Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Yoshimura TRC cans, PC III and airbox mods.  (Read 9581 times)

Offline alandowds

• New User!
Yoshimura TRC cans, PC III and airbox mods.
« on: March 12, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »
Hey there fellow B-Kingers...

I work at SuperBike magazine in the UK, and am running a long-term test B-King this year. So far I've fitted the Yosh TRC cans, with a Power Commander and  some airbox mods. Ended up with about 175bhp at the wheel, and a much tidier rear end. The secondary butterflies are also gone.

I've also got a 40bhp nitrous kit fitted - for 215bhp at the tyre peak... The guys at Big CC Racing in Wokingham, England have done most of the work so far.

I'll try and post some pics here when I get a second. But there is a bit more about the bike on our website:

http://www.superbike.co.uk/news/2008_Suzuki_BKing_derestricted_news_news_175626.html
and
http://www.superbike.co.uk/news/215bhp_Suzuki_Bking_with_nitrous_oxide_kit_news_182156.html

I'm trying to track down a full-system, but can't seem to find one anywhere. A flyscreen would be good too - anyone seen one other than the French one? A rear shock is also on the wish-list.

I'm planning some other proper mods on the B-King: maybe even getting it a little closer to the original concept machine!

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
Re: Yoshimura TRC cans, PC III and airbox mods.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »
Welcome to the site! And nice meeting you! I've must have read hundreds of your articles over the past couple of years. The magazine is awesome, even if it's not easy to get in the United States! Thank you Borders Books!

I haven't heard of full systems for the BK just yet. I know some companies have 'thought about it', but haven't stepped forward.

It does make me wonder how hard would it be to get a header for a the bike, your slip-on's, and have some muffler shop with a mandrel bend press just simple connect the pieces. But I'm sure some company will step it up pretty soon.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline alandowds

• New User!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »
Hey Mospeada,

Thanks for the praise, you're very kind! I know how expensive the mag is over there too, so thanks again... There is actually an option on the superbike website to get the magazine delivered in electronic form, which is a fair bit cheaper I think.  Here's a link:

http://www.zinio.com/offer?issn=02628456&of=PH2&bd=1

As to the pipes, I'm wondering like you how hard it would be to make something fit. I bet Hayabusa headers would fit at the front, so you'd just need an altered link pipe  up to the end cans.

Apparently here in the UK, sales of full systems are falling, folk are just fitting end cans. They only want the sound and the looks, there's no real need for the extra power from a system. Plus they cost £1500...

My bike is in getting a bracket made up for a supercharger at the moment. Using a US-made ProCharger - www.procharger.com and aiming at about 350bhp to start with. Woohoo!

Offline woodsy

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 03:55:14 PM »

My bike is in getting a bracket made up for a supercharger at the moment. Using a US-made ProCharger - www.procharger.com and aiming at about 350bhp to start with. Woohoo!

Is Sean doing the supercharger conversion too????Once it's done it would make a great feature if you want to compare it to my Stage 2 Big CC turbo B King which is just about to be finished by Sean

Offline alandowds

• New User!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
Hey there Woodsy,

Sounds top, give me a shout on the email and we'll sort something out. alan_dowds@ipcmedia.com

Al

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »
let me know if you need parts from state side and welcome!!

Offline woodsy

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »
Hey there Woodsy,

Sounds top, give me a shout on the email and we'll sort something out. alan_dowds@ipcmedia.com

Al

will do alan,as soon as i get it back and have a quick play on it to get used to it i'll drop you a line :D :thumb: