Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?  (Read 40487 times)

Offline dave393

• Rider
  • southcentral MN
Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:12:59 AM »
I ask this queston because my shop is mainly Harley work. At 49 years old I can,t imagine not owning a Busa also. Harleys have there place but we have more requests for import work every week. Thumbs up to Suzuki!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:15:20 AM by dave393 »
Interstate Junction Motorcycles ,Minnesota .
 Ward Performance Head and cams 445/415

New Best 1/8 mile  4.90 et  152 mph , 7.54, 184.77

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
Re: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »
Harley Davidson is the worlds most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower

A Harley is a loose collection of junk travelling in roughly the same direction
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 12:02:47 PM »
Don't have one.  I have a VTX1800C.  However, alot of people that I ride with do.  I have no problem with them at all.  They don't seem to be unreliable anymore like they were back in the AMF days. 
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline Bruce Bohannon

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 12:39:08 PM »
currently own 3 Zuk's; 1 Yamaha; 1 Honda....

I've owned Harley's in the past and I never see my money being spent on them again unless my DPI goes through the roof.  I hope the income goes through the roof though - so's I can buy exotic stuff for my other bikes!

If I made a living tuning bikes - I would patronize HD big.  Also, a lot of my buds have them.

Offline dave393

• Rider
  • southcentral MN
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:36:49 PM »
Harley Davidson is the worlds most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :

And i thought Harley riders were narrow minded. :lol: :lol:  It's just a question I am asking. I am considering expanding my advertising for my shop.

Offline jackavelli

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 03:15:23 PM »
i own a busa and about to get a Harley in two to three weeks i feel I'm getting  a deal don't know the name yet but it is a 92 model for 7000 and clean i know a few guys who do their own work on their Harley's but don't know what I'm about to get into but fuk it will find out later

Offline dave393

• Rider
  • southcentral MN
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
That is a good price in the Harley market.
Thanks for the reply. :D

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 03:44:06 PM »

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :

And i thought Harley riders were narrow minded. :lol: :lol:  It's just a question I am asking. I am considering expanding my advertising for my shop.

busa guys can take a joke :P

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
I love the Speed of my Turbo-Hayabusa.
I love the sound of my Softail.
I love the tourque of my TOP GAS Harley.
But I don't like BMW-Bikes.
Crazy World. :lol:
Mike from Germany

Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline dave393

• Rider
  • southcentral MN
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 04:36:35 PM »
Nice collection! :D :D

My personal bikes, 1972 H-2 dragbike, 03 Busa and 06 Dyna Superglide. All go down the track. 10.0, 9.05 and 11.24 respectively.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 06:44:51 PM »
...owned 11 different HD's from 1970 'til i bought my 1st Busa in '02,not feelin' any attraction anymore.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 07:10:05 PM »
i rode the harleys for some years. All most bankrupted myself trying to make it go fast .One day I said fuck it and got back into the real  fast bikes. Much cheaper to just buy something that performs in the first place
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »
I have a 08 Ultra Classic and a 05 turbo Busa would not trade eather one each does have its place.  and Brian thats funny but not very nice
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 07:41:17 PM »

You're killin' me Brian,that's one of the best ones i've heard yet. :rfl:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »
If I had the money for a G2 big inch V-Twin from Star Racing that would be in my dyna now. Unfortunately I'm not rich so I had to settle for a 'busa instead. Each bike has it's place, but for an old guy like me with a bad back, the HD is more fun on long trips. Reliability is a factor when you play with HD's so mine is a cam only bike with bolt-ons. I challenge any of you hotshots to come to Louisiana to bracket race non electronic. If I don't beat you I guarantee you the other HD rider will! For me there is more to life than going fast because there is always someone else willing to spend more regardless what you ride.

You mean kind of like Pro Stock these days,where they had to hobble the Suzukis so HD could get in the game.

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 07:51:11 PM »
'99 Sportster, '06 Busa, '07 Buell Blast
All different all fun in their own way.

Deb

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 07:57:37 PM »
If I had the money for a G2 big inch V-Twin from Star Racing that would be in my dyna now. Unfortunately I'm not rich so I had to settle for a 'busa instead. Each bike has it's place, but for an old guy like me with a bad back, the HD is more fun on long trips. Reliability is a factor when you play with HD's so mine is a cam only bike with bolt-ons. I challenge any of you hotshots to come to Louisiana to bracket race non electronic. If I don't beat you I guarantee you the other HD rider will! For me there is more to life than going fast because there is always someone else willing to spend more regardless what you ride.

if you want something comfortable to cruise around on thats great. my point is not harley vs sportbike but harley vs metric cruiser. in every catagory harley looses. except for price. they are the kings of overpriced behind the times technology. harley will put out like 18 different models a year all with the same motor. the sportser and vrod have different motors but the other 18 models that all look amazingly similar use the same motor. the evolution was the motor from 85 to 2000. the shovel was the motor of choice for about 20 odd years. could you imagine suzuki using a motor for almost all their bikes for 20yrs!! so why are people paying so much for these bikes. harley is not doing a fraction of research and devolopment as other m/c companies. harley is selling more of an idea than a motorcycle. the idea is you are an "individual" or even a rebel if you ride a harley. you are not paying all that extra coin for technology or perfomance because harley is clearly behind in those catagories. you are paying extra for the marketing strategy that clearly is genuis :thumb:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 08:28:13 PM »
 harley gave em the V-rod that actually had some power and the harley faithful rejected it ..
Go figure.
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 08:54:12 PM »
Gone are the good old days when mothers hid their daughters from us badass 1%ers,now mother and daughter ride matching Softails with all the doctors/lawyers/stockbrokers.When i left AZ in '95 the largest "club" in the country(world)was on a recruiting drive and the day a new member walked into my tattoo shop wearing a t-shirt/short pants/tennis shoes and riding an 881 Sportster i knew the mystique was over and time to give it up(so bummed i almost threw my leather jacket away).In '98 i bought a new black Fatboy from Bartels(for $20,000,and they even threw in a Thunderheader :lol:),only to have it ripped off 3 weeks later while at work one night.
Then i bought my first Busa in '02 and have been hooked since,right now Chris is doing an RCC Stage 1,6" over McINTOSH arm/with Catalyst tail,air shifter,etc. and can't imagine ever being on anything else(unless we bump it up to a Stage 2 next year,eh Chris?).Been there/did that for 25 years...for me H-D can R.I.P. :trb:

Offline BandR

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 09:25:50 PM »
I've got both a turbo busa and a 07 streetglide with the stage 2 motor. both are awesome bikes but you cant compare apples to oranges. I've had 2 harleys and 3 busa's. I'm just happy I can afford to have both. look in the service dept at both and the harley techs seem to be more locked on. they can do a piston kit no problem, there are suzuki shops that I wouldn't let them adjust my chain.

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »
I've got both a turbo busa and a 07 streetglide with the stage 2 motor. both are awesome bikes but you cant compare apples to oranges. I've had 2 harleys and 3 busa's. I'm just happy I can afford to have both. look in the service dept at both and the harley techs seem to be more locked on. they can do a piston kit no problem, there are suzuki shops that I wouldn't let them adjust my chain.

not much to doing a piston kit on a twinkie :wink:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline busa416

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 09:42:15 PM »
My granpa told me along time ago Harleys and vacume cleaners have 2 things in comon.They both have dirt bags on them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Turbo powered Briggs and Straton

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 09:55:11 PM »
Did he also tell you they both make alot of noise and need pushed often?
2008 Busa

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »
Actually I had harleys in the past and won't get another one unless they really change down the road. I had problems with every one I had and they where new when i bought them. Guess I just had bad luck as some people will say there's is trouble free. would go with a m109 or yamaha if I was going cruiser again.
2008 Busa

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »
Never owned a harley, don't ever plan on it. Just my .02
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo