Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 200 mph on a stock busa with cheap mods under $1000?  (Read 25894 times)

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: 200 mph on a stock busa with cheap mods under $1000?
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 12:40:37 AM »
 :lol: ,,, puts a new twist on rolling resistance.
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline ltbusa

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »

great thread guys!

So it sounds like the consensus is that a "stock" gen1busa is good for just over 190(with TRE) and that it takes a lot of serious work, or NOS, to get much above that. Have I got this right? If thats the case it says a lot about how well engineered these bikes are. You do $1,000.00 of mods to the average car and you'll get some serious gains (but nowhere near as much fun as a Busa :P)
07 Busa-Still mostly stock BUT not for long
73 Sportster (Dead and leaving soon)
75 Sportster Too much to list but on the road soon

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »

great thread guys!

So it sounds like the consensus is that a "stock" gen1busa is good for just over 190(with TRE) and that it takes a lot of serious work, or NOS, to get much above that. Have I got this right? If thats the case it says a lot about how well engineered these bikes are. You do $1,000.00 of mods to the average car and you'll get some serious gains (but nowhere near as much fun as a Busa :P)

Last season some of the locals threw in a dry nitrous kit, connected a between the ecu and nitrous solenoid, flashed a nitrous ecu map, crushed the regulator for +14psi and off they went - reaching somewhere between 205 - 210mph (with some wind) trap speed depending on gearing they chose to use for various runs. Total cost was around 500usd. Oh, the bike did have a pipe (full exhaust) when they bought the bike used.

I hacked an ecu, designed a top notch engine with several nighs of engine computer simulations, went to an extreme in building an airbox with fiberglass and shortening the intake, spent several grands into this well built 1397 and hit the limiter at 208mph.

Its not if it can be done, its all about how you choose to do it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:43:49 PM by PetriK »

Offline corderpounder88

• New User!
  • WHAT UP YO!
    • myspace
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »
well i got the bike used i dont know if it has a tre on it or not i dont have stock exhaust on it that pic is the first day i got her. i know what my gps says and its accurate i use it on a lot of apps this one being the only one that fast. so unless it just goes stupid above 150 i will believe what i ran. i know you guys know a lot more than me but i saw this with my own eyes. I would have took a picture but at that speed i didnt even want to take my eyes off the road.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
well i am sure you guys will think i am lieing i have an 03 lowered with busted gauges ie. the speedo dont work so i decided to use my gps and i have had mine on the gps over 200 only mods i have done is that i have no mirrors lowered it and have a double bubble windscreen. so whats the deal.

The deal is, you didn't do that from a dead stop to just 1 mile.  That's the deal.  Many Busa's can go 200 but it takes you a lot farther to get to that speed than just 1 mile from a dead stop with your current mods.  I believe your GPS, just not your distance.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline corderpounder88

• New User!
  • WHAT UP YO!
    • myspace
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2009, 04:50:20 PM »
hmm maybe i misread something i dont think i said it was with in those perameters i was driving to a buddys house about 30 miles away when i did it in a stretch of probably 3 miles or so heck i dont know. haha

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2009, 04:55:33 PM »
Yes, 3 miles will do it for many Busa's, hell even a 1000 can go 200 with the right gearing and and mods in 3 miles.
thanks for your candor.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2009, 11:10:32 PM »
well i am sure you guys will think i am lieing i have an 03 lowered with busted gauges ie. the speedo dont work so i decided to use my gps and i have had mine on the gps over 200 only mods i have done is that i have no mirrors lowered it and have a double bubble windscreen. so whats the deal.

First you say "only mods I have done are no mirrors lowered and a double bubble."

well i got the bike used i dont know if it has a tre on it or not i dont have stock exhaust on it that pic is the first day i got her. i know what my gps says and its accurate i use it on a lot of apps this one being the only one that fast. so unless it just goes stupid above 150 i will believe what i ran. i know you guys know a lot more than me but i saw this with my own eyes. I would have took a picture but at that speed i didnt even want to take my eyes off the road.

Then you say you got it used and now it's got exhaust.....blah....blah...etc. so it's hard to really know what's done to the bike...

Based on your initial statement of it being essentially stock with no performance mods, 200mph GPS is impossible.  Now that it's apparent that you have other mods and it wasn't in 1-mile actual results and opinions may change... ;)
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2009, 12:53:44 AM »
"Hmm,,,, let me see,, if I drive to my buddy's house about 3 miles away,, do I think I can obtain 200mph if I peg it all the way there!?" "I know!! I'll call him first,, and have him stand out on the front porch,,, tell him I'll wave when I fly by as I set this new record with a stock Busa!" :mrgreen:

"Hope I don't lose my hand!"  :bah: :lol:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 12:55:19 AM by Cookie »
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2009, 07:30:31 PM »
Bonnieville would be nice but at 5000 ft above sea level and you're losing a good percentage of hp, the hat is really cool though!

It is true that the salt has a higher elevation and lower air density and this lowers HP but is almost a dead equal trade off due to the aerodynamic advantage the thinner air gives. The thinner air @ Bonneville has proven to give vehicles with higher Cd numbers an advantage over lower elevations with the gain in HP.

~JH
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 07:33:10 PM by Jonny Hotnuts »
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

Busa pwrd Bonneville car 208 mph+
2X world record holder
NA motor: 1507cc
Fastest 1.5L NA door slammer in the world

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 11:50:24 PM »
Well, then it's 4 hp to the ground. Don't have to convince me, I've got 'em! And they are well woth it.

I will support you!! If you figure stock bearings take 4 horse just off the rear wheel and 4 off from the front thats +8 with the ceramics...its almost like shaving rotating weight off...just be reducing rotational friction. And i would rather have something in my wheels that can withstand the heat of space shuttle ReEntry than something that can only witstand about 1500 deg!

It does suck that they are so expensive though!
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »
I will support you!! If you figure stock bearings take 4 horse just off the rear wheel and 4 off from the front thats +8 with the ceramics...its almost like shaving rotating weight off...just be reducing rotational friction. And i would rather have something in my wheels that can withstand the heat of space shuttle ReEntry than something that can only witstand about 1500 deg!

It does suck that they are so expensive though!

zero possibility you will gain 8 hp by ceramic wheel bearings alone on a bike.

Rotational weight has almost no affect on top speed and its affect is multiplied the further the weight is from the centerline....so heavy tires can make a difference but a heavy break rotor doesn’t.

I am not saying ceramic wheel bearings are bad but the difference between oem and ceramic wheel bearings are small......maybe enough to make a difference when everyone is running close but for the average joe........stick with OEM and spend the money on a turbo.
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

Busa pwrd Bonneville car 208 mph+
2X world record holder
NA motor: 1507cc
Fastest 1.5L NA door slammer in the world

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2009, 09:44:42 AM »
Intersting Jonny, but I disagree with you when dealing with short courses.  :wink:
Thomas

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2009, 09:16:33 PM »
Im just saying its basically the seme reason that top fuel cars run 3" wide tires on the front and not 6" its rotational friction!
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.