Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Tires  (Read 16153 times)

Offline mercenary

• Restricted
  • Rider
Re: Tires
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 02:02:15 AM »
After all the reading I've done since starting this thread it looks like the tire to have is the Michelin Pilot road 2.

Ok may i know why do you say that?

Independent test show that the overall performance (meaning to me good grip and high mileage)of the tire out does all others. Probably because it is comprised of two different tread compounds.
The center is of a long lasting compound for high mileage and the side being of a softer compound for good cornering.
There are tires that grip better and there are tires that wear longer, however there are no tires that do both.
Except the Pilot Power 2ct in which both compounds are softer.

Hmmm ok.Is it a high speed touring tyre?Is it stable during high speed for our busa

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »
 Im sure PR2 is a great tire but price is not in line with other great tires .There is lots to choose from .
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline ira1031

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 08:37:22 PM »
Im sure PR2 is a great tire but price is not in line with other great tires .There is lots to choose from .

tire's are like helmet's dont go cheap , you get what you pay for!!! ONLY THE BEST!!!!

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »

tire's are like helmet's dont go cheap , you get what you pay for!!! ONLY THE BEST!!!!

bad analogy... My  expensive ,so called top of line arai  Q2 hemet is a  piece of shit ,( visor system falls apart at the worst times)on the other hand my not quite so expensive   trouble free  Shoei rf1000 is  top notch .
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 09:16:05 PM by zzr12pete »

Offline ira1031

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 12:08:56 AM »

bad analogy... My  expensive ,so called top of line arai  Q2 hemet is a  piece of shit ,( visor system falls apart at the worst times)on the other hand my not quite so expensive   trouble free  Shoei rf1000 is  top notch .

k first of all your fact's are off, the Arai "quantum 2" is not "top of the line!!" It's equivalant if not less than the Shoei RF 1000. And just cause your visor screen is falling apart that means you just got a bad helemt. If you were smart then you would have known better and  USE YOUR waranty on your "top of the line" hemet and get a new one.  From Arai the RX7 is top of the line. And like I said in my previous statment any real serious rider will know when it comes to helmet and tires you don't go cheap you get what you pay for. `

You dont put a price on your head an you dont put a price on your saftey!!!

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 04:38:40 AM »
i dont know why im arguing with you ira ,you seem like maybe new to bikes and i dont usually bother.
 Yes Arai will fix gladly fix your helmet,but what  good is that if your days away from home and missing parts.
Enough about helmets.
Only point Im making here is ,ALL the top brands are good ,99% of street riders will never get close to finding limits of traction on even sport -touring tires .
They are SO  good they could be used on a road course  by fast,skilled rider .
Go ahead buy the most expensive tire if you think "expensive" gives you an edge.  BTW IVe used a few pair of PR1s and WOULD  recomend . Like I said they are all good ,dont beleive all the hype  like there is some kind of magic tire now all the sudden.
 More expensive  does not always = better.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:49:14 AM by zzr12pete »

Offline mercenary

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »

Yup totally agree,tried out my new and first Shoei RF-1000. :thumb:The disadvantage is that only the cheeks are able to dismantle and wash.Not the whole helmet inners.

Offline mercenary

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »

k first of all your fact's are off, the Arai "quantum 2" is not "top of the line!!" It's equivalant if not less than the Shoei RF 1000. And just cause your visor screen is falling apart that means you just got a bad helemt. If you were smart then you would have known better and  USE YOUR waranty on your "top of the line" hemet and get a new one.  From Arai the RX7 is top of the line. And like I said in my previous statment any real serious rider will know when it comes to helmet and tires you don't go cheap you get what you pay for. `

You dont put a price on your head an you dont put a price on your saftey!!!
Totally agree,theres this chinese idiom that goes like this.You pay 1 cent you get 1 cent type,quality and etc.Type of everything.You dont pay peanuts to get monkeys.

Offline mercenary

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 02:27:47 PM »
i dont know why im arguing with you ira ,you seem like maybe new to bikes and i dont usually bother.
 Yes Arai will fix gladly fix your helmet,but what  good is that if your days away from home and missing parts.
Enough about helmets.
Only point Im making here is ,ALL the top brands are good ,99% of street riders will never get close to finding limits of traction on even sport -touring tires .
They are SO  good they could be used on a road course  by fast,skilled rider .
Go ahead buy the most expensive tire if you think "expensive" gives you an edge.  BTW IVe used a few pair of PR1s and WOULD  recomend . Like I said they are all good ,dont beleive all the hype  like there is some kind of magic tire now all the sudden.
 More expensive  does not always = better.
hmmm you do you your point too on the last phrase.Actually theres no right or wrong the way i look at it.End of the day its up to individual preferences :D

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »
well, Arai helmet is worth about 1 cent IMO.  Keep duct tape handy  :lol:

Offline RodeRash

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »
Has anyone used Michelin HPX before?If yes please comment on th tyre at high speed,cornering and etc,Thanks

Look here  http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=126301.0

Offline fivesaints

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 06:56:20 AM »
I use the pirrelli diablo strada and am amazed I'm gettin 10k out of moderate riding. No burn outs.

Offline warezdog

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 11:37:32 AM »
Holy crap, I guess I'm a candy-ass with my bike!  I have 11,000 miles on the OEM tires and I'm just now looking to replace them.  :lol:

WHOLLY CRAP 11K!!!
Just comiing up on 3K and the stock rear shitcoz is showing wear indicators!
Had Mich's on my Kat, they were good tire for a light quick bike but I think after I wear out another shitcoz in the rear I'll try a set of Metz M3's since they're reasonable and Zr rated.
Black '07 Full HMF highmount w/black cf cans-small airbox mod-Pair Valve mod-PCIII USB-TRE-twin fans-aluminum sub-custom undertail-switchbacks with LED flasher mod-kevlar front brake lines-clutch slave support-steering dampner mod-HID& more!

Offline Carpe Diem

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Fraser Valley, BC
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 04:02:22 AM »
New Avon Storms

Howdy... copy/crop from my post at BCSportbikes.com
* Bike ridden primarily in Vancouver, BC area, Fraser Valley, Mar-Nov

Maker- Avon
Model- Storm ST
Size- Front-120/70 HB17 73W AV56 $225 Can
Rear- 190/50 HB17 73W AV55 $159 Can
Installed on- 2000 Busa, slightly modded, racetech susp, trees dropped 3/8"
Ridden for 400 kms, short weekend blitz

** Update... another 500k around town and grocery getting and they remain excellent cold and warm...

**Update 08Jun08_Its been written several other places, these tires do make my Busa feel 100lbs lighter...

Rating- 1/Excellent to 5/Terrible- 1 Very happy... so far
Comments-
* Replacing set BT 012s (same sizes) rear tire to wear bars. Wanted tires that gave more center tread life and warmed up quicker in cooler weather. Although I found a couple old reports indicating some cupping, the vast majority felt these tires were outstanding. This weekend scoot to Harrison (mountains out the valley) these tires performed flawlessly.
* Shop installer felt tires were sticky as some of hi-perf street-sport tires they install. Owner mentioned he was gonna order set for family member after seeing mine.
* Cool unexpected benefit: Not sure if it's just that their new, but the tire/ride height was significant enough that I felt I'd gone up a tooth on my front sprocket. High torque motor ate this up giving me way longer legs in lower gears... much increase in fun factor! 
:beechug:

http://masterwitt.com/_bike/08May16_Busa-tires%20001_s.jpg

http://masterwitt.com/_bike/08May16_Busa-tires%20003_s.jpg

http://masterwitt.com/_bike/08May16_Busa-tires%20004_s.jpg
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 05:32:18 PM by Carpe Diem »
" Ride like you're invisible, not invincible "
" Freedom ain't free"

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »
Holy crap, I guess I'm a candy-ass with my bike!  I have 11,000 miles on the OEM tires and I'm just now looking to replace them.  :lol:
I don't know about being a candy ass but your definatly not very agressive
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Frank06

• Site Donor
  • Rider
  • Timer and EV Tech - LTA
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2008, 07:19:05 AM »
Avon Storm

:thumb: :thumb:
206 mph on street legal electric ' Busa

Offline Bingo

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
You get what you pay for, another myth, you pay for the Brand name and graphics not really what you think your getting. Fiberglass, Carbon fiber was not effective, or should i say NOT as Safe as  ABS/polycarbonate Shell.

Some one had a link of Tests with all the high priced helmets and the cheapest helmet and the cheapest helmet polycarbonate, was deemed the safest.  :wink:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
Fiberglass no, but proberly done carbon material is just about as tough as abs, a bit lighter BUT a whole lot more money
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline jnaugler53

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »
What does everyone think of the Stock Bridgestone tires???????????

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »
Did not have a problem with them, rear seemed to wear to fast, don't remember exactly but it was no more than 3K, have pilot power on now has a little over 5K but its about had it

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2008, 10:41:16 PM »
They didnt give me one problem .Got about 3500 miles .