Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How to rebuild a salvage frame  (Read 7297 times)

Offline babybusa

• Rider
How to rebuild a salvage frame
« on: November 17, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »
I am on a budget to build a 06-07 zx10. I am buying all the parts off of ebay and zx10.net. My question is if I buy a wrecked frame from florida with the neck numbers , salvage title and bill of sale how would I go about getting a new frame.Also I am in Boston Ma, Can I purchese one from kawi dealer or ron ayers with blank numbers. And can the registry punch the old numbers in to the new one? Iam confused how this works. Please some one help me out the auction for the frame is almost up Thanks

Offline badassblackbusa

• Post Master
Re: How to rebuild a salvage frame
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 06:02:39 PM »
You can buy one from your kawi dealer and have them stamp the numbers into the new frame.
and to saint peter i will tell another solider reporting sir ive served my time in hell..

Offline badassblackbusa

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »
but buying a new frame from kawi is going to cost you  more than buying a rolling chassis or a bike with a blown motor.
and to saint peter i will tell another solider reporting sir ive served my time in hell..

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
+1 you would be much better off to check e-bay for another bike with cosmetic damage, it would probably be less than new frame from dealer
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rollin99

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 12:08:31 AM »
Most florida titles are cod and you will never be able to register it in some states regardless if you buy a new frame.

Offline roadraceking

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:35:51 PM »
actually new kawi 10 frames are cheap,bikebandit.com 04-05 are like $600 & 06-07 are like $1000

Offline Vmax Antonio

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:36:47 PM »
I would check with your state police or DMV. Different laws for different states.

Offline leemajors

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »
I would check with your state police or DMV. Different laws for different states.
i would check dmv tooo