Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Dynojet fined 1 Million dollars  (Read 16538 times)

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
Re: Dynojet fined 1 Million dollars
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
 :wink: 8)
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 10:06:55 AM »
was the case before or after Dynojet release the Power Commander EX?

seems like the EX is a street legal option for the people in CA..

Thats EXACTLY why they came out with the EX. :roll:
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »
State watchdogs do this shit now and then to show people they are not siting on there butts and Dynojet happened to be vulnerable
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 07:21:51 PM »
That state needs the cash to pay for all the free medical treatment the illegals receive. Money grubbing a holes.

considering their diet i would imagine they fart alot also. Somebody should go check those emissions.
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline WVBusa

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 07:29:20 PM »
This WILL put a damper on the whole aftermarket industry.  I buy the parts but do my own installation.  We may all have to go the self install route IF we still are able to even do that.  CA is wagging the dog.

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 08:10:40 PM »

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »
Just wait til the EPA starts attacking us private folks for "Altering Emissions" . If you read the laws, anyone can be fined heavily for altering your emissions.
 Its a matter of time before it will be enforced, as the tree huggers are running the world now.

We will all be in trouble.
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »
kinda makes ya want to kick Al Gore in the gonads huh?  I've wanted to do that for some time now anyway, and his little wife and dog too. :twisted:
233 mph Texas Mile

Offline RedlineStands

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
Damn!  That's a bit harsh don't ya think?

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 01:09:30 PM »
Yes, but it's tongue-in-cheek.   :wink:
233 mph Texas Mile

Offline craigster

• Rider
    • Hell Fire Performance
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »
This shite has been in the works for a while.  two years ago the EPA and CARB were going to CA dealers and demanding detailed lists of customers who had been sold Power Commanders.  Some dealers stopped selling the things altogether.

Hence the EX - basic PC to satisfy CARB and keep you from tuning the most glitchy area of the map. 

Fortunately $1 M is small for Dynojet, but it shows that us little guys can be attacked and shut down in a heartbeat just for tuning bikes to run their best.

Thanks Mr. Gore!

Offline Andrew71787

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 05:22:39 AM »
This is sad, but its the way the world is getting now days.  If you want to do something about it, instead of sitting on your ass like most people, join an organization like AMA, (American Motorcycle association).  or a similar group.  these groups lobby in congress to help promote the rights of motorcyclists of all variety's. you can also write your congressman, however i don't know how much good that'll do unless you include a check of somekind to his campaign fund, but its worth a try.  its Politics, and you can fight back too if you decide to get motivated and do something about it.  there is power in numbers, and thats what those tree huggers have.

This isn't the first time our way of life has been attacked, the IIHS, (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) recently had a press release of some skewed statistics. its in The January 2008 issue of Sport Rider Magazine if any ones interested. the article in Sport rider is called "Distorting the Facts-again"   

One of the Quotes from Anne McCartt, the senior vice president for research at HLDI, states "Motorcyclists presumably buy supersports and sportbikes because they want to go fast, and manufacturers are happy to oblige.  Short of banning supersport and sport motorcycles from public roadways, capping the speed of these street-legal racing machines at the factory might be one way to reduce their risk."

She seems to feel she needs to save me from myself huh, personally i like the Darwinism thing, stupid people taking themselves out of the gene pool.  This isn't the first time I've heard this, I've also heard of talks about capping Horsepower on bikes, to help save more lives.  these are just some of the things politicians are hearing, and if there's no one to fight back, they will pass these laws. they might not ban sport bikes, but top speed limits, and power limits are a serious reality, we are already finding out what they can do with emissions restrictions, lets not let it go any further.

join an organization, or do something to help protect your rights, your right to ride, the right to personalize, the right to live the life you want to live.

Thanks for your time, -Andrew

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 06:31:39 AM »
How would the California model (EX) differ from the "49 state" model anyway,as far as tuning capabilities/actual performance losses,etc.?
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »
I'm AMA member #954052.  I read the articles that you mentioned and felt the disgust.  You didn't mention that the median age of motocyclists is 41 in this country.  Most squids don't fit into this age group.  The vast majority if bikes and corresponding number of accidents and fatalities are cruisers rather than sportbikes.  A small minority of tree huggers are distorting these facts (as you and the article mentioned).  There are so many positive aspects to motorcycling that get brushed over because some do gooder got passed by a squid doing a wheelie on the freeway.  The Darwin concept is called 'Natural Selection' and would be fine with me if there weren't cagers getting killed in the process.  Dead cagers are what cause these types of attempted oppression.  A large percentage of the accidents are caused by the well-known left-turn cager and the cagers who pull out in front of bikes.  The number of motorcycle accidents and fatalities is tiny compared to cage only incidents.  The amount of exhaust coming from even a performance tuned bike is smaller compared to a diesel pickup with a chip tuner in it, blowing black clouds of smoke, and making just as much noise as a sportbike.  Granted, some Hardley riders create an inordinate amount of noise with their straight-through pipes.  This is also the goup of bikers who normally have the least experience.  Many middle-aged men having the obligatory mid-life crisis buy cruisers, and their lack of experience gets them killed.
233 mph Texas Mile