Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Dynojet fined 1 Million dollars  (Read 16535 times)

Offline Hamzbusa

• Rider
Re: Dynojet fined 1 Million dollars
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »
I hope Arnold doesn't have a power commander for his Harley that he used to ride while in office with no license
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:58:26 PM by Hamzbusa »
'05 busa, switched TRE (homemade), my exhaust, pilots.
Proving heavyweights can corner.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
fuck that whole state shit whole

between thier bullshit emissions and bullshit gun laws, id rather live ANYWHERE else in the US...

good for you pal
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Quasar

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »
Technically, if Dynojet were inclined, they should be able to beat the fine. After all, an aftermarket tuning device COULD just as easily be used to LEAN the A/F ratio to provide improved fuel economy (as I do on my motorcycles particularly at steady cruise speeds), which could only DECREASE CO1 (Carbon Monoxide) and CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) emissions compared to stock tuning.

Since Dynojet dynos provide A/F ratios, they could come to court with dozens of before (stock emissions) and after (emissions after appropriate Power Commander retuning) dyno runs that PROVE that stock engines are now producing even LESS emissions than production stock via appropriate tuning using their product.

I suppose Dynojet felt it best to simply pay the fine rather than prove their product's worth, which doesn't say very much for Dynojet.

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 11:09:16 PM »

between thier bullshit emissions and bullshit gun laws, id rather live ANYWHERE else in the US...

good for you pal

I'm with your pal.  When's the big one coming?
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline GenII Busa

• Rider
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 01:14:08 AM »
Technically, if Dynojet were inclined, they should be able to beat the fine. After all, an aftermarket tuning device COULD just as easily be used to LEAN the A/F ratio to provide improved fuel economy (as I do on my motorcycles particularly at steady cruise speeds), which could only DECREASE CO1 (Carbon Monoxide) and CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) emissions compared to stock tuning.

Since Dynojet dynos provide A/F ratios, they could come to court with dozens of before (stock emissions) and after (emissions after appropriate Power Commander retuning) dyno runs that PROVE that stock engines are now producing even LESS emissions than production stock via appropriate tuning using their product.

I suppose Dynojet felt it best to simply pay the fine rather than prove their product's worth, which doesn't say very much for Dynojet.

Per news article text quoted in Post #6 on page 1 of this thread, it indicates that DynoJet did not stipulate the PC as being for "off road use only", and as such put the responsibility upon themselves and not the vehicle owner who was using the PC to modify the emissions of their Federally controlled machine.

That's why they paid the fine ... because they knew they fooked up.  :cry: :lol:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:46:02 PM by GenII Busa »

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2008, 07:42:58 AM »

good for you pal

you mean the earthquake that will finally dump that communist shithole into the ocean? not soon enough...

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 08:14:08 AM »

good for you pal

you mean the earthquake that will finally dump that communist shithole into the ocean? not soon enough...

What paradise do all you boys live in?Must not be on this planet. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »
jeff dont worry about it. we'd both like to see things from other people's points of view, but we cant get our heads that far up our asses.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2008, 06:42:43 AM »

good for you pal

Im glad you think where you live is "paradise".
 I live in Mn, and I think I live in "paradise" too. We also have some fucked up conservative laws up here, it seems people that create all these fucking laws have nothing better to do, then wreck what others like to do for fun.

As far as paradise goes, up here we have four distint seasons, and every season has its pleasures. For example, right now we have snow and frozen rivers. I spent my whole weekend riding snowmobile down the river leading a group of 20 somethings on anything from dirtbikes, ATVs and snowmobiles. Picture a 50 foot wide switch back ice covered road, that seems to go on forever, that you can stud up your tires or track and ride like you wish you could ride your Busa, without fear of being arrested.

In the summer we have good roads, and 10,000 plus lakes to play in if you like water!

You can have your earthquake, fire and flood state. You have too many people AND too many fucked up laws, that are 10 times more fucked up then ours.

Just because people laugh at your state doesn't make you a bad guy, so don't get worked up Jeff.

How about the Church of Scientology? How the hell does an organization like that be allowed to continue to operate?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:50:06 AM by Falcon-A »
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Andrew71787

• Rider
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2008, 07:25:52 AM »
I live in MN as well, and there is no place i'd rather be right now than riding my 150hp MXZ X 800 rev snowmobile. the exhaust on that thing is so loud you can hear me coming from at least 3 miles away. and it gets a whole 6 miles per gallon.  (well thats when i'm the one driving, i did baby it once to see what i could get, and got 11mpg)  California would just love me.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »

good for you pal

Im glad you think where you live is "paradise".
 I live in Mn, and I think I live in "paradise" too. We also have some fucked up conservative laws up here, it seems people that create all these fucking laws have nothing better to do, then wreck what others like to do for fun.

As far as paradise goes, up here we have four distint seasons, and every season has its pleasures. For example, right now we have snow and frozen rivers. I spent my whole weekend riding snowmobile down the river leading a group of 20 somethings on anything from dirtbikes, ATVs and snowmobiles. Picture a 50 foot wide switch back ice covered road, that seems to go on forever, that you can stud up your tires or track and ride like you wish you could ride your Busa, without fear of being arrested.

In the summer we have good roads, and 10,000 plus lakes to play in if you like water!

You can have your earthquake, fire and flood state. You have too many people AND too many fucked up laws, that are 10 times more fucked up then ours.

Just because people laugh at your state doesn't make you a bad guy, so don't get worked up Jeff.

How about the Church of Scientology? How the hell does an organization like that be allowed to continue to operate?

I'm not a native of CA bros,only moving here 10 years ago myself.All i ever said was out of the 6 or 7 states (IL[35 years],IN,FL,CO,AZ)i've lived in previously this one happens to be the best as far as shit to do goes(mountains,deserts,lakes,ocean,year 'round riding,etc.),and we have your "seasons" also,they're just spread around the state all at pretty much the same time.The major problem i'm facing are all the damned illegal wetbacks,i'm self employed as a diver and haven't been able to give myself a raise in 4 years with those motherfuckers coming around and lowballing the few of us left.I used to think "fuck CA" myself 'til i moved here,and other than maybe a few laws(which there are always ways around)it's a pretty good place to live.I didn't come on here dumpin' on anyone else's state/home and anyone who knows me knows i'm probably one of the best people you'll ever meet.Think i'll take a break from this board for a while,no need wakin' up pissed off at somebody on the other side of the country. :lol:You boys have a good one. :thumb:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 08:09:59 AM »
jeff dont worry about it. we'd both like to see things from other people's points of view, but we cant get our heads that far up our asses.

A busy week for you coming up,2 motors to pull. :lol:

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »
Did you guys know that Dynojet was fined a million dollars?  Relax.  Some people say things tongue in cheek.  Jeez.   8)
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile