Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fork rebuild  (Read 5955 times)

Offline 2Wheeler

• Post Whore
Fork rebuild
« on: October 29, 2007, 10:50:08 AM »
I want to have the forks rebuilt on my bike. Who have you guys used and how did everything turn out? I ride pretty aggressively so I need the job done right. I figure new springs and maybe new valving. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: Fork rebuild
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »
Matt Wright at DBD has mine.
I can't give you any feedback tho because he still has them.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline In10SS

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
I put new 1.1 springs & 7wt oil in mine but did not have the valving changed.  I swapped emails & phone calls with Dan at traxxion who was a big help.  I think my forks are setup pretty well right now.  Rebound seems fine but the compression is a bit stiff on the little stuff.  If I soften the compression damping to smooth things a little I start having other handling ills.  Traxxion sort of echoed this by saying the compression side needs a little valving work.  Naturally the correct springs & sag settings are 90+%.  If you choose the correct spring for your type of riding (if you're really AGGRESSIVE street) and setup everything else correctly for your weight, I think you might wish you had had the compression side reworked.    I kind of wish it wasn't so much work to change the fork oil.  I'd really like to experiment a little more with different oil. I almost went with 10 wt.
2007 black, akrapovic slip-ons, PCIII usb, small box mod, helibars & genmars, 17/42, speedohealer, buell peg mod, race tech 1.1 springs, eibach rear spring, OK Now I'm ready for some appearance mods . . . if only there was more money & time!

Offline 2Wheeler

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 09:48:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I'm going with Lindemann or Traxxion Dynamics. 
The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

Offline speedwhore

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »
I used gp suspension for mine on account they address the compression valve issues we have as well as matching the rebound to the spring rate.
I couldn't be happier with the results.

Offline NDVBUSA

• Rider
  • Fast,Faster
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »
A buddy who rides really hard put in racetech springs and valves and absolutely loves it... My next project to do.
Nelson D. Valentin