Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: '07 Dyno Run  (Read 22682 times)

Offline enginetuna

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: '07 Dyno Run
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »
And yes the numbers seem very happy for a stock bike.
I'm just doing some headwork on a k7 motor today and base reading was 171bhp with a full system and em-pro fully mapped on a 16.5" ntec dunlop slick.  So perhaps 174 on a hard road tyre.  Stock are normally around 165.

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 06:46:13 PM »
And yes the numbers seem very happy for a stock bike.
I'm just doing some headwork on a k7 motor today and base reading was 171bhp with a full system and em-pro fully mapped on a 16.5" ntec dunlop slick.  So perhaps 174 on a hard road tyre.  Stock are normally around 165.

You are correct...stock is around 165-168 SAE on OUR dyno....I have had several break 170rwhp on SAE with GOOD air...The air density correction on the 250's are not perfect....

Gregs 1K was not a tune...just a dyno breakin...that I kept heat cycling and it responded as usual for a bike with 100 miles babied...To get his "best" numbers I ran the bike and warmed it, then cooled slightly to run it at it's OPTIMUM engine temp(where all the newer 1k's make best power, which I am SURE YOU KNOW), then made sure tire was warm/strapped....

Its always a HAPPY dyno when others cant get the same results.....I finished dynojet school two weeks ago...LOL

PM me if you want to discuss this further....171 with headwork and EM pro is a little low...esp if you raised compression on it. Our SS bikes usually made around 185SAE rwhp on pump WITHOUT EMPROs...they were banned in AMA Prostar in 07...So I had to use my extended ECU's and other trix....since the PCUSB's set FI's above 180rwhp.

Dave
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:09:21 PM by DaveO »
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline enginetuna

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 05:24:16 AM »
PM me if you want to discuss this further....171 with headwork and EM pro is a little low...esp if you raised compression on it. Our SS bikes usually made around 185SAE rwhp on pump WITHOUT EMPROs...they were banned in AMA Prostar in 07...So I had to use my extended ECU's and other trix....since the PCUSB's set FI's above 180rwhp.

Dave

At least you know how to run a dyno, more than can be said for some :?
Base reading was 171bhp.  Not tuned :thumb:  I used stock cams on this one pulled 185 with 87 torque.  Epoxied head, no welding of ex ports or chambers on this one.  Stock headers too which work good.  Had a full yosh spec (str cams, cotters, retainers) with wisecos and carillos in few weeks before and on same tyre that pulled 181 with 81 torque so my headwork sure isn't lacking.
Yes the dynojet correction is not perfect.  I was seeing SAE correction of 0.92 :!:  Uncorrected it was mid 190's.
Figures i was quoting were in STD correction.  The stock motor with this half system and em-pro was 167 SAE.  A stock motor is around 158-161 SAE here.

Offline IllusionalTA

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 06:34:09 AM »
The hater's never stop.... Good #"s bro, now travel the u.s looking for "real" dyno #'s and get back to us..... Once we approve of the #'s.. ONly then will you be able to have a valid post...

Offline enginetuna

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 06:59:03 AM »
The hater's never stop.... Good #"s bro, now travel the u.s looking for "real" dyno #'s and get back to us..... Once we approve of the #'s.. ONly then will you be able to have a valid post...
We approve?  Valid post?
I do not understand what you are saying, maybe i read it too fast .....

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »
At the end of the day, the #'s really don't mean much. The air/fuel ratio and the mph at the strip tells the tale. Nice bike, they're fun! Go ride.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline gmansyz

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »
Man, what a can of worms were opened upon this post. I had no Idea. DaveO is the greatest and did me a big favor by dynoing my new bike. Now, I wonder is he can sneak in another run to see if the slip-on did anything to help or hurt my power and torque. And see what the A/F became. Though, when i get around to putting aturbo system on it, He will be the one to Tune it for me.
And yes, it's not so torquey as the Busa and a little more difficult to ride because of that but it still goes well and nearly 100 mph in first so I can't complain. Though I will go halfway and hope to find a Busa engine to wedge into  :lol:my old '83 Katana.
All I can is THANKS DAVE O!
GREG
Trying-Busa into Old Katana among others

Offline gmansyz

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:48 AM »
What it looks like now.

Trying-Busa into Old Katana among others

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 01:08:57 PM »
Your welcome Greg!! Enjoy it!!

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline runandgun7

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »
 :?

Offline wildcats

• New User!
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 07:48:48 AM »
i think for my age an litre bike is better only because i can ride in that position for a long long time. busa's are more comfy  but these days between the litre bikes and busa'a and 14's its the rider. a slip on either side and u loose the race. either way i would like a busa just to cruise with i have a gsxr 1000 01 and a 08 zx10r love them both but not comfy for 2 ppl at all

Offline 1Quikshifter

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 09:05:04 AM »

Comfy is important , my missus loves the comfort and the speed !
The faster I ride the better the sex is when I get home ..... alls good !  :thumb:
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would of made cows out of wood !!