Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?  (Read 40904 times)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2007, 08:46:03 AM »
I'd like to stay on here and bullshit with you guys but have to go spend the next 4 hours underwater changing props on some rich bastid's yacht in 57 degree water to support my Busa's go fast mods...somebody has to work around this dump.

You slackers all have a good day,

Jeff :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »
I'd like to stay on here and bullshit with you guys but have to go spend the next 4 hours underwater changing props on some rich bastid's yacht in 57 degree water to support my Busa's go fast mods...somebody has to work around this dump.

that sounds like it pays well.
 :thumb:

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2007, 08:58:20 AM »

i hope so for his sake

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »
I know this is going to piss a few off here, but here goes my opinion anyway. I feel that harley is a total embarrassment to this country.
We pride ourselves on having the technology to be able to shoot a missle down a chimney from miles away, yet our example of motorcycle technology to the world is a shitty running V-twin turd, that barely can make its own way down the road without shaking itself apart.

To be proud to ride a bike that has been assembled by parts from all over the place, and at the same time trying to be an "American" icon, is just plain anti-patriotic!

If a company is going to promote itself as harley does, every god damn part should be made here in this country. NO excuses whatsoever for how it is now.

I have no complaints if you wanna ride one and cruise, because thats what it is, a "Cruiser". Its when they have to make that loud fart-like noise they make by taking the nice exhaust system off them that they come with, and parade around town screaming LOOK AT ME ROOM ROOOM LOOK AT ME that is the sickness that this machine promotes.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 09:09:08 AM by Falcon-A »
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2007, 09:10:59 AM »
I know this is going to piss a few off here, but here goes my opinion anyway. I feel that harley is a total embarrassment to this country.
We pride ourselves on having the technology to be able to shoot a missle down a chimney from miles away, yet our example of motorcycle technology to the world is a shitty running V-twin turd, that barely can make its own way down the road without shaking itself apart.

To be proud to ride a bike that has been assembled by parts from all over the place, and at the same time trying to be an "American" icon, is just plain anti-patriotic!

If a company is going to promote itself as harley does, every god damn part should be made here in this country. NO excuses whatsoever for how it is now.

I have no complaints if you wanna ride one and cruise, because thats what it is, a "Cruiser". Its when they have to make that loud fart-like noise they make by taking the nice exhaust system off them that they come with, and parade around town screaming LOOK AT ME ROOM ROOOM LOOK AT ME that is the sickness that this machine promotes.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2007, 09:29:57 AM »
falcon-a,
were you run over by a harley when you were a child?

:P
j/k

i agree with you to a point.
but,
i like harleys.
i love riding them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 09:36:39 AM by grecco »

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
I have the only True American made V-Twin NOW in production... A Victory... made by Polaris.
This is My Hammer.

...and of course my TurboBusa.  :wink:

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »
damn that is bad ass as well.
i forgot about those...

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »
 To me , motorcycles are all about raising hell. I cant ride em any other way.  Its hard to do that  on a bike thats only capable of  making  noise.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 10:13:17 AM by zzr12pete »
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2007, 10:18:33 AM »
raising hell on a motorcycle would (for me) depend on the type of bike it is?
kinda like,

you would make love to your wife,
but,
you would bang a slut.

both are fun but you would ride them differently.

if that makes any sense.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 10:21:27 AM by grecco »

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2007, 10:21:19 AM »
kinda like,

but,
you would bang a slut.

if that makes any sense.

Mmmmmm sluts :P

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2007, 10:25:42 AM »
I like your Hammer, cept for the tiny little outlet holes in those big chrome pipes. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't say I wanted to hear it sound like a fartin harley, but Polaris could have done a little better then that for sound. It sounds like a Honda Rebel.
 A nice deep mellow sound that isn't obnoxious and retarded is actually cool.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »
stock exhaust systems, in general, need to be changed anyway, as long as its done tastefully.         :P

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
kinda like,

but,
you would bang a slut.

if that makes any sense.

That makes sense, so if you wanna use the "slut scenerio" Does it make sense is that a guy would spend so much to get so little? Would you spend big bucks on a fat girl that is a dead fuck, and has a big mouth and farts?  Or would you spend half on a slut that is actually fun to ride that puts out?

The question is, When you turn your bike on does it return the favor?

I laugh at the harley mentality, as its funny to see what people spend to get so little. I can understand if you want a bike to give rides on the back, then whatever, but to ride that lame ass crap solo, then spend tons of $$ to try to get it to keep up with traffic is a joke.
 When you can buy a metric that outperforms one in every aspect for less $, its hard to understand any desire to own such a machine.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »
That makes sense, so if you wanna use the "slut scenerio" Does it make sense is that a guy would spend so much to get so little? Would you spend big bucks on a fat girl that is a dead fuck, and has a big mouth and farts?  Or would you spend half on a slut that is actually fun to ride that puts out?
:rfl:

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2007, 11:17:57 AM »
kinda like,

but,
you would bang a slut.

if that makes any sense.

The question is, When you turn your bike on does it return the favor?

I laugh at the harley mentality, as its funny to see what people spend to get so little. I can understand if you want a bike to give rides on the back, then whatever, but to ride that lame ass crap solo, then spend tons of $$ to try to get it to keep up with traffic is a joke.
 When you can buy a metric that outperforms one in every aspect for less $, its hard to understand any desire to own such a machine.

the desire is in the image they think they are portraying when their bike has a harley emblem on it. there is no other possible reason.there is not one aspect of a harley that compares favorably to a metric cruiser except the perceived image "i got a harley"

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2007, 11:48:27 AM »
the desire is in the image they think they are portraying when their bike has a harley emblem on it. there is no other possible reason.there is not one aspect of a harley that compares favorably to a metric cruiser except the perceived image "i got a harley"

I agree 100% and have said so for years. The marketing is so good for such a shitty product. For what you get for the dollar spent is rediculous.

Could you imagine if you bought cars that way? Go buy a brand new model A Ford and spend $100Gs when you can buy a new Vette or Viper or anything else that will out perform it every which way for almost half. Gee I'd run right out and buy the "A", so that I could feel that I belong to some imaginary family of fellow "A" owners.

WTF is wrong with people. This is truely an example of what is going to be the end of this country. So many are concerned with image rather then function, to try to impress others that don't really matter anyway.

Let me ask this. When you ride your chromed out fart noise makin harley around, do people run up and hand you hundred dolllar bills because they think your cool? What do you get paid to impress others, because I want to get on that payroll myself!!

Why would anyone give a flyin fuck what others think when you pull up on your Busa, or Goldwing, or what ever suits YOU? Why do so many care so much what others think that they have to ride a harley to fit into a certain group? Hell I rode my Busa many a times on runs where I was the only sport bike. So fucking what! When I got tired of the rattlin fart noise makin oil leaking pigs, I could zip by them and lead to the next bar, and there wasn't anything any of them could do but watch me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:55:42 AM by Falcon-A »

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2007, 11:49:15 AM »
I like your Hammer, cept for the tiny little outlet holes in those big chrome pipes. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't say I wanted to hear it sound like a fartin harley, but Polaris could have done a little better then that for sound. It sounds like a Honda Rebel.
 A nice deep mellow sound that isn't obnoxious and retarded is actually cool.

I totally agree - But I have a 98 decibal limit when it comes time to register it... :?

I'm dealing with that as we speak in regards to my TurboBusa.  :cry:

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2007, 12:27:42 PM »
Hey Jerry,
the noise-limit is bad in Germany.
But therefor, you have no Speed-limit on Highways  :D(mostly)
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2007, 12:36:15 PM »

Thats it !!!!  I`m in bits now !!!!   :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Just spat my Christmas cake all over the screen !!!!!!!!!!   :rfl:

Priceless one liner  :thumb:
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »
my bikes "put out" :D cheap date really!
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline amad

• Rider
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2007, 02:24:46 PM »
I started out with a Yamaha V-Star 1100...loved it.  Then went to a Ninja 650R...loved it.  Then went to a Busa...LOVE IT!!!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2007, 06:45:29 PM »

i hope so for his sake

Hi guys,

Not nearly enough(especially in winter,my balls rattle around like ice cubes in a rock glass!),we'd be making double what we are now if not for all the damned illegals who've invaded the harbor over the last 10 years,running around trying to lowball/undercut everybody(i'm thinking if i take a few down to the bottom in a rear naked choke maybe things will start improving a little :lol:),but i like being under water so will have to make the best of it.

Later bros,

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2007, 07:15:19 PM »
Hey guys, this reply is directed to those of you who feel you must bad mouth the Harley,s  nobody is asking you to go out and buy a Harley, but do you guys notice there,s no Harley only riders running there mouth about what a POS the jap bikes are and how they would never own one I,v had 5 Harley,s and proably a dozen UJMs over the years, including the Turbo Busa and one of the Honda,s is the only one that ever caused me to walk home come to think of it that bikes the only one that ever leaked oil.  like I said at the beginning of this thread both bikes have there place  and you should leave it at that  :|
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2007, 07:17:53 PM »
Hey guys, this reply is directed to those of you who feel you must bad mouth the Harley,s  nobody is asking you to go out and buy a Harley, but do you guys notice there,s no Harley only riders running there mouth about what a POS the jap bikes are and how they would never own one I,v had 5 Harley,s and proably a dozen UJMs over the years, including the Turbo Busa and one of the Honda,s is the only one that ever caused me to walk home come to think of it that bikes the only one that ever leaked oil.  like I said at the beginning of this thread both bikes have there place  and you should leave it at that  :|
i am sure on the harley forums they are running their mouths :P

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2