Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Cherry Bomb Mufflers Installed w/Video  (Read 29803 times)

Offline MITCH1914

• Post Whore
  • G.O.M.A.B.
Re: Cherry Bomb Mufflers Installed w/Video
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »
 :twisted:
G.O.M.A.B.

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2007, 12:25:59 PM »
if you're gonna do all that work, why not replace the heavy stock midpipes and the funny shaped x pipe stuff that you cut up with fresh smooth clean new pipe and just cut and weld the flange on the end?
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »
if you're gonna do all that work, why not replace the heavy stock midpipes and the funny shaped x pipe stuff that you cut up with fresh smooth clean new pipe and just cut and weld the flange on the end?

Time and alot more work. Where this was 2 cut's 2 welds. If I was to do another I would just use the down tube and do the rest myself. But I cannot tig weld yet not got a pipe bender & wanted to make this as easy as possible. It show's what can be done with limited tool's and time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:36:02 PM by busastars »

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 01:26:21 PM »
 :thumb: looks like fun... i miss having a garage  :(
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
I need a gas bottle and to learn to tig weld, pipe bender, lathe, milling machine, then I would be able to do alot more. I hate being limited on tools, it's all down to £££. I done what I could for the amount of time tools and money I had. Bang for buck. The ZX12r is so easy to do as there is only 1 cat and its easy to rip out.

But this would be a nice mod for anyone with just a set of cans on there bike.

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »
Got a little sound clip with the modded pipes.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »
that bike sounds good with the pipes like that.
 :thumb:

Offline busage

• Post Whore
  • ...But are you certain?
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2007, 02:41:40 PM »
Also no offense, but you took a nice looking bike and made it look like a junk yard bike. But if you like it it's your bike.

:lol:

If they had a suck my dick icon I would post that.
Now i'm not trying to encourage disrespectful banter amongst men, but  THAT shit was funny!!! :rfl:

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »
A few pic's of the modded pipe's. Look stock dont they, far from it.

Offline 1low04Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2007, 03:11:06 PM »
 :?:  :rfl:
"ITCHY"

Offline 1low04Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »
any hosepower gain?
"ITCHY"

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2007, 03:58:26 PM »
Well previously I did do a little write-up on how the bike felt from different stages etc, I would gess I am about 2bhp down on the 4-1 Arko that I had, there realy is not much in it. I would love to get it on the dyno but I am short of cash.

Project for mid next year is stock look turbo home made kit.

Offline 1low04Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
i was wondering bout the cherrybomb exhaust. i was jus curious.
"ITCHY"

Offline ira1031

• Rider
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2008, 12:07:53 AM »
Why?

and welcome to the forum

it's  , not that bad - different i , i give it to you for thinking out side of the box! i would trim the tip's tho - a bit on the long side , but besides that looks good - big bang for the buck!! :thumb:

Offline BowDown

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 08:21:52 PM »
i was wondering bout the cherrybomb exhaust. i was jus curious.

I don't know about HP gain. I can say from the butt dyno I didn't lose any power. The bike 'sounds' more powerful. I actually find myself not riding as fast around the town because I can actually hear the engine. Enjoy the exhaust note. It's not just the sound of the wind.
Project WTF: 2007 Blue Suzuki Hayabusa - Shaved, Rear Links/Tree Spacers (Lowered 1.25"), VisionPro 6k High/Low HIDs, Tail Bag, ZG Windscreen, Corbin Seat, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust

Offline blitzburgh

• New User!
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2008, 06:28:36 PM »
So I take it that the end of the stock headers is 1 7/8 diameter? I'm talking the pipe size that the midpipe bolts to on the header end?

Offline BowDown

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2008, 09:03:25 PM »
So I take it that the end of the stock headers is 1 7/8 diameter? I'm talking the pipe size that the midpipe bolts to on the header end?

When you remove the midpipe off the header you are left with a 1-7/8" OD pipe (ruffly, it's actually metric, but close), and there's a larger diameter sleeve over the pipe. The stock mid pipes actually slide over the 1-7/8" pipe onto the larger diameter sleeve and clamps to that. I don't know the diameter of that.
Project WTF: 2007 Blue Suzuki Hayabusa - Shaved, Rear Links/Tree Spacers (Lowered 1.25"), VisionPro 6k High/Low HIDs, Tail Bag, ZG Windscreen, Corbin Seat, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust

Offline blitzburgh

• New User!
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2008, 09:14:37 PM »
Thanks,
I have access to a pipe bender and a trained professional who knows how to use it.  :wink:   I might try some type of slash cut tips like the boz bros look before riding season. I know that some make them now but I'm going to try and get them a little closer to the arm and not stick out as much..   :thumb:

Offline Ezduzit

• Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:21 PM »
terribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :?:
Long and low!

Offline ira1031

• Rider
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
this is why you spend the extra $$

<a href="http://i7.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/bec1750/duals012.flv" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://i7.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/bec1750/duals012.flv</a>

Sorry man. Not my bag. I don't like all the plumbing to get em up there and it really doesn't follow the body lines. Not to mention I carry a passenger on occasion.

i seconds that , keep it simple , go faster - go single!!!

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »
HMF dual high mount carbon cans for the win... look, sound, perform amazing! and you can keep passenger footpegs and carry passengers i did with mine.

it's a proven fact that men with symetrical facial features are more attractive to women... i don't want a chick with one boob... so i don't want a lopsided bike either  :drink: :joker:

and yes... i know my gsxr is lopsided lol  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:12:17 PM by squirts1 »

Offline species0113

• Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 08:39:25 PM »
I think you are retarded. :lol: But I actually like the looks better then those HMF high mounts.

Offline species0113

• Post Whore
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2008, 08:45:36 PM »
I wouldn't get too close to those radioactive wheels.

A few pic's of the modded pipe's. Look stock dont they, far from it.

Offline Trucker Mike

• Rider
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
What's with all the haters? Holy shite, if you don't like it, at least be tactful about it.

Don't you understand that this is how innovation and customization starts? Shame on you for such a negative response to something unusual. I would have thought better of the Busa community. But, it appears there are f*cktards with closed-minds on every board.

My props to you, Bowdown, for having the ingenuity to at least try it. It may not be something I'd do, but you get an A+ for creativity, and another A+ for not going absolutely ballistic on these flamers who deserve a kick in the vag.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2008, 07:14:58 PM »
+1 Mike, after all what does it take to say I just spent $1100. on my new xyz 4 into 1 setup I would almost like to see a dyno run comparing the cherry bombs and xyz pipe I will bet the xyz owner will be pissed when he finds out that his $1100 bought him maybe 2-3 horsepower over a pair of bombs
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does