Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Bad Rattle/Knock in bottom end, NEED some serious opinions  (Read 25606 times)

Offline slw4red

• Apprentice Post Whore
Re: Bad Rattle/Knock in bottom end, NEED some serious opinions
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 04:05:52 AM »
Alot of people are trying to tell me they have a noisy motor..  this noise isn't just a "motor" noise in my noob opinion anyway lol it just sounds to harsh to be good for it =/

=]  talking about harsh :P  wow the busa gets thirsty when you go fast lol  but she flies extremely well over the 220kph mark, i was very surprised  its insane how aerodynamic they are

Offline whtrthanu

• Post Master
    • www.saeoutlawperformance.com
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
sometimes the clutch pusher rod and the shaft fuse together for some reason, that might be what your hearing...it sounds like a slight rattle or squeaking, usually when you just apply alittle clutch pressure it goes away....

Offline slw4red

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 10:58:06 PM »
Exactly, i only pull the clutch in around 5-10mm and its perfect,      hmm  we may be onto something here :)

Offline whtrthanu

• Post Master
    • www.saeoutlawperformance.com
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 11:03:46 PM »
sometimes my brain works :D

Offline scbusa09

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 06:11:57 PM »
hey im a new member and i just wanted to say im pretty sure i have the same problem. but it does it clutch in or out, but only seems to do it at idle. i have an 06 with 3000miles on it and it was starting to worry me a lil. still dont know what it could be. also seems like it started doin it when my bike hit high temps on the strp at bike week. who knows i might just be over worried.

Offline scbusa09

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
i guess its nothing to worry about. like someone said on this post its alot of metal moving around in there

Offline JW OLDBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »
I've always had some noise at idle in my '00. I did a 2mm big bore on it, the trans (or engine) rattles more than stock Probably from more compression. I did get rid of a some of it by synching the throttle bodies when mapped.
1397= MY AFFORDABLE TURBO

Offline slw4red

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 08:10:04 AM »
Hi everyone,    well i'm back with good news  :D i had all the clutch components replaced all for genuine suzuki gear, (suzuki did all the work on it too) very costly but i don't really care, as my motor is perfectly silent and has very little vibration  :D :D :D :D
But also come with bad news,
Since then i have noticed my back brake disk is absolutely stuffed,   never seen 1 so worn before "personally" and i have a bit of a goofy front end rattle,   maybe the headset bearings :?:   no idea, but ill put it in to get fixed soon,   and GAWD my clutch must have been slipping really bad as i feel like i have twice the HP on tap now  :bah: :vl: :bah:  8) 8)  :twisted:

Thanks for all your help on the thread
Cheers

Offline starchild

• New User!
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 09:27:53 PM »
you received some good info  stay away from dealer unless your warrateed but i just went through this with my bike,at idle i would hear a noise as if it wanted to go into gear or a clicking noise. these guys are correct it is in your clutch basket,or better yet behind the basket.it was the gear shift mechanism. the cam is bolted to the case with a spacer and spring the bolt had backed off and left the cam floating back and fourth the cam has a circular roller.and it never knew gear placement.it would shift with no problem but at idle or when tilting the bike to the right it would make that noise and it would only stop when the clutch was pulled in. simple fix. save your money and it helps to learn your bike.

Offline larizon

• New User!
  • Rider
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 11:46:14 PM »
My 02 busa with 40K miles had a rattle at idle also and kind of a shudder when letting out the clutch in first gear, after taking it apart I found that the springs in the clutch basket were all loose, call me crazy but I opened the spring keepers just enough and put a penny in front of each spring and closed it back up.
 the rattle is gone and the clutch operates smoothly now and it didn't cost me a dime! - only 5 pennies  LOL

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »
My 02 busa with 40K miles had a rattle at idle also and kind of a shudder when letting out the clutch in first gear, after taking it apart I found that the springs in the clutch basket were all loose, call me crazy but I opened the spring keepers just enough and put a penny in front of each spring and closed it back up.
 the rattle is gone and the clutch operates smoothly now and it didn't cost me a dime! - only 5 pennies  LOL
Cheaper than the flat washers I used :lol:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »
 :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Cubano100

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Bad Rattle/Knock in bottom end, NEED some serious opinions
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2014, 05:02:36 PM »
 I know this is old but I'm wondering if this helps
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ABSvSS9Lc

Offline Jay

• Post Master