Or do all of the turbo kits have the same performace factors?
C-Nyl

Online piratediverjefff

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 06:41:19 AM »
 :thumb:

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »
you'll not find a better kit. easy install, quality parts, and the best tech support in the industry.

RCC hands down.

Offline jdcfrank

• Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »
Richard is always there to help members in anyway possible. You will see that thru out this forum. RCC hands down.  :thumb:
Stolen:  2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa

Offline sam1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 01:03:48 AM »
My stage one made 257Hp / 154TQ.  Its very smooth with hardly any lag and no probs so far.  Best thing I ever did to the bike!  :thumb:

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
I have a 1397 motor on my bike now, can the stage 1 work on this ? Or, would i have to go back stock ? Thanks !
Don't call it a come back , I've been here for years.

Now , Knecum powered . Stand by to fire  !!!

Online piratediverjefff

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 04:21:33 PM »
I have a 1397 motor on my bike now, can the stage 1 work on this ? Or, would i have to go back stock ? Thanks !

I'm guessing too high of a compression(more than likely)will be your main concern/drawback right now,i'm still running the stock 11 to 1 on my Stage 1 and watch how hard/long i stay into it so as not to have a meltdown. :lol:

Offline C-Nyl

• Rider
  • HD Quad
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
I see everything in your kit but the head spacer. I was told that is a key factor in a turbo install. Never mind, I see it as an option for your kit. In all honesty, what will I need for the complete turbo install for good true performance? And I dont want to be wrenching or tweeking every weekend to get the power and performance out of the turbo. When I start it, I want to finish and not haft to come back to it unless I am upgrading for more horse power.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 05:30:30 PM by C-Nyl »
C-Nyl