Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Which Trackday organization to go with?  (Read 5718 times)

Offline nitrod86gt

• Post Master
  • Did I say that out loud? Oh god, did they hear me?
Which Trackday organization to go with?
« on: December 15, 2007, 01:19:25 PM »
So I have decided to do some track days next year. The two main tracks I wanna ride are Barber and Road Atlanta, maybe Roebling Road. I will probably do 3 or 4 days. I am haveing a hard time deciding which organization to go with. What are some pros and cons of each? I am probably looking at Sportbike Track Time or the NESBA..

2003 GSX-R1000. Velocity Racing Stge 1 Turbo Kit, Aquamist 1s water injection, Motor by Cooper Performance, PVM magnesium wheels, Ohlins suspension, Racefit

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: Which Trackday organization to go with?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »
nesba is the only org. that i have exp. with . I would say they are top notch . All the staff is very good riders -racers .  All of them willing to help you if you got the desire to learn to ride like they do ..  I wont say I got as good as them but I learned alot.
 I think nesba is the only not for profit club. They are all volenteers.
 Alot of my  freinds ride with team promotion and I hear good things about them also.
 Just do it! :thumb:

any questions just ask.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:45:09 AM by zzr12pete »
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline pr111

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
I'm with ZZR on this.  My only experience is with Nesba and I think they're great.  Very professional and disciplined.  I really should take more advantage of getting their control riders to critique me, which they are more than happy to do.  But I have this thing about learning on my own.  One thing you may or may not like is that I've heard it's difficult to get bumped up to the next level.  I'm in the beginner class, but I actually feel very comfortable in it.  It's still plenty fast for me.  In the end though, it depends on what you're looking for.  If you just want track time, join multiple clubs that frequent the tracks close to you.  If you want to learn to ride better, you can't go wrong with Nesba.

PR

Offline wedgester

• New User!
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
 Ive ridden with both org. In my oppionion u cant go wrong with STT for a Novice. You will have one instructer per 5 -6 students. So u will def get some 1-1 teaching. You are in the class room in between your track time. Its run very profesional and very safe. Novice will generly have 6 groups with #1 being the fastest. Control the ego and start off in 6. If u are good enough they will bump u up quickly. I started track days 2 years ago on my Busa. I love this sport so much that I no longer ride the street and just do trackdays. Its really that much fun like a drug u want more and more. I havent been on this site in about a year because after my first year I sold my Busa and bought a GSXR750. The Busa did a great job though as I was able to go to intermediate with it. After a while though it just got to be to heavy to ride all day and corner hard. I have nothing bad to say about the bike though as it did a awesome job but the 750 is so much easier to flick around,brake and corner. The straight line accel is no Busa but it sure as hell aint bad. The Busa is 120 lbs heavier then my 750 so u can see the major diff. Good luck and be prepared for the new Addiction.

Offline fasterbusa

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 10:49:21 PM »
Our merry little band has about 25 members who are pretty consistant track riders.  (however, most of the group do not ride track)
They all enjoy trackdays with STT.  (This is in Michigan at Grattan as well as Gingerman)
These trackday riders are pretty serious about it, doing Sat and Sun whenever the full wknd is offered as well as just the single wknd day.

Another group that we have here is Apex2Apex.  They offer trackdays at Grattan, but do not allow as many riders, but they are often on wkdays.

Good luck!

Offline bobu

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »
Ive rode with both Nesba & SBTT, both are very good in my opinion. I was at Tally today with SBTT, 1:08 & change was best lap. Paul is one of the instructors, first time I saw him he found me after a session to tell me to keep my head down, should be nearly kissin mirrors in curves was the way he put it, point is he helped without my asking.
TC
Do you have a track bike? If not, I Strongly advise race (cheaper) plastic. More so after you get the feathers blown off your balls :hys:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:05:51 PM by bobu »