Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Cherry Bomb Mufflers Installed w/Video  (Read 29802 times)

Offline 1maniac

• Rider
Re: Cherry Bomb Mufflers Installed w/Video
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2008, 01:46:11 PM »
 :ppcrn:

Offline 99hayabusa

• Rider
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2008, 08:49:46 PM »
those look great

Offline johndoe

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
A+ for effort but not a clean look for a precision japanese bike.  Innovative, though. The bombs just don't look precision clean but hell it's your bike and if your happy with it, leave it.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2008, 05:21:21 PM »
A+ for effort but not a clean look for a precision japanese bike.  Innovative, though. The bombs just don't look precision clean but hell it's your bike and if your happy with it, leave it.
+100
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline johndoe

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
You''ll find out in life there's ALWAYS an assh*le that will put out a rude comment in front of you. Especially the ones that can't even afford a motorcycle.

Offline warezdog

• Rider
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2008, 12:05:57 PM »
They are a great concept, looks from the side is not bad but from the rear they flare out a bit much.

If I had the shop, garage I might have tried something simular, but then I found some HMF highmount
carbons off the forums for 600 bucks and never looked back.

If you could go shorter cans and keep them tucked closer to the swing near the rear they's look really mean, sound great though!
Black '07 Full HMF highmount w/black cf cans-small airbox mod-Pair Valve mod-PCIII USB-TRE-twin fans-aluminum sub-custom undertail-switchbacks with LED flasher mod-kevlar front brake lines-clutch slave support-steering dampner mod-HID& more!

Offline Totalpkg

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2008, 09:10:38 PM »
Sound isn't too bad, but I personally don't like the look.

Offline BowDown

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »
Forgot this thread was here. LOL

Updated Pictures:

Still not sanded & ceramic coated, but hey...I gotta ride!
Project WTF: 2007 Blue Suzuki Hayabusa - Shaved, Rear Links/Tree Spacers (Lowered 1.25"), VisionPro 6k High/Low HIDs, Tail Bag, ZG Windscreen, Corbin Seat, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2008, 07:58:09 AM »
that alooks a lot better than the first shots i saw... have you thought about making a high mount mid pipe for them? i think that would look pretty good... well, except for your rear fender and turns signals being in the way
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline BowDown

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2008, 01:40:32 PM »
Na, I don't like the look of the mid pipe bending all the way up there. Just seems like added weight... and eye sore. Not to mention I carry a passenger quite a bit, and I wouldn't want to worry about her burning herself on em.
Project WTF: 2007 Blue Suzuki Hayabusa - Shaved, Rear Links/Tree Spacers (Lowered 1.25"), VisionPro 6k High/Low HIDs, Tail Bag, ZG Windscreen, Corbin Seat, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2008, 10:45:36 PM »
Looks great now. Nothing wrong with homemade inexpensive exhaust systems. I probally would have bought something like that or at least tried it on mine before I bought my HMF's but I never looked back great look and sound.

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2008, 09:15:28 AM »
Na, I don't like the look of the mid pipe bending all the way up there. Just seems like added weight... and eye sore. Not to mention I carry a passenger quite a bit, and I wouldn't want to worry about her burning herself on em.

if you tucked them in like the HMF dual highmount there would be no burning problem, i had HMF dual highmount on my busa and carried passenger. of course i had carbon cans that never got very hot... and the mid pipe weighed like an ounce, very thin walled aluminum or ti.
but if you dont like the look then that's all that matters.
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline Tyler_Norwood

• Rider
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
sparky's bike sounded amazing

Offline oklazukguy

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2008, 12:26:38 AM »
Being new to Busas, (actually, not even having got mine yet) the only thing that is a drawback to me, is that there is no undertail exhaust option in the aftermarket. If there is, hook me up with a link. And also a link to some high mount exhaust you guys were talking about.