Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Whoppers!  (Read 13084 times)

Offline optimus prime

• Rider
Whoppers!
« on: February 08, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »
Cool, I get the fiirst post.

I'm soon to get the Hayabusa's funkier brother, and am interested in sharing any and all info.
My bike is 2 weeks off,  as it was just allocated to the dealer last night.  He didn't originally order one, and when one dealer decided to drop one, mine was re-directed from the warehouse to my Suzuki dealer, who is after my wife, my greatest friend, which makes life good.

I'm going for the Black/Silver, which is more true to the concept bike, and hope to add the Genuine Suzuki Flyscreen once it is off back order.  Also, must have some kind of plate relocation, as the prong that juts off the rear of the bike is wrong.  I do like the blunderbuss exhaust though, and that seems to be a real dealbreaker for some.

Pics when I get it.
-OP

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
Re: Whoppers!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »
So, if I told you that I have, perhaps, California's largest Transformer collection, does that mean I get dibs to be the 2nd guy to ride your bike?

Congrats on the soon-to-be-addition. It's a fun, fun bike. The tank is, well, it's just big. I can't help but wonder how much bigger the tank is compared to the 600 cc B-King, or whatever that bike is called.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline optimus prime

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »
Some pics I found........

Counting down......
-OP

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »
I realy like the ride on the B-King , my mate has one and we swap sometimes ,
Here's some pics from last weekend,   has the 2 Bros exhaust

Official Site Donor

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »
lower triples look good on em
1 Fast Hayabusa N/A 217.443mph so far

Offline optimus prime

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »
What tail tidy is that?

I realy like the ride on the B-King , my mate has one and we swap sometimes ,
Here's some pics from last weekend,   has the 2 Bros exhaust

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 06:02:48 PM »
Garry powdercoat yours and they will look the same  :wink:

The tail tidy comes with the 2 bros exhaust, very complete kit and easy to fit.
only thing not part of the 2 bros or std b-k is the bigger tail light that he fitted when he made his own exhaust to start with till the nice looking aftermarket stuff was available.
Official Site Donor

Offline gotbus99

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »
Oz, can you ask your buddy how he fitted the tail light and see if it's possible to do something like that with the stock pipes?  Thanks!

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 04:24:36 AM »
Taillight was a stock item from his dealer, from a dirtbike or something, may fit with std lights , he never tried it but it looks close
Official Site Donor

Offline Jesse James

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 08:00:35 AM »
OZ,  How did your mate do racing the R1?  It sucks here in MN, its winter and I havent rode mine yet :evil:

Offline gotbus99

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »
Thanks Oz, now getting the light is easy but I'm not how difficult the installation process is but I'm sure I'll find out.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »
He ran 10.5's just about every run, the secondary throttle control tames it down from what it could be & still stock height & wasn't getting too serious he has another bike for drags that was running as well that day.

Gotbus  personaly i would save up for the whole exhaust & undertai with the led lightbar, its quite bright even though small , the noise is like a nice single system 4 into 1 ,deep ,loud enough to hear it without been harsh.
Official Site Donor

Offline gotbus99

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »
Gotbus  personaly i would save up for the whole exhaust & undertai with the led lightbar, its quite bright even though small , the noise is like a nice single system 4 into 1 ,deep ,loud enough to hear it without been harsh.

Oh no, I'm probably in the minority but I love the way the stockers look.  Otherwise, I would've fitted a pair of yosh, devil, two bros, etc., on it already.  Thanks for the 'led lightbar' info...I'm going to contact 2 bros. to see if they are willing to sell me the led lightbar separately.