Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Killacycle on Green Machine (Discovery Channel)  (Read 1506 times)

Offline canadianhayabusa

• Rider
Killacycle on Green Machine (Discovery Channel)
« on: May 11, 2008, 06:43:29 AM »
Anyone see the episode of Green Machines on Discovery last night? They had the Killacycle matched up against the pro-stock bike of Connie Cohen. Unfortunately they didn't race side by side but they each made passes and compared numbers. The gas bike blew the battery bike away but the Killacycle did set a new world record for battery operated drag bikes....8.083 @ 160 mph.

Pretty impressive to see Connie back on a bike after she broke her neck in a brutal accident.

Here is a video of her accident, actually a bunch of accidents. Connie's is the second to last.....yellow pro-stock bike that goes through the sand and then through the safety net....ouch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BUMjv64J_4&feature=related

Mike

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
Re: Killacycle on Green Machine (Discovery Channel)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »
Watched a bit of it last night.  I saw her go 7.98 and the Killa go 8.08 so i don;t think that was "blown" away.  I turned it after that.  Good to hear she is okay but she will never be a contender again...

Offline canadianhayabusa

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »
I am pretty sure she ran a 7.78 not a 7.98. 3 tenths is quite a bit. The technology on the Killacycle was pretty cool though. Instant torque when he turns it on in the burnout box.

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »
Should have shown this KillaCycle video . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeFrIqC57_U

All kidding aside it's a very impressive machine.
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline canadianhayabusa

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:17:35 AM »
Yeah...I have seen that before. No safety equipment......what a knob. Apparently he didn't die though, he was on the green machines  show lol.