Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2008 BUSA, cant match the old 14. Video.  (Read 14554 times)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: 2008 BUSA, cant match the old 14. Video.
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2007, 07:08:09 PM »
AMEN! :clp:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2007, 07:09:26 PM »
more factless bullshit from the king of bullshit. next time use a comparison that isnt full of giant holes...like your head...

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »
Both are fast and everyone knows this is going to be a close race to see which is faster. 

That was not a race.  They didn't take corners at top speed, didn't try to hard to pass, and didn't start at the same line on the track.  Anyone watching that vid can see it was a laid back "test" to see how they did in cornering, braking and accelerating at a moderate pace.  All I can see is it isn't a massacre either way.  Yes, weight/skill of rider and all that matters, but neither one was hardcore racing.  BUT, if this were a comparo of a ZX14 or Busa vs a Honda 919 it would look A LOT different!  The real world (street and strip) and controlled magazine tests will tell the true winner. 

But no one in their right mind would call either bike slow or a complete "destroyer" of the other bike.  We are talking maybe a tenth or two either way.

Of course, that tenth or two is what will give bragging rights....

We'll see soon.
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    
2008 Custom RCC Turbo Busa (SOLD)
2005 Red/Black  Stock  (SOLD).
2013 BMW X1:  Dinan tuned (DD Cage)

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
Even if the 14 was faster....it will still go the way of the 12.....nowhere...

Offline SCARED

• Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »
The 12???? What was that thing??  :P

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2007, 07:55:37 PM »
The 12???? What was that thing??  :P

My son has a 12, he claims it will wheelie......you be the judge :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umyBBY1ZMZc

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline The Big Red One

• Rider
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2007, 08:40:19 PM »
Looks pretty even to me. The Busa seemed to run down the 14 on the straights. The 14 rider seemed to be a  better track guy. I don't see any big deal here FK? They both look Really fast!  It doesn't seem to justify splitting hairs. I know some people are just sick unless they can try to prove others wrong. What misery to live like that. To me they are both fine bikes.
I agree.. they're both awesome bikes...I know, I have both  :wink: Really both these machines are outrageously fast ticket getters, that feel like your in a school zone when your going 80 on the highway. When I take either of mine out I come back wore out from hanging on under all the acceleration. I'm at the point where personally I don't need any more power  :wink:  As it is I can't leave the throttle alone...just wonder how much longer johnny law will leave my license alone  :shock:

Offline The Big Red One

• Rider
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2007, 09:13:57 PM »
How about they just did a 2nd to 6th gear side by side roll on and hit it at the same time,thats all it would have took,obviously they weren't really concerned about finding out which bike was faster cause I know that's what I would have done with that much pavement at your disposal,the video is inconclusive so why even argue about it.
:?: Thats pretty much what they did (duh) except they went from first to 6th and prolly close to limiter. Unless your in complete denial (or blind), if theres ANY diff in speed you will see it in a 20-180+ mph roll  :?  What more do you want?  :?  They were even..face it. A run like that takes any small differences like launch techniques, shifting ect.out of the equation, because in the end its a wide open, run them till there done kinda race. That kinda run is about acceleration...no more no less. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to run through the gears to the top.
 Their could been an elephant on one bike and a midget on the other...but I doubt it. The busa coulda held back...why?...he didn't. This was a no excuses race...watch the busa's tach if you can actually stand to look at the screen, and watch him "baby it" as he rockets through the gears faster than hell lol. If you truly ride a bike it should be obvious to you all the factors in that vid and how things played out. Nothing wrong with having the 2 fastest bikes in the world equal is there? Or is your sky gonna fall?   :bah:
And just for some of you guys delicate ego's, the new 14 is only 3 hp up on the old...so its gonna be even for a long time to come prolly...time to start getting along and enjoying these wicked machines we're blessed with eh? Thats what I'm gonna do  :wink: :D 8)

And just to clear thing up I own a busa...a very fast busa  :P :thumb:  But I'm also a realist  :wink:

Offline The Big Red One

• Rider
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »
I think this fearsome idiot is a piece of work. What other than the edited portions of that video lead you to believe that this was an actual race? Honestly give it up. Your an idiot and have made that perfectly clear. There you win. Now shut the hell up and let this thread die!
Hey scared, you have a kawi green busa   :grn:  ...why you, I oughta............................

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2007, 09:20:17 PM »
lambo green.  :wink:

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:47 PM »
I've owned a 2000 ZX12 and have ridden the updated '03. I own a 2001 Busa and have ridden the "unrestricted" 2000. I've been around this and other boards for over 8 years now. I ride my Busa harder than more than half of you, so I might just know a thing or two....

having said that I can tell you that the level of denial and blindness has never been greater among Hayabusa fanatics. Tru that the Busa is one of the greatest bikes of all time. But so is the ZX12. The fact that the Busa was able to edge out the 12 time in and time out made the droves of Busa fans scream at the top of your lungs that the Busa was KING. Well, it was only MARGINALLY faster than the ZX12 and it really only came down to how big the riders balls were on any particular run. Then came the 14 and all the Busa owners ran off crying about how it was only MARGINALLY quicker than a Busa and it only depended on how expierienced the rider was or how much he weighed. Sound familiar? It should since it was the same argument the Busa owners heard from the ZX12 owners. Funny how a story can sound depending on which side of it you're standing, huh?

The bottom line here is that the video DOES prove something. It proves that the new Busa can't keep up with the 07 ZX14 on a big road course. And it's already been proven that teh new Busa gets beat at the strip by the 14.

So, go on and live in your denial. The ZX14 remains the KING.

(and I'm a MAJOR Busa fan, so go fuck yourselves with any comments)

page 4 bitches! :)
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline keef95

• Post Master
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »
I had a Kawi for awhile. Girls didn't look at me when I was on it. I joined a Kawi club, but I decide I had to quit because every member looked and acted just like William Hung (She Bang guy form American Idol). And don't even get me started on the mouth breathing. The club where we used to meet smelled like wino breath and bad feet. Also, girls didn't look at me when I was on it. They kind of just turned away, like I was the elephant man or something. Since I got my Busa I've noticed a big change. I have to constantly tell the hordes of woman that throw themselves at me to look at my ring finger (I'm married and loyal). Now all I seem to see are disappointed faces when they notice the ring and realize that they'll have to settle for a Kawi guy. :(
 Don't get me wrong, . I'm not saying every Busa owner experiences this, just most of us.

+1
Faster's Funner!!!

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2007, 10:13:08 PM »
fck it.

they all haul ass.

just enjoy them and have a good time.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »

unless you can put the 14 in a time machine, send it back to 1999, and have it be the reason sportbikes became speed limited.....it will NEVER be king. peroid.

NEXT!

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2007, 11:17:28 PM »

unless you can put the 14 in a time machine, send it back to 1999, and have it be the reason sportbikes became speed limited.....it will NEVER be king. peroid.

NEXT!

You're living in the past my friend.

That's equivilant to saying the '83 49'ers were the reason that almost every team adopted the "west coast offense". While it may be true, it doesn't mean that the '83 Niner's could beat the Patriots of today. Apples and Oranges.

And the Niner's of yesterday would have their asses handed to them by Patriots of today.
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2007, 11:34:46 PM »
the 49'ers did nothing to make the US Govt step in and rethink football laws.

your analogy sucks.

Offline ATC'er

• Rider
  • Windsor, CT
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2007, 05:18:03 AM »
I think I'm gonna go get my penis enlarged.  :lol:
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." (Albert Einstein)

Offline BigRed

• Post Whore
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2007, 09:42:40 AM »
these arguements are just so retarded. Why does everybody have to make justifications that their bike is the best bone stock bike in the world? Woo freakin who. I like to think of a great motorcycle as not how its delivered from the factory, but how it can be changed and made into something awesome.

land speed records? = suzuki
drag racing records? = suzuki

I mean if the 12 and the 14 were so awesome, how come anybody who wants to compete in most arenas goes suzuki??

Its all good though, i know the kawi guys are just jealous that our bikes arent ugly, dont have frames for air boxes, and have a block that is more than one piece  :lol:
Jeff T
Hayabusa Ultra

Offline scotty-12

• Rider
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »
if your delicate ego rests soley on a bike, then you've got some pretty empty lives

Yes I do...sniff, sniff..... :cry:

Offline SCARED

• Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »

The bottom line here is that the video DOES prove something. It proves that the new Busa can't keep up with the 07 ZX14 on a big road course. And it's already been proven that teh new Busa gets beat at the strip by the 14.

You can go read the rest of the 4 pages. Then go watch the stupid ass video again. THEN after you've watched the whole video realize that what you've said about the bigger balls, realize that that machne was not being pushed like you want us to believe.

And take your own advice and FUCK yourself

Offline SCARED

• Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2007, 02:24:23 PM »
these arguements are just so retarded. Why does everybody have to make justifications that their bike is the best bone stock bike in the world? Woo freakin who. I like to think of a great motorcycle as not how its delivered from the factory, but how it can be changed and made into something awesome.

land speed records? = suzuki
drag racing records? = suzuki

I mean if the 12 and the 14 were so awesome, how come anybody who wants to compete in most arenas goes suzuki??

Its all good though, i know the kawi guys are just jealous that our bikes arent ugly, dont have frames for air boxes, and have a block that is more than one piece  :lol:

+1

Offline The Big Red One

• Rider
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2007, 02:50:39 PM »
if your delicate ego rests soley on a bike, then you've got some pretty empty lives

Yes I do...sniff, sniff..... :cry:
Yeah your right..that was a little harsh  :vllgh: Didn't mean to make you  :whaa:  :bah: lol. I'm gonna edit that out right now  :wink: :D

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »
Time and time again, the kawi guys will come to the Busa board and spew stupidity, jealousy, and ignorance.

The Busa even the last model year outsold the allmighty ZX14 kawi crap 2.0 to one. Why do you suppose that is?

All you guys need to know is that when the kawi guys come on here to talk stupid, just understand how bad they must feel to have made that stupid purchase decision in the first place. And imagine the resale value that they have :rfl:
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline The Big Red One

• Rider
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »
I've owned a 2000 ZX12 and have ridden the updated '03. I own a 2001 Busa and have ridden the "unrestricted" 2000. I've been around this and other boards for over 8 years now. I ride my Busa harder than more than half of you, so I might just know a thing or two....

having said that I can tell you that the level of denial and blindness has never been greater among Hayabusa fanatics. Tru that the Busa is one of the greatest bikes of all time. But so is the ZX12. The fact that the Busa was able to edge out the 12 time in and time out made the droves of Busa fans scream at the top of your lungs that the Busa was KING. Well, it was only MARGINALLY faster than the ZX12 and it really only came down to how big the riders balls were on any particular run. Then came the 14 and all the Busa owners ran off crying about how it was only MARGINALLY quicker than a Busa and it only depended on how expierienced the rider was or how much he weighed. Sound familiar? It should since it was the same argument the Busa owners heard from the ZX12 owners. Funny how a story can sound depending on which side of it you're standing, huh?

I agree with you to a point Rumble  :wink:  I never got to ride a 12..although I would have loved to. But I do own a 14 and a first gen busa. And from all I've read the new busa is similair in alot of ways to the old one, just faster. I have no complaints with my first gen (well except the vibes and cramped seating position..I'm 6'3"  :? ) and have no complaints with my 14 (except the soft suspension  :? ) hmm..I guess I do have a couple of complaints  :oops:  But anyways back to my point. I agree their is some blindness and denial going on here...and the video does prove these bikes are very equal. But I'm not sure it proves the 14 is the King. I think it just shows the 2 bikes are very equal in acceleration...and the 14 had a better rider in the curves  :wink: I agree that the 12 and first gen busa were so close you could throw a washcloth over them...and the same can be said now for the 14 and new busa. It seems like these 2 companies are never gonna lay the big smack down does it  :lol: :wink:

Offline Dan.J

• Post Master
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2007, 03:30:11 PM »
Busa is king, has been since the day it was released and will continue to be king. it is the bike that all other bigbore bikes are compared too...get used to it :thumb: Kawasaki and the others will always have a tough time getting a bike out with out it being in the busa's shadow.....its just a fact. with that said i think the 14 is a hell of a nice bike and they are damn fast, buddy has a 2000 12 and its a damn nice bike also and runs very strong. ILL TAKE 1 OF EACH PLEASE! :)

06 Busa......8 second street bike.(Sold but missed)