Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: would like some information  (Read 1720 times)

Offline jcbusa1

• Apprentice Post Whore
would like some information
« on: February 11, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »
i recently just bought short stacks for my 07 busa.. the only problem i got alot of things for a package deal but the only thing is that i only got 2 short stacks.. now my question what should i do?? the shop i bought them from says that its a cheaper way instead of buying the v-stacks to change the 2 middle stacks and add the 2 short stack rubbers.....   just wanted to get some ideas thrown at me...

also i would like to change my exhaust and i really like the way the turbo exhause looks coming out of the plastics.. but do you need the turbo to have that exhaust i would guess so but didn't know if anyone knew of any ideas..

one more thing and tricks of the trade to make the busa gain HP... i just put the T.R.E and the BCM racing air filter in... but havn't started it yet its still being worked on.. again any hints or ideas for the busa. if you can get back to me thanks alot fellow riderz.... :thumb:

Offline mercenary

• Restricted
  • Rider
Re: would like some information
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 01:34:47 AM »
i recently just bought short stacks for my 07 busa.. the only problem i got alot of things for a package deal but the only thing is that i only got 2 short stacks.. now my question what should i do?? the shop i bought them from says that its a cheaper way instead of buying the v-stacks to change the 2 middle stacks and add the 2 short stack rubbers.....   just wanted to get some ideas thrown at me...

also i would like to change my exhaust and i really like the way the turbo exhause looks coming out of the plastics.. but do you need the turbo to have that exhaust i would guess so but didn't know if anyone knew of any ideas..

one more thing and tricks of the trade to make the busa gain HP... i just put the T.R.E and the BCM racing air filter in... but havn't started it yet its still being worked on.. again any hints or ideas for the busa. if you can get back to me thanks alot fellow riderz.... :thumb:
What the shop owner says is true,you can mod the stock rubbers too.But its not as good as the metal ones.Due to heat rubber expands.Its better to have the advanced TRE.I got the GIPRO its 2 in 1.with gear indicator too.comes in blue in red.I changed from K&N to BMC to pipercross foam filter.My BMC rubber by the side.Was in terrible condition,partly due to that idiotic mechanic force the filter out of shape.After long usage you put the filter under the light and you might be able to see many small tiny holes.Its made of paper wool anyway.

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
Re: would like some information
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »
I assume you have a stock motor? If so, just leave the stacks alone. You can gain a little bit of peak horsepower, but the loss of low & midrange power is not worth it.

I wouldn't recommend all short stacks unless you have a modified motor with port/cams and/or stroker motor.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6