Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?  (Read 40921 times)

Offline Hayamaniac

• Rider
Re: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »
Check this out...big, heavy, but sporty.  :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo&feature=related

Offline Hayamaniac

• Rider
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »

If anybody ran that road as much as that yellow wing does they would be fast no matter what they were on. I watched the dude ride he's good
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »
Falcon-A, there's one for you.  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVXD3ex9DA&feature=related
That kind of dipshit stuff is why there is so many LEOs up there now you get a ticket for 6MPH over a bud of mine got a real ass ripping on his ZX-10 for 36 MPH can you beleve that. I make it up there 2-3 times a month when weather permits when its cold out you dont want to go cause its twice as cold up there and the stores closed in winter so theres no place to stop and warm up. last summer just as season was starting 3 people were killed in one day on that road, basicly from what you seen in that vidio (ignorance), and just for the record theres a bunch more sportbikes go down on that road than cruisers. because they do dipshit stuff to they are just going faster
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Hayamaniac

• Rider
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »

If anybody ran that road as much as that yellow wing does they would be fast no matter what they were on. I watched the dude ride he's good

It was just to show that you don't need to be 60 to enjoy a GoldWing. It's a very capable machine, I'm not sure you could do that with a Harley, the V-Rod maybe, but not a FLH.

Sportbikes going down in the twisties!!!! Where did you see that? :wink:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
I dont know if a Harley will do as well as that gold wing but like I said before if you were going up and down that road as much as that guy you wold get good even if you were on a Harley Geezer, I meen your not going to run with even a average sportbike and those motards are freakin awsome those guys absolutly fly but you ride any bike on that road long enough you will get fast if you dont crash much

Offline dishguy

• Rider
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
i have a roadking and a busa wouldnt change anything its nice to have a little change had them both in daytona wish i would of put my harley on the dyno now that would of been really funny just remember 2 wheels is a motorcycle not all can be as lucky my first was a CB350 and had a lot of good times on that one

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »
Mine was a 750 Honda had that bike while my wife and I were still young put allmost 25000 miles on that bike in 3 years and thats a acomplishment for upstate NewYork didn't think i'd ever sell that bike, well you know stuff happens

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2008, 03:28:51 AM »
Wing riders don't care about harley riders, they just laugh at them. And can you blame them for laughing? Hell at least when you spend as much on a Wing as you do on a harley you actually get someting for your money other then a fart-noise low tech pile of dung.

Good Videos guys :thumb:

I especially like the harley guy goin off the road. (Although I don't wanna see anyone get hurt) I'm sure it was blamed on something else besides a big heavy bike that DOESN'T turn well that came stock with shitty outdated bias ply, tall sidewall tires, and cheap ass forks.  (All for the sake of fashion)

I think quite a few of you guys understand what I am saying. I am not trying to tell you harley/Busa owners that your stupid, but when there are much better bikes out there to buy, I have a hard time respecting your judgement choosing to buy hd.

Get out there guys and ride some Wings, and ride some V-stroms and other bikes. Then you will understand what is to be had out there. Your missing out on some fun stuff. Forget the harleys at least until they make bikes that are up to the same standards as other bikes half their price. It really makes a poor impression of you to people that know.  Your IQ is in question.
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline dishguy

• Rider
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2008, 09:50:34 AM »
heres a little info for ya we were on our way back from the horsepower shoot out in Daytona on I 95  and seen 6 harleys sitting on the side of the road helping a lonely sportbike rider on a R1 that just lost it doing a stand up wheelie bike was trashed and rider was pretty fucked up like i said before bike are bikes and it is good to know that there are harley riders out there that are willing to lend a hand.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2008, 11:55:33 AM »
heres a little info for ya we were on our way back from the horsepower shoot out in Daytona on I 95  and seen 6 harleys sitting on the side of the road helping a lonely sportbike rider on a R1 that just lost it doing a stand up wheelie bike was trashed and rider was pretty fucked up like i said before bike are bikes and it is good to know that there are harley riders out there that are willing to lend a hand.

Good story, its nice that people lend a hand in time of need no matter what they ride. It still doesn't change the facts discussed prior.

I would like you to give me a reason or example of how harleys are safer then any other bikes. They ought to be for as long as that company has been making bikes. But what technologies has harley brought to the world to improve rider safety?  I can't think of any.
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline ltbusa

• Rider
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2008, 12:54:04 AM »
Interesting thread. I've owned harleys for 20 years, still got the first one I bought. When I decided to buy a new bike I kinda lost interest in the brand when the local dealers started offering manicure and pedicure nights!!
Bought a Busa instead (the harleys don't get ridden much anymore). Damn but the Busa's a ot of fun!!
Still you gotta admit theres something very cool about cruisin one of the old ones (I'm thinking of adding a 59 pan to the collection, it would be a cool bar hopper)
07 Busa-Still mostly stock BUT not for long
73 Sportster (Dead and leaving soon)
75 Sportster Too much to list but on the road soon