Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: TURBO OR WHAT  (Read 34772 times)

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
Re: TURBO OR WHAT
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »
reality of smoking cigarettes.

Nothing against Richards Stage I  having a problem, for a Stage I kit, his is best you can get.  But it still has a FMU.

Just answer this one question.  Of the numerous Production Turbo Automobiles (in the last 15 years), sold to the general public, HOW MANY USED A FMU?!?!?!?!?!

And there is your answer........  If NO large automotive manufacturer would employ the use of one, it's a reliability issue, PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Get a Stage 1 kit and then when you have the $$$ get the secondary injection.  That's a good idea, if money is an issue.  But spend 5 now or 10 later.....

Ok if this is the line of thinking then lets ask ourselves how many production automobiles use secondary injectors? Do your statements still apply?

Our FMUs are made here and differ then any others on the market, not sure I have even heard a problem with one yet? Although I do not recommend altering the boost levels that are setup in a stage 1 kit. If a customer wants more, or even wants to run different levels of boost I always try to steer them towards secondaries. I will never recommend higher boost for a stage 1.

Richard
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:15:09 AM by 2wicked »

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »

Nothing against Richards Stage I  having a problem, for a Stage I kit, his is best you can get.  But it still has a FMU.

Just answer this one question.  Of the numerous Production Turbo Automobiles (in the last 15 years), sold to the general public, HOW MANY USED A FMU?!?!?!?!?!

And there is your answer........  If NO large automotive manufacturer would employ the use of one, it's a reliability issue, PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Get a Stage 1 kit and then when you have the $$$ get the secondary injection.  That's a good idea, if money is an issue.  But spend 5 now or 10 later.....

Ok if this is the line of thinking then lets ask ourselves how many production automobiles use secondary injectors? Do your statements still apply?

Our FMUs are made here and differ then any others on the market, not sure I have even heard a problem with one yet? Although I do not recommend altering the boost levels that are setup in a stage 1 kit. If a customer wants more, or even wants to run different levels of boost I always try to steer them towards secondaries. I will never recommend higher boost for a stage 1.

Richard

good enough for me. thanks :thumb:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »

Nothing against Richards Stage I  having a problem, for a Stage I kit, his is best you can get.  But it still has a FMU.

Just answer this one question.  Of the numerous Production Turbo Automobiles (in the last 15 years), sold to the general public, HOW MANY USED A FMU?!?!?!?!?!

And there is your answer........  If NO large automotive manufacturer would employ the use of one, it's a reliability issue, PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Get a Stage 1 kit and then when you have the $$$ get the secondary injection.  That's a good idea, if money is an issue.  But spend 5 now or 10 later.....

Richard

good enough for me. thanks :thumb:

...me too. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2008, 07:35:13 PM »
The statement is about the way a FMU functions and my opinion of them, not the quality of your product Richard....LOL  That's why I excluded yours by bringing up your kit.  So reliability was not my only or main problem with FMU.  Going from 5 psi to 20 psi the 30 psi and then back to 7 psi.  No FMU can do that, that right there is my main problem.  I was trying to exclude you and your loyal following is rallying up....  You have to love the RCC following.  The truck I was driving today has 2 big RCC stickers in the back window......LOL

I still don't like FMUs and you can't make me........   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
The statement is about the way a FMU functions and my opinion of them, not the quality of your product Richard....LOL  That's why I excluded yours by bringing up your kit.  So reliability was not my only or main problem with FMU.  Going from 5 psi to 20 psi the 30 psi and then back to 7 psi.  No FMU can do that, that right there is my main problem.  I was trying to exclude you and your loyal following is rallying up....  You have to love the RCC following.  The truck I was driving today has 2 big RCC stickers in the back window......LOL

:lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2008, 05:16:24 AM »

LOL, you do so like them, you are just in denial, ha ha

Richard

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2008, 10:10:11 AM »

LOL, you do so like them, you are just in denial, ha ha

Richard

I do like them?!?!?!?!?

Hey, you're trying that old Jedi Mind Trick on me, aren't you?!?!?!?!?

Maybe you're right, maybe I do like them?????  :?
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"