Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?  (Read 41002 times)

Offline Blackcloud

• Post Whore
Re: Survey, How many sport bike owners also own Harleys?
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 10:16:43 PM »
metric cruisers at my house. have a busa and a 1600 vulcan with less money invested than 1 harley

Offline 8secCHEVELLE

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 10:26:05 PM »
Never owned a harley, don't ever plan on it. Just my .02

+1
I am more into muscle cars than harleys

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
  • I do what the voices tell me to...sometimes..what?
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 10:44:26 PM »
first of all, i have several turbo busa's and am currently building another one ...dont knock the harleys ...dont be haters!! i love the hayabusa, and i also have a 04 screamin eagle deuce and a v-rod as well (in progress) the busa is awesome but for the long rides with my buds it doesnt get any better than my harley, just to relax and enjoy the "ride"....and no my shit dont leak or has ever broke down after 8k miles! so i am a fan either way...be grateful that you can ride, no matter what kind of bike you have!!

oh...and briank...since you are a newb to the turbo world and are dogging the harleys...i have a v-rod that just might spank that little stage 1 of yours...ready????

all in fun
tim
Damn you must be fast... cause you were haulin ass when i passed you!

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 11:03:51 PM »
i just have my busa and my kaw kfx700 atv.

i would like to own a cruiser one day.

maybe a harley...

Offline Vmax Antonio

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 11:08:49 PM »
Harley Davidson is the worlds most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower

A Harley is a loose collection of junk travelling in roughly the same direction
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I just stoped in to take a peek and I think just pissed myself laughing :thumb: :rfl:  :clp: :rfl:
 :woot: :crzy: :lol2: :rfl: :lmao:

If harley would just spend as much money on engineers as they do on attorneys, maybe they could build a modern motorcycle. They actually tried to patent the "potato" noise they make, they sued Boss Hog over the use of hog and eventually lost both cases. They got reagan to put a 50% on all bikes over 750CCs entering the country. It's no wonder they are known for Yestrdays Technology at Tomorrows Prices.

Just take a look

http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2007/12/harley-loses-mexico-sportster-trademark.htm

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 11:11:45 PM »

maybe a harley...
grecco, you are close to me...anytime you want to take my deuce out for a cruise or even keep it for the week you just let me know...its a great relaxing ride!! i do alot for my bro's...just say the word and its yours for a week  :thumb:

have a safe new year my friend  :thumb:
tim

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »

maybe a harley...
grecco, you are close to me...anytime you want to take my deuce out for a cruise or even keep it for the week you just let me know...its a great relaxing ride!! i do alot for my bro's...just say the word and its yours for a week  :thumb:

tim

:shock:
Damn trbobusa !!!!
Don't tempt me !!!!  :P
that is very nice of you !!!!
i love your bike !!!!

have a good new year also tim.
 :thumb:
 :beechug:

Offline Vmax Antonio

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 11:26:41 PM »
harley gave em the V-rod that actually had some power and the harley faithful rejected it ..
Go figure.

That wasn't the first time the "grateful harley heads" screwed up. They actually had a V4 WATER COOLED concept bike in the mid 70s or so, but the "faithful" chose antiques instead.

http://www.bikerenews.com/AntiqueBikes/CodeNameNova.htm

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 11:28:55 PM »
first of all, i have several turbo busa's and am currently building another one ...dont knock the harleys ...dont be haters!! i love the hayabusa, and i also have a 04 screamin eagle deuce and a v-rod as well (in progress) the busa is awesome but for the long rides with my buds it doesnt get any better than my harley, just to relax and enjoy the "ride"....and no my shit dont leak or has ever broke down after 8k miles! so i am a fan either way...be grateful that you can ride, no matter what kind of bike you have!!

oh...and briank...since you are a newb to the turbo world and are dogging the harleys...i have a v-rod that just might spank that little stage 1 of yours...ready????

all in fun
tim
but thats my point it does get better than a harley! what about a m109? what about a vstar? what about a vulcan? how a about a valkyrie? all cruisers all more powerful than any stock harley all better bikes from top to bottom all less expensive than the harley. are you trying to tell me that they are not as comfortable as a harley? i have ridden my friends 2006 street glide many times. for 20k you would expect alot more out of a bike. he pulls up and the front brakes squeel really loud. harley tells him  he doesnt need front floating rotors, they are solid he is going to get aftermarket rotors cause it is embarrassing wtf. he also needs an aftermarket rear suspension brace cause the rear swingarm is rubber mounted and floats to much in the turns.. a known issue with that bike that harley ignores. my brother has a 97 road king that i also ride cause when i go out with them they all want to swap with me. that bike has zero braking power. neither one is a horrible bike but both are not much bike for the amount of$$ involved. i owned a valkyrie which was just as comfortable as either one. once i shoot down the perforformance of the harley compared to metric cruisers i always here the comfort arguement. metric cruisers are just as comfortable maybe even more so because your butt is padded with all the $$ you saved not buying the harley. and sure i will run you on the v-rod but i want a 10 bike length headstart :P

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 11:31:52 PM »

maybe a harley...

tim

:shock:
Damn trbobusa !!!!
Don't tempt me !!!!  :P
that is very nice of you !!!!
i love your bike !!!!

have a good new year also tim.
 :thumb:
 :beechug:

by the way grecco, this is the bike you will be riding for the week!

tim  :wink:

Offline Vmax Antonio

• Rider

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »

all in fun
tim
but thats my point it does get better than a harley! what about a m109? what about a vstar? what about a vulcan? how a about a valkyrie? all cruisers all more powerful than any stock harley all better bikes from top to bottom all less expensive than the harley. are you trying to tell me that they are not as comfortable as a harley? i have ridden my friends 2006 street glide many times. for 20k you would expect alot more out of a bike. he pulls up and the front brakes squeel really loud. harley tells him  he doesnt need front floating rotors, they are solid he is going to get aftermarket rotors cause it is embarrassing wtf. he also needs an aftermarket rear suspension brace cause the rear swingarm is rubber mounted and floats to much in the turns.. a known issue with that bike that harley ignores. my brother has a 97 road king that i also ride cause when i go out with them they all want to swap with me. that bike has zero braking power. neither one is a horrible bike but both are not much bike for the amount of$$ involved. i owned a valkyrie which was just as comfortable as either one. once i shoot down the perforformance of the harley compared to metric cruisers i always here the comfort arguement. metric cruisers are just as comfortable maybe even more so because your butt is padded with all the $$ you saved not buying the harley. and sure i will run you on the v-rod but i want a 10 bike length headstart :P
:lol: i hear ya bro! i just love to ride and my harley satisfies me on the long ride, sure the metrics will outlast them...but its all in good fun..and i got a killer deal on my deuce...and its great to just "cruise" every once in a while...as far as 10 lengths.hmmm ....i think maybe 2 or 3 but i dont race for free...at least a 12 pack  :lol: and we have to drink it together.  :lol: dont like to drink alone...

all in fun bro...be safe on that beast...

tim

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 11:44:18 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eHNRgg3mQqA

:rfl: :lmao: :rfl:
what was so funny about that???  :?: that guy was never funny...or did i miss something? maybe i dont drink enough  :?

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 11:44:58 PM »
1000% in fun. i go to americade every year and get razzed all week long cause everyone i go with is on a harley. the best thing about my friends with the harleys is they are ALWAYS ready to go for an all day ride. thats why i log by far the most miles on my bike with harleys. i want at least 5 lengths :P
have a safe new year :thumb:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

what was so funny about that???  :?: that guy was never funny...or did i miss something? maybe i dont drink enough  :?

the humor is in the truth of it :P

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 11:46:33 PM »
1000% in fun. i go to americade every year and get razzed all week long cause everyone i go with is on a harley. the best thing about my friends with the harleys is they are ALWAYS ready to go for an all day ride. thats why i log by far the most miles on my bike with harleys. i want at least 5 lengths :P
have a safe new year :thumb:
safe new year to you also... :thumb:

and 2 lengths only...lol

tim

Offline nitrosportster

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2007, 12:13:48 AM »
I have a busa and a harley i drag race both my harley's best is 10.17 at 135 mph stock wheelbase and foot shifted and no wheelie bar just a lot of motor work. Busa best time is 9.58 at 148 mph with just power commander and lowered. Love all my bikes and my harley is my pride and joy but the busa  just  keeps impressing me I ride it to the track for sat night bracket racing and ride it home it so mild yet  so fast and to think that i really didn't want a busa but my wife wanted it so we could ride together comfortable GOD I LOVE MY WIFE! The thing that a hate about harley's is the people a lot of them don't know how to act, you got catolog riders and overnight bikers and throttle jockeys they all drive me crazy.                         
03 BUSA
00.5 MILLE
92 SPORTSTER
89 CB-1
http://www.myspace.com/nitrosportster

Offline Doogie

• Rider
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2007, 12:31:58 AM »
Just the busa here  :P

Online MFKA

• Rider
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2007, 03:25:36 AM »
I don't own a harley - like to however right now I'm happy with 3 - 79 KZ1300's , 01 Busa and 06 Goldwing

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »
I have an 07 Buell XB12S so I guess thats classified as a Harley  :thumb: :lol:

When it comes to bikes, variety is the spice of life !  8)
I love the way you Americans have lots of different styles of bikes in the garage. Its something that doesn't cross the pond.

We have some very retentive attitudes here to what people ride. We still have quite a lot of the chops and Harley riders v sports bike riders.
But that stale old mindest is breaking down slowly here.

As I allways say:

IT AINT WHAT YOU RIDE, ITS THE FACT THAT YOU DO RIDE !  :smokin:

I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 06:42:48 AM »

I thought he pretty much hit the nail on the head,exactly what i was talking about earlier on in this thread.I don't at all hate a H-D just for being a H-D(having owned 11 different Pans,Pan/Shovels,96" stroker Shovel[$4,000 in motor work back in the day to get a whopping 80 HP :lol:]and a Fatboy),i was as diehard as they come for 25 years...i just can't stand 90% of the people on them these days.Out here(SoCal)you'll run into dozens of the Jesse James $70,000 look-a-likes every weekend,owners looking like they double checked the list on page 27 of the Easyriders handbook on how to dress/act like a "real" biker before they left home,then trying not to acknowledge anybody they meet on a Jap bike so they fit the old image of 20 years ago.After a quick stop at Cook's Corner where they try to pick up some lame chick looking for a Sunday afternoon "bad boy",it's back in the garage in it's spot between the Mercedes and the Beemer.I still get the urge to run one down and make him stand there and hold my jacket while his old lady gives me a blowjob,but i pretty much behave myself these days and just blow by 'em at warp factor 9.Guess ya gotta still hand it to H-D for being on top of the marketing game,they were pretty much fucked there for a while until they started targeting the yuppies(and we gotta have somebody to harass,get pretty boring out there if everybody rode a turbo Busa... :thumb:).Besides,i still like looking at the racks on some of those old hookers stuffed into those little leather H-D halter tops...long live H-D! :beechug: 
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 07:40:34 AM »
Well for the record I'm no yuppie poser...me and my dyna are on page 74 of the April 2005 Easyriders. I live in Louisiana and ride daily 24/7 365 and as you can tell really could care less what any of you think of me.

if you are in easyriders mag that automatically qualifies you for yuppie poser status :rfl:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline Racetrack14

• Post Whore
  • First Father Daughter Team to Join the 200MPH Club
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2007, 08:13:16 AM »
I bought a metric cruiser, dressed it up, rode it for awhile then came to the conclusion that it was just too damn slow and boring for me to ride. Took it down and traded for another Busa.

Racetrack14

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2007, 08:14:01 AM »
If I had the money for a G2 big inch V-Twin from Star Racing that would be in my dyna now. Unfortunately I'm not rich so I had to settle for a 'busa instead. Each bike has it's place, but for an old guy like me with a bad back, the HD is more fun on long trips. Reliability is a factor when you play with HD's so mine is a cam only bike with bolt-ons. I challenge any of you hotshots to come to Louisiana to bracket race non electronic. If I don't beat you I guarantee you the other HD rider will! For me there is more to life than going fast because there is always someone else willing to spend more regardless what you ride.

Don't get your panties in a twist there gator,the "had to settle for a 'busa instead", and "if i don't beat you the other H-D rider will!" kinda rubbed my fur the wrong way,especially on a Busa board.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline ks-waterbug

• Rider
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »
2 Busas and 1 HD (06 FLSTC)...

Love the HD for the long haul, had 10 or so metric's and they just don't tickle my fancy like the HD and I was a Hater for years! This was my first HD and I'll get another when this one gets old. It really doesn't matter what anything cost, cause I promise it wouldn't be in your garage at any price! Its just not your cup of tea and thats ok with me.... The metric bikes aren't in the same class as the HD and I can live with that cause to me they are timeless. The metrics are a lot of bike for the money, can't argue that, but I would beg to differ that they are as timeless as the HD. Show me a ten year old metric and I'll show you a dinosaur... Not the case with a HD, there a lot like a bottle of fine wine in that they just get more valuable with time. Maybe thats part of the reason for the price disparity.... And trust me metrics will catch HD in price! Look at the automobile market, wasn't that long ago import cars were a lot less then American made! Not so today, in fact many are just as much if not more....