Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2008 BUSA, cant match the old 14. Video.  (Read 14553 times)

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
Re: 2008 BUSA, cant match the old 14. Video.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 02:46:08 AM »
The freaking busa rider was exiting the slower turns between 4 and 5 thousand rpms.  Damn rookie can't manage his engine!  He should be exiting above 8 grand on a road race course.  He was just cruising.  Had an actual rider been on that bike, well, they wouldn't have had all that footage of the Kawi's rear end. 

Oh and, disregard the troll called NotAtAllFearsomeKawasucki. 
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 02:47:45 AM »
On a sad note it looks like the 14 may be having a issue with it's frame where the rear shock mounts. I'd like to think these are just isolated incidents but these boards only make up a small percentage of the owners base so who knows if more then these 3 people have had issues.

This guy had his frame break near where the rear shock mounts. No insane speeds or anything. Just went over a mild bump and trouble. Go to page 16 to see another rider had the exact same thing happen to his 14 with pics as proof. Both bikes didn't have high milege on them either. http://www.zx14ninja.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7408&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This guy was having problems tracing an engine knock and by chance discovered the crack in around the same area the previous 2 had breaks: http://www.zx14ninja.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8035&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=41972f1ec126c87a04511ff0d85f3520

I hate seeing anyone have trouble with thier machine like this. I actually like the 14 and i have to admit this has made me pause on looking into one. Maybe it's a manufacturing issue rather then a design problem. The '08 frame is supposed to be lighter using die cast in parts of the frame now. Not sure if that's a good thing or not after seeing pictures like in those threads. Hope to God whatever is wrong gets fixed and nobody gets hurt or worse because of this.

Yup.  Typical Kawi with parts outsourced to China with no oversight.  But FK will hold on to his unrealistic fantasy nonetheless.

Me.

Offline larra

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 04:58:37 AM »
The freaking busa rider was exiting the slower turns between 4 and 5 thousand rpms.  Damn rookie can't manage his engine!  He should be exiting above 8 grand on a road race course.  He was just cruising.  Had an actual rider been on that bike, well, they wouldn't have had all that footage of the Kawi's rear end. 

Oh and, disregard the troll called NotAtAllFearsomeKawasucki. 

Looked to me that they were just having a good time, i did not see a serious race and the busa rider was clearly holding back to keep the kwaka in the camera, besides that was an airstrip and they were testing top speeds there not racing  :D

Offline JW OLDBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 06:22:39 AM »
Looks pretty even to me. The Busa seemed to run down the 14 on the straights. The 14 rider seemed to be a  better track guy. I don't see any big deal here FK? They both look Really fast!  It doesn't seem to justify splitting hairs. I know some people are just sick unless they can try to prove others wrong. What misery to live like that. To me they are both fine bikes.
1397= MY AFFORDABLE TURBO

Offline FearsomeKawasaki

• Rider
    • http://www.upyeez.com
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 08:44:58 AM »
On a sad note it looks like the 14 may be having a issue with it's frame where the rear shock mounts. I'd like to think these are just isolated incidents but these boards only make up a small percentage of the owners base so who knows if more then these 3 people have had issues.

This guy had his frame break near where the rear shock mounts. No insane speeds or anything. Just went over a mild bump and trouble. Go to page 16 to see another rider had the exact same thing happen to his 14 with pics as proof. Both bikes didn't have high milege on them either. http://www.zx14ninja.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7408&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This guy was having problems tracing an engine knock and by chance discovered the crack in around the same area the previous 2 had breaks: http://www.zx14ninja.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8035&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=41972f1ec126c87a04511ff0d85f3520

I hate seeing anyone have trouble with thier machine like this. I actually like the 14 and i have to admit this has made me pause on looking into one. Maybe it's a manufacturing issue rather then a design problem. The '08 frame is supposed to be lighter using die cast in parts of the frame now. Not sure if that's a good thing or not after seeing pictures like in those threads. Hope to God whatever is wrong gets fixed and nobody gets hurt or worse because of this.

Yup.  Typical Kawi with parts outsourced to China with no oversight.  But FK will hold on to his unrealistic fantasy nonetheless.

Ahem, the Busa sub-frame cracking.

Three attempts to fix the tensioner, which totalled numerous engines?

Hardly a great record now is it?

Offline FearsomeKawasaki

• Rider
    • http://www.upyeez.com
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »
Looks pretty even to me. The Busa seemed to run down the 14 on the straights. The 14 rider seemed to be a  better track guy. I don't see any big deal here FK? They both look Really fast!  It doesn't seem to justify splitting hairs. I know some people are just sick unless they can try to prove others wrong. What misery to live like that. To me they are both fine bikes.

When the Busa catches up at the end of the straight there is a peculiar bright red light illuminating from the tail of the 14.

Wonder what that could be? 

The 14 rider was braking far earliier into the corners. The Busa does nothing then suddenly shoots up to the 14 which means something on the riders part had changed. (i.e. the red light was actually him braking for the corner).

The point to note here ladies is that at no time did the Busa get past. And the 14 was usually leavfing it well behind out of the corners. Initially the Busa was leaving at 5k but later you see him revving the tits off it and it made no impression on the 14. The 14  just fucked off.

If I were a Busa fan I'd not be looking forward to the 08 14.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 08:52:20 AM by FearsomeKawasaki »

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
both bikes were eatin up some turf...... looked like big fun.... can't lose with either one.... but it did seem that kaw got thru gears faster but  the bus had a little more steam at the very top of the rev band.... i wanna ride one of those ugly hump back fookers asap.... :thumb:

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 09:50:22 AM »
honestly.. 2 different riders.. 2 different skills. weights and such... wait till bikes get tested in real world.. not magaZineS and crap.. get one at ur home track, have the same guy both and get times, top speeds, 1/4 mile, lap times.  this is not test.. doesnt show anything.    just like looking at picture with zx10 in front of gsxr1k ... one guy will say the zx is kicking gsxr ass, next guy will say that gsxr is about to pass the zx10..  so you dont know real story.. so who let off early and who has better skills... who cares..   give bikes some time... wait for 08 zx and busa to be same place same time... then see and jugde then... fearsome i know u just like stirring pot and ur seriously brainwashed when it comes to kawasaki.... they can do no wrong.. and thats ur opinion, but u adding to fire putting that and all on Busa board.  personally both bikes are ass kicking.  is one any better than other??  yea.. maybe by a tad.. but in end........  it comes down to rider!!!! and rider skill and weight... so put most skilled, lightest rider on either bike.. and yea it will kick crap out of the other.  does that make other bike a piece of crap... no.  this almost comes down to Ford/ Chevy thing... both trucks.. both competing against each other.. some like one.. some like other.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline El Wayno

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 10:02:48 AM »
Actually Fearsome I can't wait for someone on a 08 Bus or 14 to try to prey on my little ol 2000 Turbo. :D

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 11:13:28 AM »
I THINK THE BUSA HAD LOW AIR IN HIS TIRES AND ONE COIL WIRE PULLED THAT'S WHY IT WAS SO CLOSE,LOL

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 11:22:36 AM »

Ahem, the Busa sub-frame cracking.

Three attempts to fix the tensioner, which totalled numerous engines?

Hardly a great record now is it?

Subframe crack isn't like to cause a crash.  The frame breaking is indeed likely to do so. 

As far as the other two things you mentioned, well, mine runs fine.  Don't know what you're talking about. 

Go back to your Kawi fantasyland.

Me.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 11:33:36 AM »
 I had a Kawi for awhile. Girls didn't look at me when I was on it. I joined a Kawi club, but I decide I had to quit because every member looked and acted just like William Hung (She Bang guy form American Idol). And don't even get me started on the mouth breathing. The club where we used to meet smelled like wino breath and bad feet. Also, girls didn't look at me when I was on it. They kind of just turned away, like I was the elephant man or something. Since I got my Busa I've noticed a big change. I have to constantly tell the hordes of woman that throw themselves at me to look at my ring finger (I'm married and loyal). Now all I seem to see are disappointed faces when they notice the ring and realize that they'll have to settle for a Kawi guy. :(
 Don't get me wrong, . I'm not saying every Busa owner experiences this, just most of us.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:37:32 AM by turbojonn »
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Tybalt71

• Restricted
  • Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 11:54:44 AM »
That Vid doesnt say anything, u could argue look at the take off, that guy didnt launch the busa hard at all, the 14 looks like it had the better take off, the busa didnt launch hard at all, the 14 looked like he got deeper into the breaking zone, too many factors? type of riders? experience? if your going to make your descion based on an amatuer video? WOW, I have some swampland i can sell you :P

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 12:10:28 PM »
God this stuff is what ruins message boards...I think FK your okay and just like too stir the pot and see who bites but come on can you not post anything better?

One day admins will make a special forum for this garbage and because some of us don't come around much anymore for lack of decent reading content. I want too see and read informative posts.

Personally I don't care which model just worthwhile and informative content that will make a message board stand out from the rest.

Only a newbie squid with no clue of motorcycling could/should care who got beat on your vid.

My little 01 1070 makes more hp than both including yes FK an 07 14 with flies removed and a good pipe. I could destroy "some" and get on here and post but know very well real world there are far better riders than me, or someone lighter that can destroy me just as well on xyz bike

I got beat by 105lb girl on a piped, geared and good gas 12 that could ride vs my old mild 1070 setup never ruined my day just a reality check no matter what you ride, modded are invested anyone can be beat.

Rick

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »
In order to be a somewhat true test, the riders would have needed to swap bikes. Regardless,

It's to close to call.

Let's take two 14's, a red one and a blue one. But the rider on the red one is faster than the blue, is that to say that all red ones are faster than all blue 14's? Even though they they are the exact same bike. Let's say the red and blue 14's have exactly the same skilled/wieght rider, however, the red 14 rider got a better start. In that example, even though the exact same bike/rider, the blue will never catch up. It's a moot point.

The video shows nor proves anything.

One rider. Both bikes. Everything timed, that's how you get more of a definantive test.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 01:40:39 PM »
 :zzz: :zzz:

I'll be at the gym if anyone needs me. :bxng: :bxng:

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 02:05:23 PM »
How about they just did a 2nd to 6th gear side by side roll on and hit it at the same time,thats all it would have took,obviously they weren't really concerned about finding out which bike was faster cause I know that's what I would have done with that much pavement at your disposal,the video is inconclusive so why even argue about it.

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
,the video is inconclusive so why even argue about it.

Havent been here long ,have you? !!! :lol: :lol:
we LOOOOVE to argue..
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline DangerMouse

• Rider
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 03:39:40 PM »

At the top end the Busa's speedo doesn't move so it's hit it's limiter. It nearly catches the 14 up so all it means is the 14s limiter kicked in a fraction earlier. Our JD events have shown the 14s limiter is very accurate whewreas Suzi's version isn't so no surprise there.

No.

Watch the video.

You'll like it. It's the first time I have ever seen a Busa hit it's limiter. Seriously.

You've got to hand it to a moron who can manage to contradict himself in two consecutive posts just 20 minutes apart...

Can I be bothered to even read on through this typical FK drivel? Yawn...   :lol:
I'm the meatsafe murderer only I never done it.

Offline Tybalt71

• Restricted
  • Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »
In order to be a somewhat true test, the riders would have needed to swap bikes. Regardless,

It's to close to call.

Let's take two 14's, a red one and a blue one. But the rider on the red one is faster than the blue, is that to say that all red ones are faster than all blue 14's? Even though they they are the exact same bike. Let's say the red and blue 14's have exactly the same skilled/wieght rider, however, the red 14 rider got a better start. In that example, even though the exact same bike/rider, the blue will never catch up. It's a moot point.

The video shows nor proves anything.

One rider. Both bikes. Everything timed, that's how you get more of a definantive test.
The answer my friend: is the Blue is faster!, SMARTIES SAY: DO YOU EAT THE RED ONES LAST? Lmao :P

Offline SCARED

• Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 05:10:28 PM »
I think this fearsome idiot is a piece of work. What other than the edited portions of that video lead you to believe that this was an actual race? Honestly give it up. Your an idiot and have made that perfectly clear. There you win. Now shut the hell up and let this thread die!

Offline jeffw

• Post Whore
    • JSD Products, LLC
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2007, 05:27:01 PM »
Who cares......

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2007, 05:42:51 PM »
No.

Watch the video.

You'll like it. It's the first time I have ever seen a Busa hit it's limiter. Seriously.

Better not got to south FL for 9/10th then.

Offline Gary B

• Rider
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »
FK gets you guys all the time with this shit. Let him rant and rave....he knows the Busa rules. As far as the 08 14...it will be sitting in showrooms next to the 07's WAITING to be bought, as ALL the 08 Busas are out on the streets and tracks kickin ASS!!! Please let this post die....as quick as 14 sales are going to be. :lol:

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2007, 07:06:08 PM »
With all the frame cracking and breaking problems that the 14's are having there will be no competition from Kawasaki on the sales floor! Much less competition on the street or track!